PDA

View Full Version : What is holding your front Licence plate on?

silvia240
03-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Just as the topic seys, what is holding your front licence plate on?
I got a fix it ticket for no front licence plate on about a month ago and i need to fix this. Plus it used to be mounted to this black thing but i was driving down the highway and ran over a big rig tire and it ripped it all off with the licence plate. So i need to know if there is like a braket thing i can use to hold it in place or if i need to rethred the front bumper to screw it on, or how ever ingenious ways other people have put on their licence plate on. Thanks All

rps13kid
03-03-2003, 10:33 PM
dam where u like??? i live in green bay wi and i dont have a plate on my front and i have not got pulled over yet and it has been 6 months with no prob, but all of my friends got pulled over but not me...i was watching tv ant they said that the only reason that we need them on is because thats one way for cops to get a radar on you hahaha....what did the cop say ...did he give you a warning or a ticket?? just put screws in there it will hold it there should already be some

mrmephistopheles
03-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Front license plate? Whassat? ;-)

You can buy a new License plate bracket from your Nissan dealer.

Sixbanger
03-03-2003, 11:24 PM
I just have mine behind the windshield.. no problems so far, but if I get hassled I guess I'll just drill some holes in the plate and mount it straight to the bumper. The holes for the bracket are too far apart.

DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
03-03-2003, 11:47 PM
i got my license plate in the front but whn i drive it dissapears:cool: if you go to the apezi garage sale this saturday ill show you how i did it. dont mind helping out fellow 240sx'ers stay away from a ticket.if you cant make it i can i can meet you up if your in the la/southbay area in cali. lemme know wassup and ill let you know how to find me.

Brian
03-04-2003, 12:12 AM
zipties.

silvia240
03-04-2003, 06:58 AM
i dont think zip ties are gonna work. But i do not want to make the holes bigger by screwing bigger screws in there. When the tire ripped the licience plate off, it ripped the whole thing off, including the black pastic thing that was holding it in resulting in stripped holes in the bumper. But i got like 2 weeks left before i get fined. Stupid san diego pd. Oh well, ill go to the dealership tomorrow and see what i cant throw my money away on.:D

Chew Slice
03-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Well, for people with S13's, I took the plate off the front and put it under the air dam. If you look up there there will be some screws that match up exactly to the license plate holes. This might work for S14's too but im not sure. Oh yeah, there is some bending required as well (to the plate that is)

silnv
03-04-2003, 10:37 AM
On my Mitsubishi it is held on with zip ties into the mesh. On my s13 I am not gonna run one casue it will block my intercooler and Ohio liscense plates are ugly and dont match anything very well. So I refuse to put it on. It will just sit in the front windsheild, I have been told that is legal as long as its visible.

BadMoJo
03-04-2003, 10:51 AM
I have never driven with a front plate in any of my cars. Never had a problem with the cops either.

rps13kid
03-04-2003, 06:43 PM
hahaha
ok listen to this i replied about not having a front plate on my car and today i was on the hiway and i got pulled over by a state troper for not having one and .because my tint was too dark and my back tires were bald hahahha so they gave me a warning for it and told me that i had to rip off the tint...whats the legal tint that you can have for your car neways i live in wisconsin and i got the car from cali,,,,dam laws

SilviaDriver
03-04-2003, 07:14 PM
talking about license plate..how do them japanese people bolt it on the side of their car W/O using screws?

s14slide
03-04-2003, 09:32 PM
if you have an fmic mount it in the middle of the bumber but only mount the top part on hinges w/ springs(the scissors type, kinda shaped like <) so when your going slow or stopped the plate is down but when you get up to speed it will kinda flip under the front bumber. Thought of that in my boredom one day even though I don't have to have a front plate in NC.

240racer
03-05-2003, 06:43 PM
my friend mounted his plate to the passenger sun visor and then just left it down all the time. I'm not sure if he got a ticket for that or not, but it's not there anymore.

silvia240
03-06-2003, 01:48 AM
these cops here are dicks. Im just gonna buy some big screws and screw it in. I dont care anymore anyways. Its seriously a waste of time to deal with this crap. hehhe plus im just lazy as hell. hahhaha
take a look at the picture, that is what happened to my front bumper when i ran over a tire. it ripped everything off.
poor car