PDA

View Full Version : S14 KA24DE sounds like a subbie need help!

boostinS14
02-17-2009, 08:51 PM
wsup guys i previously installed a new fuse box harness after driving it for a day i noticed that my car starts slowly bogging as i approched up my drive way i see my motor shaking rapidly i checked my oil it was low so i added some more. the problem still went on. as i reved it sounds like a WRX i can smell fuell from my exhaust. i dont have BHG(blown head gasket) i checked already any suggesstions? NEED YOUR HELP ASAP :rolleyes:

1)smells like gas
2)CEL is not on
3)car bogs/motor shakes

murda-c
02-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Check and see if you have spark on all four cylinders. Sounds like you've got a bad misfire.

boostinS14
02-17-2009, 09:09 PM
i havent changed spark plugs in awhile so i might check up on those any other ideas?

murda-c
02-17-2009, 09:11 PM
make sure the wiring you changed out is secure, specifically the wiring for the ignition.

but i'll bet on it being a problem with plugs/wires/distributor.

boostinS14
02-17-2009, 09:13 PM
make sure the wiring you changed out is secure, specifically the wiring for the ignition.

but i'll bet on it being a problem with plugs/wires/distributor.

sparkplug wires right? or the distributor

JRas
02-17-2009, 09:15 PM
I've heard of this before, search it.

I think it ended up being injectors?

simple google search:
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/229938-help-car-sounds-like-wrx-cammed-muscle-car.html
http://www.sr20forum.com/general-sr20/210129-car-sounds-like-wrx-lost-cylinder-what-next.html

worangejuice
02-17-2009, 09:40 PM
It's the damn Injector,
SEARCH bad injector or replace injector
Happened to me twice. On 2 s13's.
Luckily it is usually just one. Usually the 3rd one back.
I believe you disconnect the harness/plug on each one, and see which one does NOT
make a difference when removed.
Tricky part is popping it in.
I used some KY Jelly I had round the house to get mine in
OH YEAH

boostinS14
02-17-2009, 09:57 PM
so run the car remove one sparkplug wire to see which one makes it better?

nismo racer
02-18-2009, 12:03 AM
so run the car remove one sparkplug wire to see which one makes it better?

do the same for the injectors, disconnect each one while the car is on and youll find your problem.

boostinS14
02-18-2009, 01:30 PM
ok guys when the car is running it starts to bogg/motor shakes pretty weird still i took out #1,2,4 one at a time the effect was that it started bogging worse but on #3 when i pulled that one out. seemed normal. so im guessing #3 is my main problem correct me if im wrong.

Phill
02-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes # 3 is bad. Replace it and it'll be good.

boostinS14
02-18-2009, 06:46 PM
edit// i just replace the spark plugs the 4 one was rusted as a bi#$^& and the others just had corrosion smelling like gas. so if i remove the injector clip and it makes the motor worse that means its working right? and if it doesnt does that mean the injectors are bad?

boostinS14
02-19-2009, 02:42 PM
problem solved #2-3 injectors went bad but one problem i have white smoke coming out from my exhaust its not heavy white smoke like small portions i checked my oil to see if any cooliant was in there but the oil seemed normal im hoping its not a BHG cause the motor still in good condition i drove it around the block today car doesnt over heat runs perfectly fine just the issue with light white smoke. what im guessing is that gas has come into my motor. any other suggesstions?

Riken
02-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Did you replace the spark plug wires/distributor cap when you changed the plugs? Could be that even with the new plugs all of the fuel going into your combustion chamber isn't well...combusting.