PDA

View Full Version : S13 speaker upgrades

240-porkchop-sx
03-17-2003, 12:36 PM
hey everyone
i know some of you have done componts speakers up front and custom moded the rear to fit 6x9s and so on.
But for the rest (if any :rolleyes: ) have you guys switched to any better 4x6 speakers? if so did u do any moding to the factory mounts or to the new speakers?
also let me know the new aftermarket speaker you switched to?

thanks alot
l8r

Yoshi
03-17-2003, 01:13 PM
I have infinity kappa 4x6 plates all around, i LOVE them, coupled with my 10" MTX sub, it's a perfectly balanced system (for clarity) IMHO. The only mods to make it work were removing the stock amps (yay!) and shaving about 1/4" off each plate for the front speakers... pretty straight forward.

I love my stereo :)

HaLo
03-17-2003, 02:06 PM
I got some 6.5" in front. I had to do a new custom mount. They sound great! (Cerwin-Vega)

pinoydrifter
03-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Hello, I did 4x6 clarions all the way around. They sound great and i didn't do any mods for the install! I have them coupled with a bazooka 8 inch sub, together the system sounds outstanding! Although the setup will not be breaking any of the neighbors windows, it sounds very clean on the inside of the car!

240-porkchop-sx
03-17-2003, 03:52 PM
cool i bet ur systems sound wicked
are you guys all running off of deck power, or using extenals?

pinoydrifter:
your clarions, are they the component 4x6 plates? if so i was thinking of picking those up...they look like they'd sound solid!

HaLo:
could you post the mods that u did to fit the 6.5 in the door? i am also debating doing the same, then mounting the tweat near the top of the door panel. If you have pictues that would awsome!

thanks everyone!

HaLo
03-17-2003, 06:37 PM
I don't have pictures of the install.. the only pics I have are in my sounddomain profile which you can click in my signature.

pinoydrifter
03-17-2003, 06:59 PM
yea....those are them! They sound great and were pretty cheap too!If you need a good sounding speaker at a good price go with these! Also yes, I am only running off of deck power. Later-

Apparition
03-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Running a setup like yoshi, except I have the fronts amplified. It's dynamite for clarity and I absolutely love it.

syco3d
03-17-2003, 08:21 PM
I have a JVC head unit, kenwood 4x6 in front and polk 4x6 in the rear combined with a 8"kicker L7 ...I know every one says to just makje new mounts and put in 6.5s....but I think my 4x6s rock. :D

HaLo
03-17-2003, 08:59 PM
My whole system is amplified... It's GREAT sound... Perfect crystal clarity! ;)

Yoshi
03-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Apparition
Running a setup like yoshi, except I have the fronts amplified. It's dynamite for clarity and I absolutely love it.

let me reiterate.
i would NEVER run speakers of the crappy deck power, no way... I have dual MTX blue thunder amps for my speakers and sub as well. Yikes. no deck power ugh!

240-porkchop-sx
03-18-2003, 09:03 AM
thanks for all the info guys!
i just picked up and pioneer premier deck
i'm not really a big fan of deck power either but s**t, when i hooked this then up, it sounded better then the 4 channel alpine i had running..(i am still running the fatories tho :( )

HaLo:
I just wanted to say your ride is shhhweeeet... what kind of rims are those?
And i hear ya about having to buy a winter beater...the roads and all the salt here in winnipeg aren't any easier on the body!

pinoydrifter:
how much did u pick up those clarions for?
I'm thinking of running them in the rear

l8r

HaLo
03-18-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 240-porkchop-sx
HaLo:
I just wanted to say your ride is shhhweeeet... what kind of rims are those?
And i hear ya about having to buy a winter beater...the roads and all the salt here in winnipeg aren't any easier on the body!

Crappy ASA IS1 Rims. (16x7.5 with +40 offset) They are decent looking but won't clear a lot of things. (such as coilovers or Z32 brakes -> Not sure)

pinoydrifter
03-19-2003, 12:48 AM
hey... I don't really remember what I paid for them. I have a friend who works at a car audio shop, but I think i paid around 150 for them. Anyway if you need anything else, let me know. Cheers-

misnomer
03-19-2003, 01:47 AM
I have 6.5" Infiniti Kappas up front, 4x6 plates in the back, and a 10" sub. Sounds great, crystal clear. I am in dire need of an amp, all but my sub are running off of the deck.