PDA

View Full Version : 95 s14 window problem...

turtle m3th
02-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Alright, I've read a few of the threads pertaining to s14 window issues, but I haven't come across one that is specific to my issue, so I'm asking for your guys help. Ok, So the window used to go down, but it seemed a bit off and twitchy. like the track was messed up or something. And them when I go to roll it up it gets stuck at about 1/3 of the way up and just makes this grinding noise and again at about 2/3. Also I have to pull the window by hand to get them past these sticky spots. tried to diagnose the issue today and removed everything from the door that pertains to the window. After inspecting the motor and regulator everything seemed fine, so i put it back in without the window. everything worked fine and smooth. Then i put the glass back in and the problem showed up again. Kept fucking with it to find the issue and the window just stopped working all together and now it's stuck half way up.... any ideas guys? Thanks for your time.

-David M.

GSXRJJordan
02-15-2009, 02:49 AM
Sounds like you've got a problem with the track. I know on one of my cars, I had a strip of rubber (part of the window seal I guess) fall into the track, and would hang right in the way and sometimes catch.

You're absolutely right that it's most likely not the motor/regulator - I'd take another look at the track. Could also be the "gear" getting caught in wiring/etc.

turtle m3th
02-15-2009, 04:00 AM
haha, it's funny that you mention something being in the track, because one of the window resting things (the things that stop the window from moving back and forth) was laying in the track. I didn't think it was necessary to mention it though because after I removed it the damn thing still acted the same. =( I'll pick up a new track on monday and see if that works. I checked the gear as well to make sure it was clear of wires or anything that would cause binding and nothing.... Thanks for the suggestion JSXRJJordan, i'll keep them in mind.