PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start...

lolatclint
03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
nothing electrical comes on when i turn the key like my radio, wipers, windows, ect. I recharged the battery at autozone and they said its good. It made one click once and then after that it doesn't do anything at all. could it be the alternator? fuses? cause if it clicks that means the starters still good right?

any suggestions or possibilities would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou :love:

lolatclint
03-20-2009, 07:38 PM
cool......

nismoskyz
03-20-2009, 07:48 PM
I think this has been covered before...

check your alternator fuse, lucky you I already had this pic lying around.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7125/img2481medium2tc2.jpg

please note that that cap is on the wrong way in the pic. Relative to the pic, your alt fuse would be located on the upper right corner, not the lower left.

lolatclint
03-20-2009, 09:06 PM
i've checked the alternator fuse and its still good. :(

jesse5150
03-20-2009, 11:17 PM
one possibilty happened to me, my connection was broken from on my positive terminal, you may want to take it off and check it..... just my .02
good luck

MrChow
03-20-2009, 11:28 PM
How about your grounds??

bl3ujay07
03-21-2009, 12:31 AM
To op, it happened to me some times, check your terminals. Make sure your negative is securely connected to the negative terminal on the battery.

What would usually happen was i would turn my key and everything would just die, and after taking out the keys for a bit, dash would come back on. Try again, and it same thing.

Tightened both negative and possitive toensure connected properly and securely and hasnt happened agaiin yet.

cotbu
03-21-2009, 02:41 AM
what happens when you turn the key to the accessories or on position?
If those work.... and then you get a click when you try to start the car, post back. If you get nothing from either position could be the ign switch. Is the car equipped with an alarm?

lolatclint
03-21-2009, 08:39 AM
ok.. just woke up and tried it. when i put it on accessories and on i heard the fuel up turning on and some lights turned on in the dash. then i tried to start it, just died and had one click. after that i get completely nothing, no clicks, nothing. im guessing that the batterys being charged a little? cause if i go back in like 30 minutes it'll probably do one click then nothing again.

MrChow
03-21-2009, 09:44 AM
ok.. just woke up and tried it. when i put it on accessories and on i heard the fuel up turning on and some lights turned on in the dash. then i tried to start it, just died and had one click. after that i get completely nothing, no clicks, nothing. im guessing that the batterys being charged a little? cause if i go back in like 30 minutes it'll probably do one click then nothing again.
So did you check anything before hand?

To op, it happened to me some times, check your terminals. Make sure your negative is securely connected to the negative terminal on the battery.

What would usually happen was i would turn my key and everything would just die, and after taking out the keys for a bit, dash would come back on. Try again, and it same thing.

Tightened both negative and possitive toensure connected properly and securely and hasnt happened agaiin yet.
Do what he said. ^^
It soundsl like a really simple problem. Also you may need to jump it since you tryed starting your car. But check your battery leads and stuff before you post something else.

lightsource
03-21-2009, 10:56 AM
It's a ground man. The EXACT same thing happened to me while at the drag track right before a race. I had to start it the car by rolling it and starting in reverse.

It's a ground, mine turned out to be the ground on the passenger side strut tower. It was just loose, tightened it with a 10mm, fixed everything.

lolatclint
03-21-2009, 02:04 PM
fixed! yeah i replaced the terminals with new ones and cleaned everything with a wire brush. thank you guys for all the help! <3333

nismoskyz
03-21-2009, 02:42 PM
haha nice man, glad to see you got it working. I've been through some weird problems as well, only to find that my terminals were bad/loose, etc...

at least you're good now.

lolatclint
03-21-2009, 02:51 PM
yeah.. its sometimes frustrating cause it could be so many things ^_^