PDA

View Full Version : fpr

Riken
02-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Just curious as to what kind of setups some of you ca guys are useing for fpr's and what kind of psi you are running.

Teambadrun
02-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't think you would bother upgrading the SR20DET fuel regulator unless you are running high-boost & high power . so you can get a consistent fuel flow ( even thou the standard one is probably enough consistent)

you can get Nismo FPR or Tomei FPR

Easy bolt in upgrades :bigok:

SRpetey
02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't think you would bother upgrading the SR20DET fuel regulator unless you are running high-boost & high power . so you can get a consistent fuel flow ( even thou the standard one is probably enough consistent)

you can get Nismo FPR or Tomei FPR

Easy bolt in upgrades :bigok:

I think he has a CA

4x4le
02-24-2009, 01:14 PM
the point of the adjustible fpr IN MOST CASES is not to alter your fuel pressure from stock, but rather after you change your injectors and fuel pump the factory one will not be at factory set pressure anymore (3.0 bar) so what you do is unhook the vaccume line and set it to 3 bar while its running. Then hook the vaccume line back up, the pressure will drop and you can be on your marry way.

Now some people do use them to run 3.5 and 4 bar setups but that is not for someone that just asked your question. Sorry.

shmiddy
02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
i got a sard fpr. but i also have 550cc in and upgraded turbo set up. i kinda need it.

4x4le
02-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Oh, ok. Well then your best bet is to set it at 3.0 bar. Is your ecu tuned for them injectors though? Your not really going to be doing any good if your needing to lower your fuel pressure in order to get them to run right on a stock tune. Your actually going to be doing your engine worse than it was on stock injectors.

What do you have done as far as tuning?

redsx13
02-24-2009, 08:26 PM
I have a redtop sr w/nismo type A FPR, nice clean bolt-on fitment. i also have 440 injectors, although i am running stock fuel pressure at the moment(around 40psi at idle/ 43.5 with vacuum hose disconnected).

usually you would run an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if your trying to squeeze a little extra power out of your stock/smaller injectors.

when i upgrade my turbo again (currently running t28) i will turn up my fuel pressure to compensate; however, this will have an adverse effect on the injectors, and will shorten their life (running pfc d-jet)

Do me a favor, and if you do decide to upgrade your fpr buy something brand name, don't do it for the looks, and DO NOT buy from ebay (unless its a name brand)

Riken
02-28-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm looking into one because i've read that the stock fpr on a ca18 doesn't hold the pressure of a 255 fuel pump. So was looking to get one to go back to stock levels. Mine seems to be seeping where my stock fpr meets the fuel rail

S14DB
02-28-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm looking into one because i've read that the stock fpr on a ca18 doesn't hold the pressure of a 255 fuel pump. So was looking to get one to go back to stock levels. Mine seems to be seeping where my stock fpr meets the fuel rail

This is the only reason to run an FPR on the KA/SR/CA/RB... IMHO. ECU should be used for the fuel enrichment.

The Nismo FRP bolts right onto the fuel rail in place of the stock CA FPR and is the easiest one to install. Others you have to get a FPR adapter and then run a line to the FPR.