PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder #1 no spark Sr20det HELP

darius_tii
02-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi
I just relocated the harness on an s14 and once we started it up i realized that the car was miss firing.
Upon checking each of the coilpacks to see if they were giving spark i realized that #1 is not giving any spark

Switched the #1 coilpack with the other coilopacks which were working correctly, but still no spark in #1

I dont really get what the problem is so wanted to see if anyone here world know

I have a test light and checked the cylinder #1 plug and it was lighting up, so looks as if there is electricity coming into it but Im not sure

Im wondering if there would be anything else that would controll the spark in cylinder #1

also the car has been having problems with the CAS lately but i have another one in that seemed to be working fine before i relocated the harness

this is all in an S14 sr20det also

Thanks
Darius

dillyumpshous
02-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi
I just relocated the harness on an s14 and once we started it up i realized that the car was miss firing.
Upon checking each of the coilpacks to see if they were giving spark i realized that #1 is not giving any spark

Switched the #1 coilpack with the other coilopacks which were working correctly, but still no spark in #1

I dont really get what the problem is so wanted to see if anyone here world know

I have a test light and checked the cylinder #1 plug and it was lighting up, so looks as if there is electricity coming into it but Im not sure

Im wondering if there would be anything else that would controll the spark in cylinder #1

also the car has been having problems with the CAS lately but i have another one in that seemed to be working fine before i relocated the harness

Thanks
Darius

i remember i didnt get spark and i saw my cas plug wasnt pluged in all the way. once i pluged it all the way in i got spark.

Teambadrun
02-06-2009, 11:26 PM
check your ECU pinout
some ecu's and some loom's have differnt pinouts

you should go on google and type your ECU in google ( E5,6 N2,3 etc ) there is a big sticker on it with model it is
then get the diagram
and match the loom to it

and your done

slow92
02-07-2009, 08:20 AM
use your test light to find out whether or not you are getting signal going into the ignitor and then exiting the ignitor. plus you did some wiring and you might have a bad connection somewhere. so check the continuity before the solder point and after it.

Teambadrun
02-07-2009, 11:04 AM
First check that your ECU pinout's are correct.

Then check wire from ECU pinout

should be

coil pack 1 : pin 1,

coil pack 2: pin 2

coil pack 3 : pin 8

coil pack 4 : pin 9

this is a s13 sr20. - 80% of them use this. thou... so just google to make sure

and wires to the ignitor match colors as those pins
then make sure the wires from the ignitor to the coilpack loom match. however do this part last,
generally you have stuffed wires ( wrong pins, or broken -highly unlikely.but possible) to the ignitor..........

hope this helps!!

darius_tii
02-07-2009, 11:04 AM
hey guys
thanks for the help but i think some of you guys are confused
Its not that im not getting any spark at all
the car is starting and running

its simply cylinder #1 that isnt getting anything
Thanks
Darius

Teambadrun
02-07-2009, 11:34 AM
thats correct
so do what i say!!

SRKOUKIMONSTA
02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
have you checked for 12v on the coil pack connector?

rex2sx
02-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi

Thanks
Darius

So how do you know theres no spark coming out of the COP? Did you connect a spark plug tester to it or a screwdriver?

Best bet would be find someone with access to an igntion scope and check out the firing voltage.

darius_tii
02-08-2009, 01:50 AM
well after messing with some stuff and thinking about it in the i think it MAY be something else

I took out each of the spark plugs, plugs 2-4 were all black and looked really bad...while the spark plug in cylinder #1 seems almost perfect which makes me almost think that im not getting fuel to that cylinder

also.. when i took out coilpack #1 when the car was running i heard a VERY VERY faint sound, almost as if there was some sort of very small spark coming from that coilpack

strange becuase usually you hear a very distinct click click when the coilpack is close to the sparkplug but still being pulled out

ahh..im just confused

thanks
Darius

supreme_1
02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
you should get a spark tester. any auto parts store should have it. either that or put a screw driver in the spark plug boot and put it close to a ground to see if it sparks.

fuel can wash spark plugs clean, try run your car and then pull the plug and smell it.

s14jesse
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Check ur ecu open it up see if there's anything is burned

darius_tii
02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
ok
so looks like i do have spark
There is actually no fuel coming into #1
dont have a multimeter to check the voltage and resistance
but did use a test light and there seems to be power coming into the injector

darius

Teambadrun
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Check that your Injector Pinout's are correct on the ECU

maybe one pin is in the wrong spot

supreme_1
02-10-2009, 03:09 AM
a multimeter can be your best friend. get one, check for constant and pulsating to the injector, check continuity from injector to ecm and pinouts