PDA

View Full Version : Will consult work with....

270R
03-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey i just wanted to clear things up before i spend any $$... I have a 95 s14 with a 97 sr black top... Will consult still function? cuz i want to get that consult cable thats everyone talks about and a lil cheapo laptop to scan me car... i actually have a few programs already downloaded.. i just want to know if it will work.. :s101:

projectRDM
03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
As long as you wired it in, yes. if you didn't, go do it. Then it will work.

Please don't ask how, there's a ton of info mainly by me right here on this site.

reaxion
03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
I highly doubt it man...i work for nissan so if anyone wanted to try and test this theory out w me Id be more than happy to hook up an SR'ed vehicle to consult..but I dont think itd work

HYPNOTIK
03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
It should as long as your diagnostic port is wired up correctly.

HYPNOTIK
03-30-2009, 04:42 PM
I highly doubt it man...i work for nissan so if anyone wanted to try and test this theory out w me Id be more than happy to hook up an SR'ed vehicle to consult..but I dont think itd work

This guy obviously has no idea. My car has an SR and it does work.

projectRDM
03-30-2009, 04:44 PM

You're a fucking moron too. I've wired CONSULT ports in dozens of SR cars. Of course it doesn't work if it's not wired it, shit, the engine won't start either if you just lay the fucker in there.

270R
03-30-2009, 05:29 PM

Just to let u guys know im not talking about the 6000.00 dollah factory scanner from the nissan dealer. Im talking about the USB cable sold on ebay to my. pc im not asking how to wire it. im asking if it will work on an 95 s14 with a 97 sr in it specifically..... would like input from a guy with an sr. its been covered but nobody states there set ups anymore...

projectRDM
03-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Just to let u guys know im not talking about the 6000.00 dollah factory scanner from the nissan dealer. Im talking about the USB cable sold on ebay to my. pc im not asking how to wire it. im asking if it will work on an 95 s14 with a 97 sr in it specifically..... would like input from a guy with an sr. its been covered but nobody states there set ups anymore...

If you don't like the answer you get, why ask? I've wired numerous CONSULT ports on both SOHC chassis cars with DOHCS as well as SRs. The protocol is the same. If a Techtom, the Z made CONZULT, a genuine Nissan CONSULT, or any other unit will work, they'll all work. Every single unit that communicates with the Nissan ECU does it in the same manner.

270R
03-30-2009, 05:42 PM
cool thanks... nice and straight to the point.... "why ask" Simply cuz i need to know.... lol

HYPNOTIK
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Yes, I have Nissan Data Scan and ECU Talk and they both work perfect.