PDA

View Full Version : S14 5 speed swap, now i have CPS code

brian3676
03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
So i just did a 5 peed swap into my 1997 240sx, Its all S14 parts, but the tranny is from a S13 and we drilled the hole out for the crank position sensor. it was measured out perfectly so i am 100% sure its in the correct place, Now i know its not needed and is for diag only, however i have a 97 so i cant have a CEL and pass DEQ (smog whatever your state calls it) I never had this code before the swap, and i already tried replacing the sensor with a brand new one from Nissan. So its not the sensor its self, I am still running the auto ECU and lower harness its just modified for the 5 speed tranny. So has anyone had this problem before? Do i need a manual ECU or lower harness and it will fix it? i thought maybe the CPS signal went through the auto control comp under the pedals and now that its gone it cant read it? i don't know any help is awesome because I'm out of ideas, thanks Brian

UPDATED INFO- so i looked at the FSM and the pin out for the auto controll computer, hear is the link if anyone else wants to look too its on page 7 through 15 i could not find it on this diagram--
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/1997/at.pdf

however then i look at the CPS diagram on page 166 of this diagram http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/1997/ec.pdf and its there, so how did u guys fix this, even if i did get a manual ECU its still going to want to run through a comp thats not there right?

brian3676
03-12-2009, 10:51 AM
well i found my answer i guess, so for future reference of anyone surching this topic you MUST use a manual ECU and the CPS code will go away i just found it weird that no one has ever brought this up that i could find everyone just always talks about the auto controll modual code that it will throw

miggsfiggs
09-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I too want to convert auto into manual. I have 95 s14 and bought a s13 tranny, but when it came time to drill the hole ,i just couldnt do it.now i'm looking for an s14 tranny,and not even sure if i even need it,but to be on the safe side I'll just have to sell my s13 tranny.plz help