PDA

View Full Version : No power and idles like crap!

Munki
01-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Today I was cleaning my engine with some throttle body & air-intake cleaner and now my car has no power and idles like shit... Before I started cleaning the engine I took itake so i can replace the filter and I forgot the put the clamp back on the coupler, so im pretty sure some of the cleaning shit got in the intake.

Right now my boost gauge is reading 10 vac instead of 30. usually at idle the gauge read 30 vac. What damage could that cause if the TB and intake cleaner got into the intake?

Monooxide
01-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Sounds like you have a leak somewhere on the intake manifold, whether is the IACV or what but somewhere you're not sealing the intake manifold and its pulling in unmetered air. SO you have no power and a shitty idle.

Munki
01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
So, would throttle body cleaner cause that to happen? I took the filter off the intake and there was lots of the cleaner inside...

And when you say theres a leak, does that mean a gasket is messed or a bad line? Sorry, im a noob...:newbie:

kevmeistah21
01-30-2009, 06:34 PM
put the clamp back on and make sure it's tight, not too tight where it's bought to break when you're driving but enough. lol shit happen to me too many times.. and where did you use the intake clean/carb cleaner at??

Munki
01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
put the clamp back on and make sure it's tight, not too tight where it's bought to break when you're driving but enough. lol shit happen to me too many times.. and where did you use the intake clean/carb cleaner at??

The clamp is back on the intake.. The only place I used the cleaner was on the front of the engine and on the intake. Had lots of build up there...

I just tried to drive the car out of the garage and I have NO compression. When I gave it gas the car didnt move and it wasnt boosting at all.

Im trying to find somewhere to upload a vid of what its doing, so ill post that in a few min.

kevmeistah21
01-30-2009, 06:44 PM
kk goodluck, i basically did the same shit today, cleaned my IACV and throttle body. But mine ran!!! :p haha im such an ass.. sorry :/

Munki
01-30-2009, 07:40 PM
heres a vid of what its doing. The knocking sound is the engine shaking the whole damn car. If I floor the gas it takes forever just to the RPMs up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GIIkcQSNzI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GIIkcQSNzI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Munki
01-30-2009, 07:41 PM
vid

YouTube - MOV05180 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GIIkcQSNzI)

Munki
01-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Heres a vid i just took. The car also shakes VERY bad...

YouTube - MOV05180 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GIIkcQSNzI)

Munki
01-30-2009, 07:58 PM
cant post a youtube vid for some reason...

Monooxide
01-30-2009, 08:06 PM
No compression? The car wouldn't start.

Compression check the engine...I dont see how your engine could die form this.

Munki
01-30-2009, 08:19 PM
I dunno... The car was running perfect before I started to clean the engine, after I was finished I tried to drive the car out of the garage and it was hard to start and and it sounded like I had cams or something... So now when I try to start the car it'll just idle like crap and it doesnt boost at all. The car wont even move when I put it in 1st and give it gas. Im pretty sure this all happend because of the cleaning stuff that got into the intake. So, should I be looking into the turbo? That is where the intake goes, just dont know if that will cause any probs with the turbo...

Munki
01-31-2009, 12:18 PM
just found out the prob... my igniter chip melted, well the harness plug...

Monooxide
01-31-2009, 03:02 PM
Cool cool. Glad to hear you tracked down the problem.