PDA

View Full Version : clutch bad?

JRas
02-08-2009, 11:11 AM
my clutch was working fine.. one day I decided to adjust it because I wanted it to engage closer to the floor. I ended up adjusting the push rod and everything was fine.. I again adjusted it this time closer to the driver, everything was fine no slips.

recently my clutch started engaging really high, at the top of the pedal and began to slip. I adjusted it to engage lower thinking that it wasn't fully engaging.. tested it no slips.. on the way to my sisters house about half way downshift to 4th on the freeway go to accelerate and it slips.

I notice once again the engagement point has moved on it's own..

get to my sisters house, adjust it in the morning, test drive no slips, as I'm coming back from the test drive.. I notice once again the clutch is engaging way higher than I adjusted to.

is it my clutch?

or am I not adjusting this right? I adjust from the push rod and make sure I have some dead pedal, after I'm done I tighten the locking nuts.

at my sisters house, I have an hour drive home.. and It's no fun having to baby the car home because it's limping.. not to mention at stop lights where I'm accelerating very slowly from a stop.

Thanks

bmar240sx
02-08-2009, 11:52 AM
From what i know the clutch is supposed to engage right in the middle, try to put it back to where you had it before and see what happens. I think you are making it slip due to how low you adjusted the pedal. Incorrect pedal hieght can make it slip happened to me, re bleed the system too

JRas
02-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I adjusted it before I left..

read the FSM and tried to do my best to get the correct amount of dead pedal.. something to do with the clevis pin being able to move freely..

on the ride home it was perfect, no slips, and stayed exactly where I set it.

hoping it was just the pedal adjustment :x: