PDA

View Full Version : Magnecor Wires

chickenmanq
11-05-2001, 10:03 PM
Question:  I have not gotten a hi-perf ECU, but I was thinking about trying the Magnecor wires.  I remember somebody said something regarding their usefulness earlier.  Being I've only done intake, exhaust, and put in an electric fan, and Bosch Plat +4's, do you think the Magnecor wires would be a noticeable improvement, or should I wait until I put more mods on it?

yenpit
11-06-2001, 08:46 AM
upgrading ignition wires in MOST cases does NOT increase HP (lots of companies claim otherwise!). however if ur original wires are old, the inner core breaks down over time, putting on new wires CAN show an increase in power....but only back to its original HP.
IF u r planning an ignition upgrade like MSD then buy upgraded wires now, cuz an upgr ign system CAN produce more HP and having upgr wires at that point CAN help.
Magnecor wires are one of my favorites...excellent quality, reasonable $price.
PS we wanna see pics of ur truck melting a rear tire...... BURNOUT BURNOUT BURNOUT!!!!!

chickenmanq
11-06-2001, 10:48 AM
No problem.  I just have to get one of my wussy buddies to take the picture.  I can roast 'em just fine.  The only bad thing is I think my clutch is giving up the ghost.  It's still holding, but shifting into second under power is beginning to slip a little.  It depends on if I completely dump the clutch.  The throwout bearing has been going out for a year or two, but hasn't grenaded yet.  I think since I got the garage clean, I'm going to get the clutch kit from Nissan (4wd version, since the clutch disc is a little stronger, or maybe they were referring to the pressure plate?)  Either way, thinking about doing that soon, but dammit, then I'm farther back on getting the ecu.

chickenmanq
11-06-2001, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah, the main reason I'd need a new clutch at 83,000 miles is because I drove it for a year with way bigger than stock tires, cause I thought I was going to swap out an automatic rearend from a 96 nissan.  The 96's came with 3.90 gearing.  Mine has 3.55.  Anyway, with the big tires, I had to feather the clutch quite a bit.  Lotsa wear.