PDA

View Full Version : Weird occurence??

ross.cottrill
02-03-2009, 05:18 PM
ok so im driving to work today and as i pull into the dealership my car starts to shutter and die down.i immediately push in the clutch and proceed to coast a bit at wich point the car completly dies out and backfires pretty loud.im pretty freaked out because it sounded like i broke a timing chain.well after freakin WAY the f out i proceed to pull the vc off and check everything out.timing,cas,oil pressure and fuel pressure were fine.i put everything back together and try to start it up.it fires up like nothing ever happened and drivers perfectly.WTF???i talked to my friend and he acted like he knew exactly what i was talking about.he said it has happened to his car 3 times and when it happens his wideband gets realy hot(lean).all he does is just shuts the car off and "resets the ecu" and it runs completely fine?????he says that he thinks the mafs is just geting heat soaked and its throwing the tune off,just doesnt sound right to me?anyway heres my setup and his
full race t/s 3071
740cc inj.
crower (not bc)272 cams
z32 mafs
enthalpy tune

his setup is the typical 2871
z32
enthalpy tune

any help would be greatly appreciated.wondering if i need to use reflective film on my mafs and intake tube to prevent this "heat soak"
thanx for your time,ross.

ross.cottrill
02-05-2009, 05:37 PM
bump i need help on this please!!

Mangudai
02-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Did you ever figure out what caused it?