PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start... S13sr in S14

Om1kron
04-01-2009, 01:16 AM
cliffs.
coil pack sub harness was pinned incorrectly, therefore causing 1 and 3 to get hot when trying to turn over. Re-pinned it following the ignition chip, still wont start.

So... I will update my build thread in a bit. Here is my dillema...

car cranks
is getting fuel
i'm getting spark

there is probably something else I should say that makes me sound smart, but i'll leave that.

Only thing that is not grounded is the alternator, so the battery is not going to get charged. I have a battery charger hooked up to the battery so it doesn't drain trying to start the car. So power is there.

Here is my current pinout.

From the engine harness.

Male Plug
1. L/R
2. R/G
3. R
4. nothing
5. R/W
6. R/L

From the sub harness.

Female plug
1. R
2. R/G
3. B/Y
4. B
5. R/W
6. nothing

I think something is mixed up here =(

halp I cannot find a pin out for these two things and it's an S13 SR. Someone please take a picture of their pin out and write down your wire order for me... (cough jeff jordan.)

Om1kron
04-01-2009, 12:13 PM
ok, found this thread. going to give it a go in a minute.

S14 SR20DET Coil Pack Wiring Harness: 240SX Technical Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=369726)

thanks for all of the responses guys (sarcasm.)

Om1kron
04-01-2009, 12:28 PM
after double checking it... he has his harness plugged up the same way I do mine. =(

KiLLeR2001
04-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Timing perhaps?

Om1kron
04-01-2009, 01:58 PM
not timing, cas hasn't been removed. car ran before in previous car. No need to check timing, it's the same as before when engine ran.

driver11324
04-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear it doesn't start after all of that work. Ill check my harness tomorrow for you when I go to work on my car.

Om1kron
04-01-2009, 07:13 PM
we've been in the garage all day, checked timing just in case... spot on, tried my ignition chip and ecu in another redtop car, works just fine. checked all of the wiring with a multimeter, grounds and power, all butter.

GSXRJordan recommended tooling around with some black wire on the e19 plug. But that goes to the alternator and other random plugs on the tranny.

also recommended checking the starting signal wire, but nothing is wrong with that.

car even cranks without the ecu relay attached which it shouldn't.

I'm pretty much a few more decisions short before tearing the whole harness apart.

Supercowboy
04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
A few things are the plugs wet? If not Spray some carb cleaner in the intake somewhere and crank the motor. If its flooded shut the fuel pump off and crank the motor with the TB wide open. Check to make sure ECU grounds are clean. Make sure coil packs are grounded. Does the car backfire or try to start. This is a stupid question but make sure the fuel feed and return line on The right way. I just did some work on a guys car and those were reversed and he couldnt get it started.

slider2828
04-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Try a new ecu.... Seriously! You might have toasted it as spark runs through the ecu. I had the same problem and it was the ecu. I shorted my mafs and my ecu was gone. I would try that before anything. Keeps you fromt ripping apart your harness

I have a known good ecu if yu want, but yeah see if you can get a ecu to try out.

Om1kron
04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
tried the ecu in another s13 sitting in my yard. worked just fine.

fuel pump is no longer priming now.

now the ecu may be toasted.

Om1kron
04-02-2009, 12:39 AM
tried the ECU in another 240, wouldn't start. Fuel pump wont prime. So it's official, I biffed my ecu.

I'm going to redo the bottom half of the engine harness next week while wrapping up the rest of the wiring. Granted I cannot start the car yet, I can still finish up the electrical system on the car.

oh well.

Om1kron
04-03-2009, 01:45 PM
re-did the lower harness wiring, car fired right up. will have a video update to my blog later today to show how I fixed the ecu.

rican_nick
04-03-2009, 01:49 PM
awesome do u know what exactly in the lower harness was the problem?

Om1kron
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
not one fucking clue. I just undid the f2 ecu relay and redid all of the contact wires, and shortened all of the wires so there was no more elephant trunk branching off of the wiring harness.

But I branched the ecu constant power into the switched power on accident, I need to go fix that right now. The car wont shut off unless I pull the 7.5 amp fuse and turn the key off.

whoopsie.

drkidd22
04-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Might have had a loose connection? I had problems with my SR as well and it turned out it was just my timming

los_inc
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
wanye is the fuckin man i'm glad you haven't given up homie
MAAAD props!!!
<3
-los