PDA

View Full Version : S14 Rear STB

240sx2Nur
03-12-2003, 01:13 PM
I used the search function but I have only found Rear STB's for the s14 that go over the deck lid. The car came with aftermarket speakers that are quite high up, so I need a Rear STB that will mount under the speaker deck lid. I want to avoid cutting into the strut wells. Are there any companies that manufacture a lower rstb?

four
03-12-2003, 01:41 PM
to be quite honest, i dont think they'll do anything. i mean, the wheels are already spinning from there. the front helps tho, i dont see how the rear would. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Steeles
03-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 240sx2Nur
I used the search function but I have only found Rear STB's for the s14 that go over the deck lid. The car came with aftermarket speakers that are quite high up, so I need a Rear STB that will mount under the speaker deck lid. I want to avoid cutting into the strut wells. Are there any companies that manufacture a lower rstb?

cusco's rear os STB goes underneath the decklid. and ALL STBs help reduce body roll and stiffen the chassis which is a good thing so yeah they have some benefit

240sx2Nur
03-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Will the ones that mount under the lid cause problems with the speaker magnet?

240sx2Nur
03-13-2003, 06:19 AM
Please help guys and girls.

Phlip
03-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by 240sx2Nur
Will the ones that mount under the lid cause problems with the speaker magnet?
The cusco is aluminum, a non-ferrous metal, so the answer is no.

Brian
03-13-2003, 01:09 PM
i have cusco OS. no problems at all.

Foxcolt
03-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Would that be a safe place to mount a harness from?

240sx2Nur
03-13-2003, 04:28 PM
Damn gettin down with the chemistry. Thanks a lot. I have a little bit of clearance from the speaker to the glass, so I can possibly mount a bar that goes over the decklid. I'd appreciate it if someone measured the clearance of their bar from the glass, it would help a lot. Do you have to drill anything to fit the cusco bar that goes under the decklid?

240fluke
03-13-2003, 05:32 PM
No drilling or modifications are required for any of the rear STB that go under the decklid (i.e. in the trunk area). Actually, there is a small opening allowing access up into the strut tower areas (almost as if Nissan had designed it for the aftermarket to make it more accessible).

On bars that go over the decklid (i.e. above speakers or inside the cabin), some modification to the decklid is required. Really just depends on what bar you go with and what you prefer to do? Do you really need that little extra area in the trunk? Or do you prefer to modify the decklid and show off to everyone from outside the car that you have a STB?

Tim '95 SE

Steeles
03-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Foxcolt
Would that be a safe place to mount a harness from?

I really doubt it. I mean its on there but I doubt its strong enough for that.... i'd rather blolt the harness to the rear seatbelt points personally. I've seen a couple people do that and I think I'd trust that a little more than the STB

yes there is plenty of clearence for the speaker with the lower bar.. ant the upper bar too. R240NA runs both the only cutting is the decklid cover for the upper bar

240sx2Nur
03-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks a lot. I never use my trunk, so its not a big deal. Does anyone know if the rear Apexi bar is above or below the decklid?

Phlip
03-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Steeles
I really doubt it. I mean its on there but I doubt its strong enough for that.... i'd rather blolt the harness to the rear seatbelt points personally. I've seen a couple people do that and I think I'd trust that a little more than the STB

yes there is plenty of clearence for the speaker with the lower bar.. ant the upper bar too. R240NA runs both the only cutting is the decklid cover for the upper bar
Uhh... Brandon... Russ doesn't have rear spakers, I looked and made note of that.
To everyone else: don't let that change your plans, Russ is anal about weight and your speakers will, in fact, fit.

Steeles
03-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by PHLIP
Uhh... Brandon... Russ doesn't have rear spakers, I looked and made note of that.
To everyone else: don't let that change your plans, Russ is anal about weight and your speakers will, in fact, fit.

uhhh when did I mention that he DID have rear speakers? I can look in MY trunk and tell you theres plenty of room beneath my Kappas for MY OS rear STB

Phlip
03-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Fair enough...

Steeles
03-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by PHLIP
Fair enough...

:)

Da808aZnRaVr
03-14-2003, 02:26 AM
yeah i got the nismo rear strut bar and it goes over the rear speaker panel. the only modification that u need to do to make it fit is cut two slits on each side of the rear speaker panel so that the braces for the strut tower bar stick up through it to attach the bar itself. if u do a search i think grant posted up some good pics of what the bar looks like above the rear speaker panel