PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof seals

Negreac
03-05-2003, 05:49 AM
I just bought a 92 FB this past weekend and I decided to clean the sunroof yesterday. When I was cleaning it I noticed the rubber on the actual glass rim is shot along the front side cause for one it looks to have never been cleaned or lubricated w/ silicone and two one of the previous owners didn't know how to put the sunroof on so the front seal was bent down inside the hinge/deflector area for god knows how many years. Is there anwhere I can buy a replacememnt for this seal? From the looks of it I may need to buy a whole new sunroof(glass section) if I cant just buy and install the seals myself. I checked out www.nissan-auto-parts-dealer.com and they dont seal that seal, and they sell almost every part. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

andrave
03-05-2003, 09:19 AM
somebody on here said they went to one of those custom sunroof and window tinting places and had new rubber made and put on there.

Natty
03-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by andrave
somebody on here said they went to one of those custom sunroof and window tinting places and had new rubber made and put on there.
I have never thougth about that. I wonder if it would leak.
Don't go to the dealer. They will tell you that you can only buy a new sunroof, which is BS.
Jeff

Negreac
03-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Well I stopped at a local sunroof place today and they called the local dealer. To make a long story short nissan does sell the seal, www.nissan-auto-parts-dealer.com just doesn't call it out on it's schematic of the sunroof. Cost me $76 total from the dealer, I was just happy to find one. After I got home I ran the Part #(73872-01M05) through www.nissan-auto-parts-dealer.com and it turns out they do sell it. Nissan's official name for the seal is glass spacer or glass protector, for some stupid reason they have multiple names for the same parts. Anyway you can get it from www.nissan-auto-parts-dealer.com for $46 + s&h

HaLo
03-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Natty
I have never thougth about that. I wonder if it would leak.
Don't go to the dealer. They will tell you that you can only buy a new sunroof, which is BS.
Jeff

Actually, I'm the one that did that last summer and it doesn't leak... the only problem is that it's not fit like the stock one... but it's a very clean job!

andrave
03-06-2003, 07:56 AM
can you post a pic of the part you got? are we talking about the piece that is sorta accordian shaped and fits to the roof of the car, or the rubber trim around the sunroof?
the rubber trim around my sunroof is shot, but I don't know if you can get a new one or not. I assume you guys are talking about the accordian style sealer thing that the glass sits on, the piece on the roof of the car.