PDA

View Full Version : No Start (no fuel pulse) S13 SR20 into S14

littlehopson
02-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I have been working on putting a SR20 from a S13 into my 97 S14. Everything is together (mostly) but I am running into starting problems. Firstly the fuel pump is not priming. Second, if the fuel pump is hotwired, the fuel injectors are not firing.

I am getting 12V constant at the red wire, and continuity to the ECU through the ground wires at the injectors. The engine will crank with starting fluid. ECU relay works, all the ECU power/ground wires are correct.

I hooked up a CEL and am pulling code 55, which from my understanding is all clear. With the ignition on, the CEL will turn on and never turn off though, which I would think means there is a code (other than "all clear"). I am also not sure how I could be getting an "all clear" with not EGR solenoid hooked up, unless that just takes a while for the ECU to see is missing.

I have heard that it could be a bad ECU or ignitior chip. I don't know that it could be the ECU if it is not throwing a code, and I do not understand how it could be the ignitior chip if I am getting spark.

Thanks for any help!

Om1kron
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
and you've checked all of your fuses?

littlehopson
02-03-2009, 08:00 PM
yup, checked them all.

Teambadrun
02-04-2009, 09:13 AM
check every single pinout and make sure its correct.
but firstly change the ECU
could be stuffed.. i just did a SR conversion and we had a fault ECU.. it happens.. the ecu wasn't firing correctly on ours btw

georgesal
03-16-2009, 12:10 AM
figure out the problem?

nissan240
03-18-2009, 01:32 PM
you might have put the fuel lines backwards. one of my duma$$ friends did that to his sr recently!

ReLiC
03-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Did you figure this out? I'm having the same problem. My injectors receive power from the red wire (black w/ red on mine), and the second wire. I read somewhere that the second colored wire needs to receive ground from the ecu, but min isn't.