PDA

View Full Version : My SR20DET is evil and floods

whitesileighty
04-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I posted on here previously trying to figure out why my car won't start. It turned into a nightmarishly long thread that didn't fix anything. I will start a new one with the intent to get more specific after running a billion tests.

My car is flooding and won't start. The injectors are new (not stuck open, not leaking, o-rings are great, no leaks when the fuel rail was lifted up and pressurized). I have a Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 740cc injectors, stock rail and FPR, and Enthalpy ECU.

What I need is some brainstorming on what can cause it to run so rich that it's flooding before it starts the following facts are to help with any suggestions.

1) The CTS is showing approx 3.5v on the ECU sensor (2 wire) anyone know what the voltage should be when the motor is cold (50-60degrees)? I believe wide open is 5v if it's extreme cold so the CTS seems fine just knowing that the range is 0-5v and it's 100degrees colder than if the motor was running.

2) Scott (Enthalpy) said that even if he sent me a 550cc map it should still start and just run really rich. If that's the case then I am assuming it's not the ECU.

3) Possible the FP is overpowering the FPR and creating too much pressure and blowing it through the 740cc injectors and flooding? I ordered a Sard AFPR to replace but am waiting for it to get here to be able to test.

Other than these options is there anything else that pops into anyone's head?

whyrun?
04-10-2009, 11:54 AM
I would think it would be the FPR if you are running a stock one with a walbro. I dont have any first hand experience but I have heard alot of peoples failing with a walbro.

johngriff
04-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Injector orings.

Fuel leaking past the orings.