PDA

View Full Version : Red thing on shifter wont let me shift, brake lights wont come one

Clark W. Griswald
04-04-2009, 01:14 AM
My 93 vert has no spoiler therefore no third brake light. There was a plug a reconnected under the trunk lid to see what it did and I ended up leaving it there. My brake lights dont work, and I have to push that little red stick down in front of the shifter to put my car into gear. Do I need a brake light switch?

cdlong
04-04-2009, 04:56 AM
it might be a problem with your brake pedal. the reason you can't shift out of park is because the shift interlock isn't disengaging. that's what usually forces you to step on the brake pedal to shift out of park. the two things might be connected. climb under the dash and look around. i think the interlock is mechanical and the brake light switch is electric. i'm not sure how they could be related, but it's where i'd start.

WA_Sileighty
04-04-2009, 01:05 PM
you may also have poped the fuse. on alot of cars the signal for the brake wire coming off the pedal is the same signal that will activate the interlock for the tranny. Check to make sure the connection is sound in the box above the pedal, then go through the fuses

projectRDM
04-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Fuse or bad brake switch for certain.

proud2b3black
04-04-2009, 08:41 PM
definitely check the wiring its a 93 so the wiring might have just finally went out
ck all fuses inside and out side if they are all good then replace the brake light switch which is located behind the peddle also ck the 2 wires that go to the switch they should be green with a red stripe (i dont really remember its been a while) make sure that it is not broken. good luck

oh yea projectrdm doesnt know what he is talking about he doesn't know the difference between a z32 and 300zx lmfao

projectRDM
04-05-2009, 11:10 AM
definitely check the wiring its a 93 so the wiring might have just finally went out
ck all fuses inside and out side if they are all good then replace the brake light switch which is located behind the peddle also ck the 2 wires that go to the switch they should be green with a red stripe (i dont really remember its been a while) make sure that it is not broken. good luck

oh yea projectrdm doesnt know what he is talking about he doesn't know the difference between a z32 and 300zx lmfao

Idiot. The brake switch wire is red with a green stripe. And wiring doesn't just 'go bad', ever. This isn't a Jaguar, it's a Nissan.

proud2b3black
04-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Idiot. The brake switch wire is red with a green stripe. And wiring doesn't just 'go bad', ever. This isn't a Jaguar, it's a Nissan.

lmao i said i dont remember and the colors were reversed woopy doo projectrdm he finally got it right. and wiring does go bad for your information no matter what car, it depend on the condition of how people treat their car, oxidized wires, rusted wires, wires can even catch on fire ( how do you think) theres always the possiblity get your info straight bro then move up to the big doodes

projectRDM
04-05-2009, 02:58 PM
lmao i said i dont remember and the colors were reversed woopy doo projectrdm he finally got it right. and wiring does go bad for your information no matter what car, it depend on the condition of how people treat their car, oxidized wires, rusted wires, wires can even catch on fire ( how do you think) theres always the possiblity get your info straight bro then move up to the big doodes

Says the kid who can't spell, punctuate, or use grammar to save his life.

I seriously doubt if dude's car had been on fire that he'd be working on it. Sure, fire does damage wires, and then the car is sold for scrap.

ixfxi
04-05-2009, 03:37 PM

wires dont go bad unless they've been subjected to neglect. if theyre too close to a heat surface, or exposed to excessive UV, or physical damage. thats when wires oxidize, rust, fray, or when insulation cracks.

im still amused when people question russ

proud2b3black
04-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Says the kid who can't spell, punctuate, or use grammar to save his life.

I seriously doubt if dude's car had been on fire that he'd be working on it. Sure, fire does damage wires, and then the car is sold for scrap.

just to let projectrdm know

i am a well educated young adult attending University of California, Los Angeles. If you wish to challenge my education, score higher than a 165 on the lsat, then perhaps you might stand on the same level as me. I choose not to care about my english when i am helping a fellow 240sx owner in need, but if there is any way for you to help it would be to get rid of your 240sx and join the honda club.

i am truly sorry that we deviated from the main focus of this thread, please forgive me, and i hope all goes well

clark
04-06-2009, 06:30 AM

i am a well educated young adult attending University of California, Los Angeles. If you wish to challenge my education, score higher than a 165 on the lsat, then perhaps you might stand on the same level as me. I choose not to care about my english when i am helping a fellow 240sx owner in need, but if there is any way for you to help it would be to get rid of your 240sx and join the honda club.

i am truly sorry that we deviated from the main focus of this thread, please forgive me, and i hope all goes well

ugh i wish i could neg rep you.

it's also great to see that you would classify people based on a silly lsat score. that's just really great.

NeedCAforS13
04-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Amazing. Questioning Russ about wiring is right on par with questioning Mike about lighting.

If you're still attending UCLA, you're not that well educated you pompous ass. Test scores don't make you smart. They make you a good test taker.

I wish I could comment on your screen name, but I would probably get pinked for doing so.

projectRDM
04-06-2009, 07:45 AM

If you indeed want to help, know what in hell you're talking about. I browsed through all of your previous posts on here, you're a fucking moron. Plain and simple.
Test scores are easy to fake. Test scores can be cheated. And sometimes, absolute stupid fucking morons like you get lucky. Don't assume you have any shred of intelligence or can even compete on my level. You don't, and you can't.
I have owned, parted, and serviced strictly 240SXs for now going on 15 years. Back when you were still crawling on your knees pissing yourself. Fuck off and die troll.

proud2b3black
04-06-2009, 07:25 PM
If you indeed want to help, know what in hell you're talking about. I browsed through all of your previous posts on here, you're a fucking moron. Plain and simple.
Test scores are easy to fake. Test scores can be cheated. And sometimes, absolute stupid fucking morons like you get lucky. Don't assume you have any shred of intelligence or can even compete on my level. You don't, and you can't.
I have owned, parted, and serviced strictly 240SXs for now going on 15 years. Back when you were still crawling on your knees pissing yourself. Fuck off and die troll.

its funny how easily angered you are, your a mechanic and you cant even tell the difference between a chasis code and the dealership car name. Remember this, i didn't have to use one negative word to make you as angry as you are right now, yet im willing to put my pink slip on the line in a race, whichever you pefer. if you cant do man up go piss yourself, and then grow some real balls.

Do not ever question my diligence when it comes to education. You sat your life here on the forums playing with yourself, and couldn't make anything of yourself. Im sorry that you dont have a future ahead of you but working on more 240sx, hope that goes all well. Oh yea if anyone needs to sue this guy for his horrible mechanic work, advice, or anything just hit me up.

proud2b3black
04-06-2009, 07:37 PM
ugh i wish i could neg rep you.

it's also great to see that you would classify people based on a silly lsat score. that's just really great.

im not classifying him by the lsat im using it as a reference point retard

Amazing. Questioning Russ about wiring is right on par with questioning Mike about lighting.

If you're still attending UCLA, you're not that well educated you pompous ass. Test scores don't make you smart. They make you a good test taker.

I wish I could comment on your screen name, but I would probably get pinked for doing so.

i wish you had the balls to bro cause like projectrdm you need to grow some. maybe you didnt get into the school you wanted to and now you hate the world for it dont blame me. And as much time as you spend on your car i probably spend studying, so im not a good test taker i actually had to work for what i got

NeedCAforS13
04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Haha, I don't hate the world. I have a better job than you will ever get with that attitude. I got into EXACTLY the school I wanted to, and it was completely paid for as well. Full ride. No debt bitch. Don't think you're the only educated individual on zilvia. And unlike you, I'm actually out of school. You're not well educated YET. Don't inflate your ego before you actually accomplish something. You're just a little punk talking shit. Piss off.

proud2b3black
04-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Haha, I don't hate the world. I have a better job than you will ever get with that attitude. I got into EXACTLY the school I wanted to, and it was completely paid for as well. Full ride. No debt bitch. Don't think you're the only educated individual on zilvia. And unlike you, I'm actually out of school. You're not well educated YET. Don't inflate your ego before you actually accomplish something. You're just a little punk talking shit. Piss off.

oh lol full ride good stuff, me to millennium scholarship bro. same level as you on that hmmm... oh yea your fucking older than me you better not be in the same year as me in college. grows some balls and come to cali and meet me on the track.

NeedCAforS13
04-06-2009, 08:34 PM
You want people to take you seriously? Start typing like someone with an education. I don't give a shit if some guy in California has a faster/cooler/more awesome car than me. There always will be someone out there with a better car.

And the comment about your screenname was simply this: What kind of an asshole would I be if my screenname was proud2b3white? I'd be a racist fucking cracker. So that makes you... exactly.

This is where I stop before I get labeled something I'm not. My best friend and old college roommate is a black guy, who read your dumbass responses and your retarded screenname and said, what a stupid fucking _______. Fill in the blank LSAT boy.

proud2b3black
04-06-2009, 09:02 PM
like i stated prior to your stupid ass response i dont give a fuck about how i write when talking to chumps like you. by you stating that you didnt want to comment on my sn you were already implying racist ideals. Im not a racist person at all. I am simply stating that i am proud of what and who i am is there a problem with that, honstly i dont care if a white , hispanic, asian, or middle eastern says that he is proud of what he is, if anything i salut him because he has taken pride in himself. And your roomate is just as dumb as you mr. full ride. He uses a term that implies racist connotations,and even if he used the more venacular term he is still using a word that imply derogatory meaning so like i said until you can grow some balls and come out here and prove to me that your better than me in every way, shape, or form sit down and get back to your everyday life.

projectRDM
04-06-2009, 09:39 PM
its funny how easily angered you are, your a mechanic and you cant even tell the difference between a chasis code and the dealership car name. Remember this, i didn't have to use one negative word to make you as angry as you are right now, yet im willing to put my pink slip on the line in a race, whichever you pefer. if you cant do man up go piss yourself, and then grow some real balls.

Do not ever question my diligence when it comes to education. You sat your life here on the forums playing with yourself, and couldn't make anything of yourself. Im sorry that you dont have a future ahead of you but working on more 240sx, hope that goes all well. Oh yea if anyone needs to sue this guy for his horrible mechanic work, advice, or anything just hit me up.

I've seen you mention that before and had no clue what you're spewing. So, I searched. You asked a question about 300ZX brakes in a thread, to which I replied with a link to the 300ZX brake swap page. 300ZX=Z32. Seen here in all it's glory: http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/241838-z32-brake-upgrade.html#post2653079 I don't know what other way you're looking at it, but they're the same damn car. Suggesting they are not the same proves you're an idiot. But let's go on.
I'm not angry at all. I'm amused. Laughing at your pointless dribble to look cool and try to prove you're intelligent. I don't get angry at trolls I don't know. Never have.
And then I laugh even harder that your attempt to 'man up' to me involves a street race. Great comeback kid, put down the Fast and Furious DVD, seriously. I don't and have never had to prove anything to anyone but if I ever did it wouldn't be a street race to win cars. My car doesn't even run, don't have time or desire to work on it. If I did, it probably still wouldn't win, it's a low boost KA turbo for daily driving. I'm not, nor have I ever suggested that I own a 600hp monster that eats Ferraris for lunch. You assumed that, again, because you're an idiot. But let's go further, I'm really laughing now.
I browse one forum, this one, while I run an online business. I work on cars strictly as a hobby because I like doing it, and you can ask anyone who's had any work done by me, it's still running strong. I don't shortcut shit like you, nor do I do guesswork because I think cars just randomly catch on fire and burn to the ground without any visible damage except to the wiring harness. I'm sure the cars you work on may indeed catch fire and burn, but odds are there's more signs than just a melted wiring harness. It's fine though, you keep on thinking you're tough, I'll keep on laughing my ass off. Since I make more money in 8hours than you do all month, I have plenty of time to goof off on here.

ixfxi
04-07-2009, 12:34 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/241838-z32-brake-upgrade.html#post2653079 I don't know what other way you're looking at it, but they're the same damn car. Suggesting they are not the same proves you're an idiot. But let's go on.
I'm not angry at all. I'm amused. Laughing at your pointless dribble to look cool and try to prove you're intelligent. I don't get angry at trolls I don't know. Never have.

drivel, russ. drivel.

ixfxi
04-07-2009, 12:45 AM
like i stated prior to your stupid ass response i dont give a fuck about how i write when talking to chumps like you. by you stating that you didnt want to comment on my sn you were already implying racist ideals. Im not a racist person at all. I am simply stating that i am proud of what and who i am is there a problem with that, honstly i dont care if a white , hispanic, asian, or middle eastern says that he is proud of what he is, if anything i salut him because he has taken pride in himself. And your roomate is just as dumb as you mr. full ride. He uses a term that implies racist connotations,and even if he used the more venacular term he is still using a word that imply derogatory meaning so like i said until you can grow some balls and come out here and prove to me that your better than me in every way, shape, or form sit down and get back to your everyday life.

damn this is pathetic. why are you starting shit on a forum full of gurus, i dont get it. you should be pinked or banned for being dumb.. simple as that. its one thing to express your opinion, its another to just keep trying to battle like kool moe dee when we all know he lost miserably to LL.

i dont think anyone here cares about you, your schooling, test scores, ethnicity.. or any of that. you should rename your account to: proud2b3_a_d0uch3b4g

seriously, get over yourself.

proud2b3black
04-07-2009, 01:31 AM
you know what your right ixfxi. i dont know how you know my name or anything. I came here to help a fellow 240sx owner out, and shit escalated beyond necessary means. but ixfxi dont ever mention my name again cause i am not the one who started this rucus, but i did add to the flame so im in the wrong but it gives you no grounds to call me a douchbag. So if you choose to again believe me, a man of his word, there will be dire consequenses.

4sfed180
04-07-2009, 03:31 AM
proud2b3black is a fucking idiot....period.

i cant belive you have the balls to talk about yourself like this. you sound exactly like a guy i know that was supposedly all knowing, went to Embry-Riddle in daytona beach for aerospace engineering...and still doesnt know shit....and failed out...

the difference between him and you? he is a toyota guy with a mk3 supra. you are a nissan fuck-tard.

i dont even know who you are and i cant stand you.

btw if you wish to go through my profile and look up the posts i make i give you a green light. you have til tomorrow to get some dirt. have fun :)

oh btw my buddy is also of non-white ethnicity....maybe that has something to do with it. ;) proud to be_______(fill in the blank), and glad to be an asshole.

g'nite.

to the OP. most auto cars have the brake and shifter lock solenoid on the same circuit that is fused.

....wiring doesnt just go bad btw. im in a process of restoring my boss 1968 saab and guess what? the wiring is 40 years old and it all still works. original. nothing replaced but the fuses. isnt that crazy? youre wrong :)

NeedCAforS13
04-07-2009, 05:19 AM
you know what your right ixfxi. i dont know how you know my name or anything. I came here to help a fellow 240sx owner out, and shit escalated beyond necessary means. but ixfxi dont ever mention my name again cause i am not the one who started this rucus, but i did add to the flame so im in the wrong but it gives you no grounds to call me a douchbag. So if you choose to again believe me, a man of his word, there will be dire consequenses.

Russ = projectRDM.

I saw your name was Russ in another thread, but we were talking about the other Russ.

Now go away. Seriously.

proud2b3black
04-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Russ = projectRDM.

I saw your name was Russ in another thread, but we were talking about the other Russ.

Now go away. Seriously.

dang i feel bad that people spend there days on here looking through everyone's elses posts and threads

NeedCAforS13
04-07-2009, 11:52 AM
dang i feel bad that people spend there days on here looking through everyone's elses posts and threads

Why are you still posting?

ixfxi
04-07-2009, 12:26 PM

ruckus. you know, like the wutang says... bring the muthafuckin ruckus.

i'm very worried about the consequences (not consequenses) from a college student. so many scholar/gangsters nowadays.

go threaten someone who graduated and gives a fuck (ie: not me).

-----------

Originally Posted by proud2b3_a_d0uch3b4g

Why are you still posting?

-----------

haha i thought that was funny btw!!!

s13drob
04-07-2009, 12:55 PM
this threads hilarious. haha

projectRDM
04-07-2009, 01:34 PM

You still haven't responded as to how a Z32 chassis is not a 300ZX. You called me out on it, I rebutted it with proof. From the thread you posted in even.

I'm waiting. Patiently. So is the rest of the forum. Please explain to us your thoughts on the subject.

s13tilldeath*
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Wow this thread went way off topic..... haha

proud2b3black you dont know what you are talking about yet you still seem to challenge people who do......

If you dont know what you are talking about dont give advice or tell people they are wrong..... Also did you challenge him to a street race??? hahaha

you should be banned or pinked for being a dumbass....

4sfed180
04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
i call BAN....plain and simple. if youre not going to help people and talk shit all day then leave. or better yet be walked out.

i dont have much say since im new here, but at least i dont sound like a retard and most of all disrespect people for no apparent reason.

proud2b3black
04-07-2009, 08:37 PM
lol remember that your website has your business address posted right there for public usage. hmmm.... it wont be of useful info for me cant say that for anybody else though

oh yea im the one telling you projectrdm that a z32=300zx. if you look back at the thread i started titled "z32 brake upgrade" you state that there not the same chasis. Apparently now you agree that they are the same car, so no more complaints against you

silviaguy240
04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Uh, his sarcasm went WAY over your head there college boy. And tell me how you are so educated and you put z32 caliburs?

projectRDM
04-08-2009, 07:57 AM
lol remember that your website has your business address posted right there for public usage. hmmm.... it wont be of useful info for me cant say that for anybody else though

oh yea im the one telling you projectrdm that a z32=300zx. if you look back at the thread i started titled "z32 brake upgrade" you state that there not the same chasis. Apparently now you agree that they are the same car, so no more complaints against you

Show me where I said that, because you're a fucking liar. I even posted the link. There is NOTHING in that thread where I state anything other than you're a moron for asking a very basic, very remedial question. But since you can't read, let's do it again.

You asked : hey i have the caliburs and brake lines off a 300zx and i havent gotta started on the upgrade
but i have a few question before i get started
1. do i have to change the brake lines?
2. will i have to upgrade the stock rotors?
3. do i have to get new spindles?

So from this we can determine you have 300ZX brakes. Not all the parts you need, but a few.

My reply was : No one has ever put Z32 brakes on their car. Ever.

This of course was sarcasm, but nowhere in my reply do I say a 300ZX is not a Z32. And then I linked you to the page where (gasp!) you can read exactly how to put 300ZX caliburs on your 240SX.

So please, show me where I state otherwise. I'm eager to see where this is going.