PDA

View Full Version : Will SR Zenki ECU work in Kouki?

dongoesby
03-25-2009, 03:09 AM
Didn't get much help from previous post, I hope to get this clear and straight. I have a s14 sr motor installed into a usdm zenki, and now I want this motor swapped to a usdm kouki.

I wonder if the upper engine harness with ecu attached can be plug-and-play on the kouki. The only wiring modifications I know are mostly on the upper engine harness. While those are alredy been done, are the rest the wirings the same? Am I risking myself to fire the ecu if i do so?

hope to get some help this time. Thanks.

HYPNOTIK
03-25-2009, 05:36 AM
I think you just need to repin the harness.

opponheimer
03-25-2009, 05:52 AM
yeah you need to repin.. I can do that for $50, you pay shipping both ways

Sleepy240
03-25-2009, 06:50 AM
yeah you need to repin.. I can do that for $50, you pay shipping both ways

Or he could do it himself for free... honestly its not that hard to repin it

opponheimer
03-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Or he could do it himself for free... honestly its not that hard to repin it

He obvioiusly is not capable of doing that unless somone spoonfeeds him what he needs to know. I suppose that is what he is hoping somone may do. If he could do it himself he wouldn't have started this thread now would he?

dongoesby
03-25-2009, 11:07 AM
hahah since my first post, people were trying to make a business out of me. Well, I have jdm fsm and a lot of pinout maps. It is necessary I will do it myself. But the point of this thread is trying to ask for help and confirmation if this works.

opponheimer
03-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Use the fsms, it will work, good luck! I get paid $100/hr - if i'm gunna spend an hour doing any research that doesn't benefit me in any way, i want some kind of compensation... time is money.

NeedCAforS13
03-25-2009, 12:13 PM
You need to quit shitting in everyone's thread about your wiring services. If you're that hard up for cash that you can't help out someone without payment (isn't that what online forums are for?), then fucking PM him about it.

This is like the 3rd thread I've seen lately that you're soliciting work from.

Please keep solicitations for work and mindless bickering to PM's. Not cluttering up some guys thread.

djcobra
03-25-2009, 12:19 PM
We're here to help not to make money of people on this forum, so please be nice...

Steve.

opponheimer
03-25-2009, 12:21 PM
You need to quit shitting in everyone's thread about your wiring services. If you're that hard up for cash that you can't help out someone without payment (isn't that what online forums are for?), then fucking PM him about it.

This is like the 3rd thread I've seen lately that you're soliciting work from.

Somone is getting a little anal :cry:

I am simply offering them a cheap alternative because nobody else is going to offer them a solution. This kid had to post a second time to get anywhere. If somebody's best answer is "go to wiring specialties" or no post at all then I don't see how me "soliciting my services" does any harm.

If you want to spoonfeed him then go the fuck ahead whiney man. Yeah maybe if he wanted to know how to wire up a few sensors I wouldn't mind helping. But everything he needs is already on the internet, it will be a learning experience. If hes too lazy than he can pay. So STFU

Because the wiring is simple and easy then I will give it to him

The only thing he has to do is change two wires on the f3 plug of the harness thats it. One wire is for AC switch the other is just a ground.

On the F3 Plug on your already converted engine harness (the large white plug that goes under the dash on your s14)

Move Cut wire going to Pin 16 (Color: Yellow/Black) on your f3 plug and splice it to the wire going to pin 46 (Color: Orange/blue) (if there isn't one then take extract wire and pin from either port 35, 36, 39 (all empties) and splice that to the wire on pin 16 then mount the pin in hole 46.

Next steal a pin/wire from either pins 9, 13, or 14, or use the large pin that you got from the Yellow/black (pin 16) wire and plant that into the empty socket on pin #2. Run that wire to ground on the chassis.

Here is a pdf showing your F3 plug and where all pins go on the 97 S14: http://www.rbforums.org/pdfs/1997f3pinout.pdf

NeedCAforS13
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
He's not asking to be spoonfed. Maybe pointed in the right direction? His question isn't a basic one, nor is it one that I've seen asked a bunch of times. If YOU know where he can look to find the answers, maybe you can help him out?

That being said; OP, sorry I don't know what needs to be repinned, so I'll quit posting :)

opponheimer
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
He's not asking to be spoonfed. Maybe pointed in the right direction? His question isn't a basic one, nor is it one that I've seen asked a bunch of times. If YOU know where he can look to find the answers, maybe you can help him out?

That being said; OP, sorry I don't know what needs to be repinned, so I'll quit posting :)

Look up :werd:

NeedCAforS13
03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
If there was still a rep system, I would posi rep :) Haha.

dongoesby
03-25-2009, 02:41 PM
thanks for playing nice :D

I will try to work with what info i have gathered and ask for help later if i run into further problems. thanks again.

opponheimer
03-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah that wire on pin 16 is the ac switch... You may not even need to wire it in, but do that anyways. I was surprised myself how similar they were.. Thats all you ahve to do is rewire the F3 plug..

NeedCAforS13
03-25-2009, 03:06 PM
I found this. Might be helpful....

http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/WIRING%2097+%20240SX%20TO%2096%20ECU%20WIRE%20MOD. PDF

opponheimer
03-26-2009, 06:42 AM
I found this. Might be helpful....

http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/WIRING%2097+%20240SX%20TO%2096%20ECU%20WIRE%20MOD. PDF

Hes running the exact same ecu so the eccs plug doesn't need to change a bit... The only thing that is changing is the chassis harness that he is plugging into. Honestly, he could probably plug the sucker in and it will work fine for him. He just needs to ground pin 2 on the F3 plug and run wire 16 to 46