PDA

View Full Version : ka and sr have the same sleeve throwout bearing?

vespaman
01-30-2009, 11:11 AM
are they the same??

i have extra SR trans and i lost the sleeve bearing for some reason so i'm wondering if i can use the KA one. i know that the bearing itself are the same but for the sleeve i'm not sure if the height are the same...???

design240sx
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
i have an extra one from sr. pm me if needed.

Om1kron
01-30-2009, 12:30 PM
sleeves are different, bearings are different.

DataXUnknown
01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Sleeves are the same, the bearings are different.

I know this because my sleeves was ripped off due to improper TOB installation. The sleeve you are talking about, has 5 bolts connecting it to the tranny along with the pivot ball? If so, that is the same for both KA and SR tranny.

*EDIT* I think you were talking about what the TOB rides on? Not too sure if they are the same, but I would think they are.

vespaman
01-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Sleeves are the same, the bearings are different.

I know this because my sleeves was ripped off due to improper TOB installation. The sleeve you are talking about, has 5 bolts connecting it to the tranny along with the pivot ball? If so, that is the same for both KA and SR tranny.

*EDIT* I think you were talking about what the TOB rides on? Not too sure if they are the same, but I would think they are.

i'm talking about the sleeve that the bearing sits on where the fork push back and forth.