PDA

View Full Version : KA Issues

NismoS13Chuki
03-27-2009, 06:21 PM
I have a buddy who bored out his ka to a 2.6 and installed bc stage 2 cams. bc states these cams are plug and play. so he installed the cams and set the timing. supposedly he ends up bending a valve. he then sets the cams to sit like stock cams and he said everything went well from there. started up the car and it has a really rough idle. we need some help

ericcastro
03-27-2009, 06:43 PM
idle that is rougher than a cammed car thats been bored to 2.6, lol

is it rough when on throttle?

could be one of your cams positions.
cars with cams idle rough though.

would a compression check help in any way to diagnose if the intake or exhaust cam is off. (not real sure if that would work, anyone????)

NismoS13Chuki
03-27-2009, 06:57 PM
its a violent idle though. and car revs up to just past 3k as soon as you start the car

greddyguy
03-27-2009, 07:11 PM
are the rpms jumping around at idle? cammed cars will sound like its jumping around but in reality it isnt. is it shaking the car around when its idling? high idle sounds like a vac leak or timing is off

NismoS13Chuki
03-27-2009, 07:22 PM
yea its shaking the whole car. i tried the ignition timing and it doesnt help at all. also when you turn the iacv screw you hear it suck more air through the intake but the idle doesnt come or go down. do u guys think maybe cam timing? also i did a power balance test and everytime i pulled a plug there seemed to be no difference at all. so maybe weak spark?

ericcastro
03-27-2009, 10:11 PM
hmm, its beyond my technical knowledge.
sorry man.

But hopefully some of the guys on here that really build these cars will pop in over the weekend and give you some insight.

i would just be carefull with it since you could maybe damage some valves and stuff if its off too much.

whyrun?
03-27-2009, 10:15 PM
crazy question but did you replace the bent valves?

NismoS13Chuki
03-28-2009, 07:57 PM
yea we replaced the valve with a brand new one.

Killa_D
03-28-2009, 08:05 PM
you might have to degree the cam to get it in the right place and go from there. The bc stage 2 are not drop in like stated on the website so yeah just search it on the forum and you'll see, your not the only one having this problem.

Z U L8R
03-28-2009, 11:02 PM
sounds like you have a big vacuum leak after the throttle body. somewhere on the intake manifold something's not plugged up

my .02

Dave

s13 @ fullboost
03-28-2009, 11:44 PM
I would have to agree about setting it back a degree alot of times you need to retard the timing on the higher stage cams

NismoS13Chuki
03-31-2009, 03:14 PM
we figured the situation out. we used jwt's page to help us out. after a new injector and maf the car runs well. we just need to adjust the throttle a bit and work out the ignition timing and the car will be set. however we did test drive today and this car moves. very smooth power and just wants to pull the whole way. we also did a compression test 200-210 in each cylinder!!!!. my stock ka gave 190 across all four cylinders. anyways i appreciate the help guys. thank u for the help