PDA

View Full Version : stereo wiring problem... Seriously-look

NemeGuero
03-02-2003, 05:51 PM
I've done my share of stereo reciever installations and I can do them fairly easily. I took out the stock CD player combo from my 97 240 and there are only 6 wires that go out to the speakers. Is there an amp set-up stock in this car? A wiring diagram would be great if anyone could provide it. Thanks

nrcooled
03-02-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes there is and no I don't have a diagram. Someone will be along to help you out.

DMC
03-02-2003, 06:41 PM
hope this helps http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/stereo_bypass_amps.htm

andrave
03-03-2003, 03:37 PM
if you are putting in an aftermarket head unit, run seperate speaker wires. Trust me, its just easier. If you are just wanting to swap out the factory speakers, well, check the impedance. You want one as close to the factory speaker as possible to keep the factory amp happy. If it was me I'd ditch the whole system and buy new speakers and a head unit and just run aftermarket speaker wire. If you are planning to add an amp its a must anyway.

NemeGuero
03-03-2003, 05:09 PM
I eventually will do all of that, I have a 2 amp system and I just wanted a "quick" fix until I get my component speakers upon which time I WILL run new wires from my amp. either way, you didn't answer my question

andrave
03-03-2003, 07:54 PM
takes an aftermarket kit to integrate. Its fairly easy to run your own speaker wires, just take out the kick panels and the rocker panels and run them under the carpet. Thats your answer. You can work around the stock system but you'll need a kit, I think sosche wanted 60 bucks for the one for the maxima, which I believe is very similar to the s14 system.