PDA

View Full Version : Got New Injectors and now Car won't start!!

Absolutist24
03-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Okay, I have a 1992 Stock 240sx with a Ka24de.

A couple of injectors were kinda sloppy so I bought 4 New Rebuilt injectors..

The car with the old injectors ran and starts up okay and sometimes would slop.

So I took out the old injectors and pop the new ones in.

The car keeps getting flooded with fuel. I have fuel and spark as usual, but won't crank over.

Only when I take out the Fuel pump Fuse, the car starts.

I guess the residue of the fuel flooded starts it up, but if I put the Fuel pump fuse back on, it seems to keep flooding it.

What should I do?

ILoveJDM
03-25-2009, 10:35 PM
you tore the orings by taking them out and putting them in.

duffman1278
03-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Either that or you didn't lube the o rings before installation, or you installed the injectors wrong.

SoguRacing
03-25-2009, 11:29 PM
are the rebuilt injectors "stock" injectors or upgraded?

Absolutist24
03-25-2009, 11:53 PM
stock i belive

Absolutist24
03-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Well, we lube the small and large o-rings with Vaseline. It's Stock OEM replacement rebuilt injectors.

All 4 injectors popped in without a problem.

NOW, we get oil and fuel leaking. I think it is leaking from the exhaust elbow near or around the O2 sensor. I guess what ever is in the Combustion chamber (Excess Fuel and Oil) is passing through the Exhaust.

I am assuming that piston rings going out. We get grey and white smoke when It does start. It's definitely not the spark plugs, because I pulled out the spark plugs and Swapped them to my Friends Coupe, and it's perfectly fine.

1. GOod spark for sure.
2. We give it air by opening the Thottle.

3. I think it's compression and that injectors are spraying too much fuel

4. There is oil comming from somwhere, which we saw on Plug 3 and 4.

discosteak
03-26-2009, 12:16 AM
its probably just fuel mixed with carbon.

Absolutist24
03-26-2009, 01:18 AM
its probably just fuel mixed with carbon.

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

As I look through the spark plug hole, I can see thin liquid (fuel) and black carbon on the pistons.

We try burning off the Fuel buy taking out the Fuel Pump Fuse. And even vaccumed out the excess fuel using a Shop Vac with a thin tubing.
The car would start and burns the fuel that is on the pistons. However, when I put back the Fuel Pump Fuse, It wouldn't start and I think it floods the cylinders.
I don't know if the Parts guy messed up by giving me different car's injectors.

I mean, I am sure I ordered 1992 KA24de injectors. FWD KA24de off an altima should also work if they made a mistake.

WTF???
WITH THE OLD INJECTORS IT RAN okay and sometimes had low Idle, but nothing like this happened.
All we did was Popped off the old injectors and pop the new ones in. It's flooding the cyclinders and I can't figure out why.

The New rebuilt injectors are Phytons. And they all ohm tested at 11 ohms which is perfect. I know it's working because it's flooding the cylinders.
Spark plugs are good cuzz I tested on my other 240sx, Spark wire has spark and we tested the spark.

So, I guess it's air and compression..~? But this makes no sense as wel, because with the old injectors the car ran decent and starts up decent too.

So weird.