PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating about SR stroker kits! Sr22 Build

Slideways^Jordan
03-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm getting a stroker kit soon to complete my S13 SR engine build and im leaning more towards the BC stroker kit, well the engine will be used drifting so yeah. Please tell me everything about whats needed. Has anyone heard good reviews about the BC 2.35L Stoker kit, if anyone has who uses that kit anyone know of professional drift teams using these kits.

Turbo ill be using Gt3076R and HKS 264 step1 cams

Does anyone on Zilvia run a Stroked SR???

Any other opinions on Tomei stroker kit and HKS stroker kits.

Please discuss...

Thanks

Jordan

jskateborders
03-04-2009, 03:20 PM
I had to read the first paragraph 3 times to get your meaning. Today is apparently national grammar day, and therefore, you fail.

Slideways^Jordan
03-04-2009, 03:30 PM
sorry about that lol

Geno750
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
If your going for 2.2L, I would sleeve the block and go with 90mm CP's and the mazworx head gasket.

usdm180sx
03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
In the hyper rev magazines in Japan they usually go 2.2 if they go top mount turbo to add more low end torque to complement high end boost.

Slideways^Jordan
03-05-2009, 03:21 AM
Thanks guys I do appreciate it alot!

If your going for 2.2L, I would sleeve the block and go with 90mm CP's and the mazworx head gasket.

Mazworx is exactly what i had in mind, And sleeving too cause that's a must.

Geno750
03-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys I do appreciate it alot!

Mazworx is exactly what i had in mind, And sleeving too cause that's a must.

If you had Mazworx in mind, call and ask for Mark, he will explain the awesomeness of their 90mm package. If I could do it all over again, I probably would have gone 90mm sleeved instead of 87mm, but at the time, the headgasket wasn't finalized.

krazycaron
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
my friend runs the BC 2.2 and its awsome.....he ddnt do sleaved which he wishes he would have but it is running fine and thats all the car is built for is drifting.... it only does track events no streets...... but honestly its what you feel comfortable with....what company do you like better......

godsmack
03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Any time you go bigger on the sr's make sure to sleave it. Once i get back from here i'm getting the bc 2.2 kit with 90mm pistons and a sleave job done. Along with a top mount turbo that i'm unsure on yet. I've heard nothing but good things on the bc setup.

MannylovesLian
03-13-2009, 03:13 PM
BC is the cheapest of course. they all so the same thing, longer stroke and bigger 90mm pistons. Your just buying the name, HKS, Tomei, ect... But when you stroke any motor its almost mandatory that you sleeve it.

I heard BC is good for the buck by many of my friends and it gets the job done. Just remember to sleeve it.

ripnbst
03-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Go with BC, its the cheapest and it has been proven to work well.

S14DB
03-13-2009, 04:17 PM
SR is sleeved from the factory. They are a few mm thick. When you punch it out to 90mm you have to use larger sleeves. So, you are in fact re-sleeving it.

Not to be anal. I just don't want people doing stockish bores thinking they have to re-sleeve the motor cause the stock sleeves are very nice.

jr_ss
03-13-2009, 05:57 PM
If you had Mazworx in mind, call and ask for Mark, he will explain the awesomeness of their 90mm package. If I could do it all over again, I probably would have gone 90mm sleeved instead of 87mm, but at the time, the headgasket wasn't finalized.

Mark is the owner of Mazworx. I've met him in person, been to his shop, he is a stand up guy, with alot of knowledge and experience. They do amazing work there and are very friendly. When I decide to build my head, he's getting a call from me...

BTW, Mazworx gets the .2l of extra displacement from the 90mm bore. They DO NOT stroke the motor...

Slideways^Jordan
03-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks guys i have figured what i will do now. Mazworx is the only way to go in my book :).

blownmotor
03-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Or buy a complete Tomei Genesis crate engine....

RacerX1
03-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Jordan if you went on NICO once in a while you'd see that Idahotuner is doing something similar! lol check out the SR section, youll see his rebuild