PDA

View Full Version : Woah?! I'm back! - need help w/ s15 conv.

Sil80girlie
03-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Ok, so, life has been busy....I FINALLY got the correct fenders for my s13 - s15 FEC. I have been waiting and waiting for my bf to help me put this stuff on ( I decided that would be the smart thing to do since this is my first time and I'd rather be sure it's done right). Well, I'm tired of waiting, so I'm gonna attempt to do this on my own. I skimmed through the related posts, but I couldn't find any detailed info on how to do the entire swap. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go in a certain order (fenders, headlights, or bumper first?) and I'm a little unsure about mounting the headlights...I also have the (bracket?). I'd really like to have something to refer to if I have any questions...preferably something with lots of pictures! Also -sorry if this has been asked a million times- but I've got a '92 with pop-up headlights...I haven't really inspected the existing headlights or the s15s...what do I need to do about the wiring? I saw one diagram, but if there's any other help out there, I'd really appreciate it! Alrighty, that's all for now!

Thanks!
Steph

Bbandit
03-06-2003, 02:24 PM
i remembered someone having an s15 front on his s13 coupe..
from what i know so far.. the width of the s15 front is a little bit wider than the s13 body..
as for installment procedure.. might want to go with the fenders first so you'll know where to put the new brackets in..

saw your website
awesome car!! i love it!!!
and your boyfriend is the luckiest guy in the world :D

btw: you live in texas?? (texas license plate)

ruf
03-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Dump your lazy/busy bf and move to Houston. I'll wire it up over dinner for you. :p

Hehe, just kidding. Your bf's a pretty cool guy and knowledgeable to boot. I'll start poking around for some S15 wiring diagrams, though they're probably not necessary. Should be very easy. A pic of the back of the S15 light housing would help.

Yoshi
03-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Gimme a few hours, I have the japanese article on installation translated to english by a friend of mine... I'm in the process now of retranslating it from automotively-challenged Engrish to Tuner English :)

I'll try to have it up sometime tonight.

NismoGear5
03-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Wow! your car looks amazing the way it is!!! Just needs repaint.

91CRXsiR
03-06-2003, 07:29 PM
very nice car..

wanna trade? haha

SilviaDriver
03-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Yoshi
Gimme a few hours, I have the japanese article on installation translated to english by a friend of mine... I'm in the process now of retranslating it from automotively-challenged Engrish to Tuner English :)

I'll try to have it up sometime tonight.

AWSOME!!! id love ot see it also!

damn Sil80girlie...your car is tyte. i love the wheels. what kind are they? it says Apexi..but yea.

you can always buy the s13>s15 headlight harness kit they have for the conversion. but expect to pay 118 bucks for it from takakaira.com. also i thought when doing a s15 conversion onto a s13 u need to change out the radiator support?

Sil80girlie
03-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Thanks a ton guys!!! I'd like all the help I can get! BTW....maybe this should go in the FAQ...?

mixedwell
03-07-2003, 02:39 AM
ive done 6 s15 conversions now and so far im the only one wiht it on the s13 coupe.... oops its widebody now. too bad my friend owns it nw. ahaha anyways stephy, all i can say is good luck!

things needed:

s13-> s15 fenders (GTP, MASA, ViS, mixedwell)
S15 lights
S15 bumper (any one will do, bolts on)
S15 hood (requires work!*)

* the hood needs a lil work to be done. go to www.importfan.com and check out TED's 180sx and u'll get ur ideas from there. u'll know what i mean.

u dont need the CORE SUPPORT to do the swap. the core support would be more expensive but it can be done. mean ass brackets can be fabricated real easily... go back and see ted's u'll get all the info u'll ever need fromt ehre. but if ur not comfortable with that just get the core support.

everything but the hood should bolt on correctly. lights will need wiring or just use the harness kit. kinda simple... kinda. if the fenders dont fit properly dont worry.. a body shop will know what to do unless u know how to play wiht bondo and fiberal.

i think JJ emailed me. i got him back. i only use metal fenders for my conversion becasue of the quality and life of it. plus i cant resist JDM! im also finishing my lil sisters S13.5 COnvertible w/ Signal WIdebody. the catch? its an automatic KA24DET on 18's. how sad. oh wells... straights are cool too! holla

mixedwell ;)
hope that helps!

SilviaDriver
03-07-2003, 03:01 AM
any headlight harness kit for s14>s15

Bbandit
03-07-2003, 11:51 AM
let me help you with the conversion!
we live in texas right?
LOL