PDA

View Full Version : 180SX Type X Aero bumper: Need to be cut to fit over FMIC?

Prelude Guy
02-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey guys,

I am in need of a new bumper and I would like to get the 180SX Type X Aero bumper. I was wondering if it will need to be modified to fit over the FMIC. I am running a Greddy M-Spec FMIC if that makes any difference.

g6civcx
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
hey andy.

every single bumper I've seen has needed some sort of trimming based upon your FMIC installation. No big deal really.

MrFairlady
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
only Part Needed to Trim was Because I am running the lower Blinkers.They extend back a bit and was running into the Lower Pipes.THATS ALL.
If Not running them - then No cutting needed @ all.

I'm running a CX Racing FMIC and it Fit Great.Tucks up behind the Bumper Perfectly.
I believe they (nissan) designed that Bumper with ALOT more Clearance because the older bumpers had NONE.

Now I'm also Not running the Bumper Crash/support so I know the US one dosen't fit it good w/o cutting it.

fliprayzin240sx
02-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Why would it fit without cutting? No S-chassis ever came stock with a front mount.

MrFairlady
02-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Why would it fit without cutting? No S-chassis ever came stock with a front mount.

Well ALL I know is I have it (JDM kouki bumper) w/ the JDM Lip and all the lower blinkers w/ surrounds,lights etc and My Shit Fit w/ NO Cutting.
Dosen't even hang Down on the bottom.
Surley the Greddy FMIC is more designed for What car its going on then a Knock off Ebay Cooler like Mine.
GTR's don't either but I would imagine every GTR has a Front Mount - & prob didn't need to be trimmed.
They design them for What car its Going on - maybe a Universal Core or something would need trimming.

I read that somewhere else that It Seemd the Kouki Bumper had waaay more Clearance for a FMIC.think about it:
They design a car for a couple years 89-94 - decide to Re-Design the same car 96+ w/ diff/new upgrades/changes - Already know what the car is Used for by most consumer's - maybe the took into account that the aftermarket Makes parts that are Commonly upgraded on the 180sx??make sence?

Bottom line is I'm sure Any S13 intercooler SHOULD fit w/ no trimming on a kouki bumper unless you put a DIFF Model's CORE on the S13 w/ kouki bumper.

ManoNegra
02-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I recall discussions from years ago on the topic
seems that kouki bumper was designed FMIC friendly