PDA

View Full Version : Studdering?

H4ck3d4l1f3
02-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I tried posting this up on NWN but it seems like no one had any idea at all. It seems like its going down the hole over there as far as people with knowledge goes. I have hope Zilvia!

So to start off with I have a relatively stock S13, Redtop sr20. Fmic, exhaust..

When I'm driving normally everything seems to be fine, nothing out of the ordinary and when I'm in neutral and rev it nothing happens, but when i get on it weird shit starts happening. First off it makes this horrible noise, I can mainly hear it out of my exhaust if that makes sense. It's sort of a BAAAAAHHH!! noise. Basically just sounds pretty loud and awful, kind of like a studder? Also at that time it will pretty much cease to accelerate any further :(

The weird thing is it doens't happen all the time... Maybe a few times a day, some days not at all. But when it does, it's hard to make it stop.

I've heard that it might be a collapsed boost line or somthing, im not sure exactly what he was saying.

Finally, I've tried searching with no prevail. Any help would be great, thanks.

ChicagoS14
02-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Are you hitting fuel cut? Bad timing? Do you have an aftermarket blow of valve? whats your boost setting? what kind of injectors do you have, any fuel management?

H4ck3d4l1f3
02-12-2009, 11:41 PM
No fuel management, stock boost although it does like to spike a little bit now and then, Greddy RS bov, i don't think it's fuel cut because it's never happened before and it's not even that high of rpm, and i don't know about my timing.

I've had my motor in for about 6-8 months and it just started doing this. Again, it probably happens on average about every other day, seems to go away after i park and my car sits for a few hours.

DataXUnknown
02-13-2009, 12:09 AM
You can try running some fuel injector cleaner, your injectors might be a little bit clogged. Sounds to me like it might help. Does the sound sort of portray the sound a subaru makes? (Might sound like it's running on 3 cylinders)?

H4ck3d4l1f3
02-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah i was kinda thinking it might have been missing or something? The injector thing sounds totally plausible. One time it was really bad and at idle every 10 seconds ish or so there would be a reallly low quite thud and my rpm would drop a hundred or so and then go back up to normall.

SlideWell
02-13-2009, 12:21 AM
youve got a pretty decent shop near you, UnNatural. Chris does great tuning work for them. he tunes all the Position 1 cars there. but taking that your from NWN, im feelin that ur not lookin to pay someone to make your car right the way it should...
oh, and my input on this thread is MAF

H4ck3d4l1f3
02-13-2009, 08:23 AM
youve got a pretty decent shop near you, UnNatural. Chris does great tuning work for them. he tunes all the Position 1 cars there. but taking that your from NWN, im feelin that ur not lookin to pay someone to make your car right the way it should...

I don't really see how that's relevant to my question.

xsparc
02-13-2009, 10:53 AM
check timing, fuel pressure (pump might be going), look at your plugs, check your coils

H4ck3d4l1f3
02-14-2009, 11:47 AM
half a can of seafoam in my gas tank problem solved!