PDA

View Full Version : 91 S13 Super HICAS - How to properly lower the car??

44downlow
04-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey everyone. I've searched plenty and can't find anything specific to what I am looking for. I want to know how to properly (if possible), lower a super hicas 240sx. I have lowered several cars properly already but I am looking at the way the rear steer works and it seems to me if the car is lowered in the rear the computer may get confused, even after the camber and toe is set back to spec (or close to).

I want to know if it would be better to go with camber plates and RUCAs or would I have to get full adjustable front and rear lower control arms to keep the suspension alignment where I need it? If I keep the suspension alignment close to spec then will the super hicas computer get confused??
Wondering if anyone on here has done this with success and what they did?

My super hicas system is in top notch shape and works flawlessly so I would hate to remove it just to get my car a couple of inches lower and get a more aggressive stance.

On another note.. Does oversized wheels/rims do a number on the super hicas accuracy? I will stick with stock rim/tire size if needed but zome nice wide 17's would be nice. :) Anyways thanks for the help, any input welcome!!

daverussell
04-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Lower the car, get aligned, drive.

JeremyR
04-05-2009, 08:16 PM
lol the computer has no idea what your suspension setup is at....
so altering your ride height/alignment specs wont make your computer screw with your hicas. but keep in mind, the hicas sytem on your 240sx was designed to work best with the stock suspension geometry.

projectRDM
04-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Nissan's HICAS system is archaic. Wheel angle, camber, toe have no effect on the operation of it, you can lower it to the frame rails if you want.

44downlow
04-06-2009, 01:09 AM
hey everyone thanks for the feedback. i am happy it won't mess with it. i want to see this thing at least 2 inches lower. you guys made my day thanks haha. im assuming since messing with the suspension won't effect it that larger rim/tire combo's would be fine too?

Chrischeezer
04-06-2009, 09:34 AM
HICAS is controlled by steering wheel angle, there is a sensor behind the steering wheel that detects angle.

daverussell
04-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Lowering the car and bigger wheel/tires combos will not effect the HICAS operating system.