PDA

View Full Version : dizzy for sr20det??

dark-knight
01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
this site is full of non-helpful peices of shit. you try to just ask a question about your car, and people get on your ass about a problem you dont know how to fix. fuck you all/\.

SoSideways
01-28-2009, 11:03 AM
im tryin to finish my car, and for some reason i cant find a distributor to fit my sr20det anywhere. even the shop im at cant find one. does anyone know if another dizzy will work. i have a redtop s13 sr20.

thanks

THAT'S BECAUSE THE SR20DET RUNS ON A FUCKING CAM ANGLE SENSOR, NOT A FUCKING DISTRIBUTOR.

HOLY FUCK!!!

Sell your car please!!!

!Zar!
01-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Maybe you have a sr20de and someone fooled you.

Sleepy240
01-28-2009, 11:06 AM
THAT'S BECAUSE THE SR20DET RUNS ON A FUCKING CAM ANGLE SENSOR, NOT A FUCKING DISTRIBUTOR.

HOLY FUCK!!!

Sell your car please!!!

This is honestly the best response to a THREAD EVAR!!!! I wish I had enough room to quote this as my sig =(

But seriously to the OP you probably should just sell your car or atleast your motor. If not you can probably go to pep boys and tell them you need a distributor to your nissan 240sx and they will hook it up im sure

mr.booie
01-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Wow!!!!! Id10t!!!!!!

Sileighty_85
01-28-2009, 02:14 PM
ROTFLMAO^^^

Excelent reply SoSideways

dark-knight
01-28-2009, 03:45 PM
first off, i fuckin know that, and i rebuilt a sr20det and put it in my car, so i know i have a det now. god, some people act like they own a fuckin honda sometimes.

im just askin a simple question, so i can drive my fucking car.

s13silady
01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
a simple fucking question is different from a RETARDED fucking question. how the fuck do you build an SR20DET and think you have a Distributor?

Sileighty_85
01-28-2009, 04:04 PM
first off, i fuckin know that, and i rebuilt a sr20det and put it in my car, so i know i have a det now. god, some people act like they own a fuckin honda sometimes.

im just askin a simple question, so i can drive my fucking car.

Im confused you say you know that the SRDET uses a CAS
Why would you ask where the distributor is?

the DET uses A DIF System (Direct Fire Ignition) on the exhaust side on the #1 cylinder you will see a round case that is the CAS Its controls Spark and Fuel

slider2828
01-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Its not correct term, but CAS does act kinda like a distributor lol.... Hod Rod days I guess.... Flamed lol!!

No Anothe Dizzy will not work... must be from your make of the SR20DET..

Monooxide
01-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Im confused you say you know that the SRDET uses a CAS
Why would you ask where the distributor is?

the DET uses A DIF System (Direct Fire Ignition) on the exhaust side on the #1 cylinder you will see a round case that is the CAS Its controls Spark and Fuel

It doesn't control spark and fuel, it simply gives the ECU an RPM signal so it can calculate how fast the engine is accelerating and how to time those events.

Mr.James
01-28-2009, 04:42 PM
how many people posted this in the NOOB statement thread so far? lol

Sileighty_85
01-28-2009, 04:46 PM
It doesn't control spark and fuel, it simply gives the ECU an RPM signal so it can calculate how fast the engine is accelerating and how to time those events.

I was dumbing it down

If you want to get technical
The CAS is a basic componet of the ECCS. it monitors engine speed and piston position, and sends the signals to the ECM to contol fuel injection, ignition timing and other functions

Same shit, without it you have no spark or fuel

Soup Nazi
01-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Fuck at least use the word correctly. Dizzy? You deserve a Honda

dark-knight
01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
you want a fuckin picture of my distributor, you fucks... damn.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/bb6luder/sdffffffffffffffffffffff012.jpg

cc4usmc
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
hahhahahahhahahahahahaaha

S14DB
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/bb6luder/sdffffffffffffffffffffff012.jpg

That's a Turbo'd SR20DE not a SR20DET

slider2828
01-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Is that why it looks like crap?? lol! Weird...

4sfed180
01-28-2009, 06:09 PM
you got owned. a REAL sr20deT doesnt have a distributor. someone sold you an sr20DE and threw turbo components on it.

congrats. now you have a high compression turbo motor. have fun getting it tuned and running right...reliably. well it can but the limit will be your gas and knocking.

so you "built" this motor or you bought it? if you know enough to build it and make it even run you should know at least some back ground info on the motor you are working on. sorry to sound like a dick but too many kids these day jump into projects, fuck them up, and then blame the motor or the car and give it bad rep.

good luck.

one advice would be to remove the "dizzy" lol and google the part number on it. you might be able to cross-reference the distributor to another sr20 motor. possibly from a senta se-r.

SoSideways
01-28-2009, 07:04 PM

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU REBUILD A MOTOR IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?!

Seriously?!

That is a fucking SR20DE, like S14DB said, that someone, maybe you, or someone else, put a fucking turbo on it.

It is still a fucking SR20DE, don't come on here talking like you're the be-all-end-all fucking genius fuck.

And you know what?

I DO OWN A FUCKING HONDA, so fucking what? AT LEAST IT DOES HAVE A MOTHERFUCKING DISTRIBUTOR.

Once again, if you can't distinguish the parts from an SR20DE motor and an SR20DET motor, YOU NEED TO SELL YOUR CAR AND GET OUT OF THE "SCENE", "BRO".

Sileighty_85
01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
lol OP= :newbie:

I DO OWN A FUCKING HONDA, so fucking what? AT LEAST IT DOES HAVE A MOTHERFUCKING DISTRIBUTOR.

Once again ROTFLMAO

I wonder if oil lines for the turbo were even ran? haha

RIP Rep

TheRonTom31
01-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Sweet turbo BRO i bet its fast with that high compression compressing the compressed air more.

Good luck. Try not to blow any apex seals BRO

!Zar!
01-28-2009, 07:16 PM
This is the best thread ever.

dark-knight
01-28-2009, 07:26 PM
ok, the motor in there now is a sr20det, mother fuckers

-i know a sr20det has fuckin coilpacks

-so a sr20de DISTRIBUTOR will work- thanks alot for the fuckin help.

fuck this place, used to be helpful..

!Zar!
01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Why would someone, "upgrade" to a distributor setup from a coilpack setup?

You should only be angry at yourself.

cc4usmc
01-28-2009, 07:32 PM

Yeah, you'd know too, since you've been here for so long. Feel free to leave :wiggle:

S14DB
01-28-2009, 07:39 PM

If you were more humble maybe people would help you.

So you still have the DE Harness and computer? What did you do with the old one?

Only a RWD DE distributor will fit. FWD are directly driven not gear driven like the RWD are.

Phlip
01-28-2009, 07:40 PM
how many people posted this in the NOOB statement thread so far? lol
Actually it was me who bumped that thread from page 3 with this thread's original post.
That's a Turbo'd SR20DE not a SR20DET
Funny you mention that, someone else noticed that and mentioned it earlier:
Maybe you have a sr20de and someone fooled you.

... and see, I was GOING to let the thread live, then this happened:

Actually you DON'T know that it was NOT a DET. I will call it a DE+T, but I will NOT call it a DET.

I will put this failtrain to sleep now, in hopes that the OP somehow manages to find a clue somewhere.