PDA

View Full Version : I threw a shim!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BobbyG
02-27-2009, 08:32 PM
someone told me a have to get a shim machined on, and another said i can just put it back on if i find it, if i have to get new one, where to order or buy from. help plsss!

Typicalsr240
02-27-2009, 11:06 PM
If your talking about the shims in the block frsports has them

Sileighty_85
02-28-2009, 08:15 AM
well first you need to get that shim out of your head
FOD floating around in you engine = No bueno

if you find it and its not broken in half you can just throw it back in.

BobbyG
03-01-2009, 03:01 AM
alright i checked the shims and they were all still there and is still clicking

jr_ss
03-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Bleed your lifters... You need to pull each one out, put it in a small container of oil and press on the ball valve on the inside of the lifter with a small rod, I used a small allen wrench. Make sure you get all the bubbles out before re-installing them.

BobbyG
03-01-2009, 10:44 PM
ok thx, i had gotten the car checked by someone else and came to a conclusion that i have a exhaust leak right at my manifold which lead to bending a valve, so that makes sense to me now, what do you guys think

rex2sx
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
that or a bad gasket or warped flanged.

BobbyG
03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
k i found out that if i were to have a bent valve my car would run bad and smoke and everything, k my car runs fine, i heard from a guy who says he had the same sound, he said he bleed the lifters and the sound went away

jskateborders
03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
someone told me a have to get a shim machined on, and another said i can just put it back on if i find it, if i have to get new one, where to order or buy from. help plsss!

alright i checked the shims and they were all still there and is still clicking

ok thx, i had gotten the car checked by someone else and came to a conclusion that i have a exhaust leak right at my manifold which lead to bending a valve, so that makes sense to me now, what do you guys think

k i found out that if i were to have a bent valve my car would run bad and smoke and everything, k my car runs fine, i heard from a guy who says he had the same sound, he said he bleed the lifters and the sound went away
Dude, seriously. Bleed the lifters. Stop asking stupid questions. You have been given an answer. Search.

BobbyG
03-03-2009, 10:51 PM
what the hell, who the hell asked you for input, if you dont have nothing to help me y the hell you trippin foo

smelly240
03-04-2009, 08:16 AM
I think you were told to bleed the lifter three days ago - and you're still fagging around on hte internet - go fix ur car.

and you sound like a punk kid... thats "trippin foo"