PDA

View Full Version : Subframe inserts and collars

Mister.E
02-11-2009, 04:25 AM
ok so i ran a search and nothing turned up.

i just recently bought the Energy suspension "master" bushing kit and a set of Circuit Sports subframe collars. they both came in yesterday so i have yet to install them, but i do have a question.

i noticed that the ES bushing kit comes with some little weird poly bushings that fill in the gaps left in the stock subframe bushings. They also come with a washer that gets put up there to keep the new "filler" bushin pressed solidly in there.

im wondering if i will be able to use this "filler" bushing and the subframe collars at the same time? just looking at the shape of the lower collars i highly doubt that they would fit properly with that new washer from the ES kit installed there...

what i want to know is:

1.) would it be safe to run the ES bushing and the collar but just leave the washer that the ES kit came with out of the equation?

2.) or would it be safer just to say fuck the ES subframe inserts and only run the collars?

punxva
02-11-2009, 06:48 AM
my roommate is running both the inserts and collars, i'll ask him how he has them set up when i get home

Mister.E
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
awesome man, i really appreciate it. im guessing i will probably just ditch the washer and throw the collar on in its place.

Bigsyke
02-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Funny how my master set never came with them

!Zar!
02-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Just buy aluminum subframe bushings.

Mister.E
02-11-2009, 05:19 PM
thought about doing that, but i have to sell this car in a year so im not really feeling dropping the subframe to put in aluminum bushings. plus i already have the bushing kit and collars so i just want to make them work. if i cant use the bushings then thats cool. if it was a car i could keep for a long time id do it, but i have other things to spend money on...like a new clutch, mine just started slipping

Bigsyke
02-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Yes you can with 0 issues