PDA

View Full Version : IS this the KA coolant temp sensor for ECU

s13pignose
02-13-2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.php?func=catalog&category_id=4802&product_id=13030

to my understanding there is 2 sensors for coolant temp. one for gauge and one for ecu. I want to make sure I get the one for ecu, as I'm guessing it's the only one that makes a difference in engine performance?

Also is it the same sensor for ka24de and ka24e? They don't have two versions, just says all ka's

thanks

racepar1
02-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Your link sends me to the main nismo shop page, not to any specific product page. The coolant sensor for the computer is a screw in sensor and has a red 2-pin connector. If you change the sensor it would be wise to change the connector as well though. The majority of coolant sensor problems are actually due to corroded connections rather then bad sensors. You can buy the connectors separately, just don't butt connect it when you splice the new pigtail in. Solder and shrink wrap it.

EDIT: I guess you fixed the link before I was even done typing. Other then the connector color it looks to be correct. Why don't you trust them? I mean it's not like you are ordering it from vatozone or something.

ixfxi
02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
ECU sensor is multi-wire

gauge sensors are 1-wire

so short answer is YES, thats it.

hahgah vatozone.. funny aron.

projectRDM
02-13-2009, 12:08 PM
For the KA, the 96-98 uses a different sender with a snap in plug, versus the clip style plug found on 91-95s. The early ones have a red end, later ones are blue.

xsparc
02-13-2009, 12:44 PM
i wanna be the 3rd person to say YES thats the right one

s13pignose
02-14-2009, 12:27 AM
I don't know what happens, but whenever I try to login on zilvia it acts really weird. I can login, it'll accept it, but then make my login again??? Also I couldn't perform search function because of a "invalid security token". Also I was aware my link was the homepage after I tried click it after posting it. I also corrected it by putting in the direct link. Well I end up going through user statistics to find this thread which was my only way since I wasn't allowed to search, and then I noticed it never showed the direct link I posted after the mainpage one??? Then when I finally do get to login and stay login, it shows the direct link. Might have to notify a Mod.

So yea I wasn't trying to put you guys through hell trying to find the page for coolant sensors on west covina's site lol.

thanks

s13pignose
02-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Why don't you trust them? I mean it's not like you are ordering it from vatozone or something.

It's just they through me off when they said all ka's, but yet they have specific sensors for the sr's even though they're all sr's.

See I have 95, projectRDM said they use different connections. So unless they ask for my year car, how are they to know. I don't wanna end up with wrong part lol

projectRDM
02-14-2009, 10:46 AM
It's just they through me off when they said all ka's, but yet they have specific sensors for the sr's even though they're all sr's.

See I have 95, projectRDM said they use different connections. So unless they ask for my year car, how are they to know. I don't wanna end up with wrong part lol

The 1995 sender is the same as the S13, so you're fine, which is the one shown in the picture (although it's the wrong color, but that doesn't matter). The plug is all you're worried about. Order it.

s13pignose
02-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Ok thanks man

neverrain
02-14-2009, 04:21 PM
hahgah vatozone.. funny aron.

I lol'd too.