PDA

View Full Version : GT3076r .86 Setup - Questions.

AznDrftr.
02-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Okay, i've been searchin around about what to buy to make the motor more reliable when upgrading turbo. Just want some questions answered and thats it. Thanks for the help.

Okay now....

What all do i need to upgrade for my GT3076r. I want to push about 400whp roughly, if i can do more, lovely.

I know i need, cams, tune etc. chime in on this please.

Thanks for the input.

ross.cottrill
02-21-2009, 09:44 PM
just pm steve shadows and he will hook you up.hes makin a shit-ton of power on this turbo but with a .63 backside.should be pretty easy on that turbo probably cams and a kickass exhaust manifold and you should be set.BUT if i were you i would strongly suggest going with the .63 hot side.

AznDrftr.
02-21-2009, 09:59 PM
just pm steve shadows and he will hook you up.hes makin a shit-ton of power on this turbo but with a .63 backside.should be pretty easy on that turbo probably cams and a kickass exhaust manifold and you should be set.BUT if i were you i would strongly suggest going with the .63 hot side.

Yea, i wanted that, what all do i need to do that?

I have pretty much a nice kit. Synapse mani, Tial wg, and the turbo, lines etc.

I mean would i need to upgrade valve train?

valve springs, retainers etc???

s13dan
02-22-2009, 12:13 AM
im assuming you mean sr20?

That really depends on the condition your head is in. I have seen some high hp SR's with new, but stock valvetrain and they had no probs.

AznDrftr.
02-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Damn yea sorry, leavin info out.

yes, redtop sr20

ross.cottrill
02-22-2009, 07:19 AM
honestly it sounds like your heading in the right direction!!depending on what size cams you go with you should get some springs and retainers to follow suit.the bc stuff isnt bad for the money but if your a baller id get some supertech 106's and never worrie about that issue again oh and DONT forget to get a set of rockerstoppers.and lastly headstuds and metal headgasket(APEXi).again i really dont think you will need an intake manifold for your goals with that turbo,goodluck!

dori_sil8t
02-22-2009, 07:56 AM
best way to look at it is if ur already in there change it(springs and retainers)

AznDrftr.
02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
honestly it sounds like your heading in the right direction!!depending on what size cams you go with you should get some springs and retainers to follow suit.the bc stuff isnt bad for the money but if your a baller id get some supertech 106's and never worrie about that issue again oh and DONT forget to get a set of rockerstoppers.and lastly headstuds and metal headgasket(APEXi).again i really dont think you will need an intake manifold for your goals with that turbo,goodluck!

good deal. thanks. yea, i kinda just want to take care of everything out of the way now ya know. supertechs huh? hmm, i'll look them up. But thanks for helpin out.

best way to look at it is if ur already in there change it(springs and retainers)

yea thats what i was lookin at too.