PDA

View Full Version : problem with s14 lower harness

D-Koncept180
02-22-2009, 04:07 PM
alright i am having the biggest problem figuring out my lower harness. i have an s13 sr that is gong into an s14. i have the motor and everything all wired up. i know that i have to have to of the plugs from the lower harness that have to go into the fuse box? well i have one that i have connected to the fuse box. but the rest of the plugs i have left on the lower harness dont fit into the fuse box. then my other problem is the cord coming from the alternator, i cannot figure out where this plugs into. i am probably a complete dumbass for not figuring this out. but i could really use your guys help. thanks to all who help.

projectRDM
02-22-2009, 05:16 PM
You are a dumbass, but it's cool.

The VSS is red and red/yellow, if you completely unwrap the entire S14 lower harness they're separate. Plug it in.

You will have two more wires, white/red and I think yellow going to a 2pin plug, that goes the alternator. The black 8ga wire goes to ground, one side the chassis, one side to the alternator case. The two larger 6ga wires, both black/red go to the alternator charging stud, the other to the starter, the single black/yellow 12ga goes to the starter solenoid. Done.

Everything else is trash.