PDA

View Full Version : simple Q about lsd's

wings_s13
02-17-2009, 12:58 AM
I am looking to build a track car out of my s13 and i was wandering what the diff was between a 1.5lsd and a 2way lsd. can anyone share there insight about the subject, just want to know the diff and what would be the beest for track use.
thanks

cc4usmc
02-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Search.
Search.
Search.

Jung918
02-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=1.5+lsd)

GSXRJJordan
02-17-2009, 01:33 AM
Haha, you guys rock.

2way locks on accel and decel.
1.5way only locks on accel.

jdm538
02-17-2009, 01:51 AM
thats seriously all you need to know ^^^ thank you and good night.

S14SwimShark105
02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
1.5 way for grip
2 way for drift

g6civcx
02-17-2009, 08:24 AM
1.5 for beginner to intermediate drivers
2 for advanced drivers

With the 2 way you can induce rotation without using the brakes so you don't lose momentum. It's harder to rotate with a 1.5 way by coming off the throttle so people perceive the 1.5 way as more stable.

This is my preference.

Search and you will find people bickering both ways.

Teknolust72
02-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Actually some D1 drivers prefer a 1.5 way over a 2 way

SochBAT
02-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Get a racing spool!

g6civcx
02-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Actually some D1 drivers prefer a 1.5 way over a 2 way

First, some D1 drivers initiate rear traction lost with clutch dump, footbrake, and/or handbrake. Some don't.

Likewise, some prefer 1.5. Others prefer 2 way.

I specifically said that my comments were my own preferences, and people argue both ways. I encouraged him to find the facts out for himself.

Second, he asked "just want to know the diff and what would be the beest for track use".

I don't know what "track use" means. I assume he means roadracing. My comments were directed towards roadracing.

I suppose drifting is equally valid as being encompassed by "track use".

roboticnissan
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
i dont know how good you are at drifting or roadracing but you probably arent good enuff to tell the difference.(im not implying that i am either) what i did was go all out and get a 2 way and drift the crap out of it. what ever diff you get it will be 100% better than your open diff. give it a try and by the time you realize wether or not you picked the wrong one yours is probably in need of rebuilding.

learn by trying!!!!!

g6civcx
02-17-2009, 09:43 PM
i dont know how good you are at drifting or roadracing but you probably arent good enuff to tell the difference

I agree somewhat. For roadracing, beginners should focus on braking, gearing down, turning into the apex, and start applying throttle.

Until you've mastered the basics, just run what you have, whether it's open diff or VLSD.

1.5 way helps you apply power after the apex and 2 way helps you induce rotation at the turn-in on top of that.

Beginners trying to drive 2way can be disconcerting, especially if you're not smooth with your throttle control. Chopping the throttle while turning may cause the rear end to step out. It's almost like pulling the handbrake.

I recommend just running what you have until you know what you need.

wings_s13
02-18-2009, 01:26 AM
thanks to all for your help, and yes i ment road racing sorry did not say that. I will do more searching and well my only worrie was that if i ran a stock rear end that well it would not be able to take the abuse and well cause more probs then good. but i will try and hope it works out. thanks again.

Mangudai
02-18-2009, 07:58 AM
I agree somewhat. For roadracing, beginners should focus on braking, gearing down, turning into the apex, and start applying throttle.

Until you've mastered the basics, just run what you have, whether it's open diff or VLSD.

1.5 way helps you apply power after the apex and 2 way helps you induce rotation at the turn-in on top of that.

Beginners trying to drive 2way can be disconcerting, especially if you're not smooth with your throttle control. Chopping the throttle while turning may cause the rear end to step out. It's almost like pulling the handbrake.

I recommend just running what you have until you know what you need.

What do you mean by rotation?