PDA

View Full Version : Idle/Hesitation/revlimit/dying

AxiS14
02-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Well i am still having idle problems. I fixed the starting problem , it was a bad o ring on injector number 4. Starts up 3 cranks every day now. I am still having problems with my idle after the car warms up . It will idle around 450 rpms. My rev limit is still at 5k rpm. I know my clutch is on its way out i can feel it, so that may be the hesitation. I've switched my MAF with another and it made no difference at all. The previous owner hacked up a CAI and threw it in and there are vacuum lines just shoved into sum cut holes so i think im going to buy the right CAI for the car and check the vacuum line routing. As for the 5k rev limit i have no idea what could be wrong unless i have 2 bad MAF's? For the last problem i have, If i start my car let it warm up drive down tha block turn it off for about 1 min get back in and start it up it will start and then die. The only way to keep it running is if i hit the gas. Hopefully all these problems are caused by the same thing. Any input will help

Camo
02-17-2009, 01:59 AM
check the charging system. Ive just had a similar problem and when I had the battery charger hooked up everything was fine. would cut out at 5k. turned out it was the main fuse, some crappy alternator ground wiring and a weak alternator as well. fixed it and its good to go.

AxiS14
02-17-2009, 08:54 AM
check the charging system. Ive just had a similar problem and when I had the battery charger hooked up everything was fine. would cut out at 5k. turned out it was the main fuse, some crappy alternator ground wiring and a weak alternator as well. fixed it and its good to go.

ahhh ok ill check that out. Thx alot.

slider2828
02-17-2009, 09:35 AM
How about checking your timing, compression, vacuum leaks, and adjusting your idle?

don_bagz
02-17-2009, 09:56 AM
all i can say is check for vacume leaks.. wish i could help you.. good luck

AxiS14
02-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Yes that was next on my list im going to compression test and check my timing this weekend along with checking for vacuum leaks. One thing i forgot to add was if i am at 1/4 tank or lower and i accelerate hard it falls on its face almost like i hit fuel cut in a boosted car. I'll adjust my idle once everything is fixed/checked out ok. Thx for the replys. I'll update once i finish everything.