PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Connector...

BoxMan
03-03-2009, 05:51 PM
This thing fell off the right side of my intake manifold (sohc) and my car died. Is this the reason? or is it just a coincidence that it fell off and my car ceased?

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu283/BoxS13/Photo-0667.jpg
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu283/BoxS13/Photo-0668.jpg
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu283/BoxS13/Photo-0669.jpg
-Will my car start without this plugged in??
-And, are my shoes too cool or wha?:o
s13 89 hatch btw.

DDDsquad_s13panda
03-03-2009, 08:20 PM
thats your MAF sensor plug. withouth that, your car wont be able to read air intake and not going to run right. it will start but soon as you step on the gas, it be stupid shit going on.

racepar1
03-03-2009, 08:27 PM
thats your MAF sensor plug. withouth that, your car wont be able to read air intake and not going to run right. it will start but soon as you step on the gas, it be stupid shit going on.

That is NOT the MAF sensor plug. The MAF sensor plug is a 4-pin plug, but only 3 of the pins are used. The MAF plug is also black not grey.

:squint:

Now for the OP. Take a pic of WHERE that plug fell off the mani. There are quite a few plugs that look almost exactly like that all over the engine. It could be the problem, but without locating where it came from I cannot tell you for sure. How did the wires get cut though? That doesn't make any sense. You may likely have another problem.

DDDsquad_s13panda
03-03-2009, 08:35 PM
my badddd x[.

i didnt really pay attention on the inserts, jst the shape of it=/..

looks like someone bootleg the wiring and they failed.

toointoxicated62
03-03-2009, 08:41 PM
my guess its for the IACV.

BoxMan
03-03-2009, 10:39 PM
ill take a pic of the intake manifold tomorrow but theres only one plug that goes into it. The part in the picture is from a junkyard but its the same piece, i did this just to show you guys.

xsparc
03-04-2009, 08:44 AM
IACV, FICD, EGR, SCV.... they are all about the same, just look for what doesnt have a plug.

BoxMan
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
That is NOT the MAF sensor plug. The MAF sensor plug is a 4-pin plug, but only 3 of the pins are used. The MAF plug is also black not grey.

:squint:

Now for the OP. Take a pic of WHERE that plug fell off the mani. There are quite a few plugs that look almost exactly like that all over the engine. It could be the problem, but without locating where it came from I cannot tell you for sure. How did the wires get cut though? That doesn't make any sense. You may likely have another problem.
Here's that pic.
The plug goes into the mani from the right side (driver side) right under the two throttle cables. Anyone got any idea what that thing is? Or if my plug is faulty, is this making my car not start??
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu283/BoxS13/single_cam_by_falltochaos_Edited.jpg
thnx in advance

xsparc
03-04-2009, 05:56 PM
no start... as in wont crank... or has fuel but no spark... or has spark but no fuel... or has fuel and spark but spark at the wrong time????

there are about 4 or 5 things where you pointed in your picture, they all have the same style connect. look at it

BoxMan
03-04-2009, 06:33 PM
no start... as in wont crank... or has fuel but no spark... or has spark but no fuel... or has fuel and spark but spark at the wrong time????

there are about 4 or 5 things where you pointed in your picture, they all have the same style connect. look at it
I cranks... dunno if its no spark or no fuel. How would i go about troubleshooting that? And there is only one port there that my connector plugs into. It's RIGHT underneath the throttle cables themselves. It's not too far under where other plugs are, just right up top. If the cables weren't there you could see it plane as day.

projectRDM
03-05-2009, 04:24 AM
Still doesn't help. What does the part look like? That plug is the same type of connector for several sensors on the intake manifold, you can't just show a picture of the manifold and expect us to know which one it is.