PDA

View Full Version : Replace Subframe Bushings or Spacers?

dued
03-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi, I recently ordered solid aluminum subframe bushings, but they're on backorder so I haven't been charged. I was wondering If I should cancel the order and get subframe spacers instead. The reason I want full replacement of the bushings is so I'll never have to replace again, with subframe spacers will I eventually have to take those out and replace the bushings at some point?

Bigsyke
03-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Dont get spacers, get the poly/solid bushings.

gijoe69
03-22-2009, 12:48 PM
spacers last only for a good while then u will feel it so get the pineapple poly's!

racepar1
03-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Maybe YEARS down the line you will have to replace the bushings anyways, but it is nowhere near an immediate concern. The collars make a huge difference too, I've been running some kazama ones for years. While it would be nice to get the solid bushings, they are not really necessary. Just make sure that if you get spacers you get some aluminum ones, not some cheap ass plastic ones.

TravisSW
03-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Hmm, what if stock bushings are like shot to hell? I have that clunking noise in the back. Spacers or just replace dem biches? :P

racepar1
03-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Hmm, what if stock bushings are like shot to hell? I have that clunking noise in the back. Spacers or just replace dem biches? :P

If your bushings are totally shot to all hell then you may need to get the full bushings. Find a set of collars in the f/s section or post a wtb and try them. They go for like $30 used so what do you have to lose? If they don't work sell them and get your money back then buy bushings.

garagelu
03-22-2009, 01:37 PM
yea, I am extremely happy with my spacers. I had a subframe clunk problem last year and thought I would have to replace the whole bushing. Turns out the rubber still looks awesome on the bushings. Not sure what was causing the clunk. In the end I bought some spl parts spacers and now my car rides like a new car almost.

dued
03-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah my stock bushings are so worn out that it has become a necessity to replace and based on these replies it seems as though I will need to replace the complete bushing.

Marcus
03-22-2009, 05:57 PM
you could go to psm and order some subframe risers. they'll help correct suspension geometry. im gettin some and im excited.

240sx354
03-22-2009, 06:19 PM
you could do like me and replace them with Nismo Subframe bushings...

Ktown_drifter
03-22-2009, 07:13 PM
be baller.. get the solids

the collars are nice an work well for a DD .. but it also lowers your subframe.. inturn raising your car.. in turn you need to lower the car more to be the same height affecting the geometry even more

Bigsyke
03-22-2009, 09:47 PM
^^^the fuck? your subframe is floating. I can spin the collars by finger with the subframe torqued at 80 lbs/ft. It doesnt raise your car.

When I went to install the collars, 2 out of the 4 bushings fell out. All 4 bushings were torn, but 2 of them were siezed to the stud, after I unfroze them I could remove the rubber/bearing. They are absolutely no substitue for bushings. Go for solid bushings IMO.

TravisSW
03-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Another quick question, if anybody has any shots. Can I get a pic of your rear subframe. My mechanic and I noticed that the rear subframe bushings don't look right. Like it isn't the stock assembly/parts holding them up. O.o

The Stig
03-23-2009, 12:54 AM
SUBFRAME BUSHING INSTALLATION TUTORIAL (WITH PICS)!: Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/97924)

very first picture

JRas
03-24-2009, 10:58 AM
what is the use of the car?