PDA

View Full Version : MY 240 wont start please help

jsuetos31
04-05-2009, 01:25 PM
so i tried to turn my car on and it didnt turn over. so i kept trying still nothing. finally i got it by stepping on the gas while trying to turn it on but once i trn it off it wont start. i think it might be my ignition switch or maf does anyone have any idea thanks.

jsuetos31
04-05-2009, 02:30 PM
help meeee

whyrun?
04-05-2009, 02:46 PM
this has to be the most vague help thread.

do you have any idea on help thread etiquette (spl?)

what motor? what the hell did you do to it? did it run before? dont be so vague and maybe someone would help you.

ALSO HELP YOURSELF BY SEARCHING.

Sileighty_85
04-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Check ECU for codes.

second_chanceS14
04-16-2009, 12:57 AM
does it make any sound when u try to start it, i would start by making sure ur maf is plugged in and the maf works properly, then move onto fuel pump, check the injectoris using the noir light, check ur spark plugs and wires and distributor cap,if the problem persists, then most likely u have a blown ECU

teamsprock
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Your maf shouldn't be the problem, even if its gone bad it should still start up. Worst case you can unplug it and start it like that. Then you would know if the MAF is bad. Checking the ignition switch is easy. Makes sure as you turn the key that each contact point has continuity with the +12v signal. As you turn it the ACC wires should get continuity and then the last step the starter relay wire should get the 12v which then kicks on the relay that allows the startet to turn. Is the starter turning everytime you try and start it? If so I doubt its the starter or ignition switch. Check to see if your injectors are leaking and then to see if they are all spraying. Then check each spark plug by grounding them out to the valve cover and checking for spark.

If you get the car running do a power balance test. The instructions for this test are in the FSM, but esentially you unclip each injector one at a time and see if the engine note/rpm changes. Then clip it back in and move to the next injector, next do the same with the coilpacks. This should help you if any inector/spark plug is not working or to help you atleast figure out which cylinder is not working. Then you just need to figure out if its fuel,spark, or compression causing the problem. Sorry this isn't explained very well I am headed out the door and just wanted to make a few suggestions.