PDA

View Full Version : spark plugs wires...

CoasTek240
02-25-2003, 10:01 AM
ok i've searched plenty of times... what size spark plug wires shoudl i use.. i want to have maximum efficiency. i can prolly go ahead and replace the spark plugs as well.

can anyone point my in the direction...
what brand do u reccomend?

CoasTek240
02-25-2003, 12:24 PM
*bump

Dousan_PG
02-25-2003, 12:25 PM
everything i've heard says stick w/ OEM.
its not necessary for these upgraded ones
money should be better spend on grounding kits (or doing it yourself)

litlespic
02-25-2003, 04:26 PM
the only time you need to "upgrade" your wires if after you have done massive mod's to your engine that your car would need to burn the more oxygen/gas in the cylinder.. if you turbo, blow, or spray you should look at wires.. until then.. just keep fresh sets on there..

THX1138
02-25-2003, 06:51 PM
I got tired of the rubber boots detaching from the plastic tube and staying on the plugs, so when a leaky valve cover gasket (the inner one around the plug holes) forced another wire replacement I wanted something solid. I got a set of Magnecor wires. They were a bit more expensive than AutoZone craptastics, but cheaper than Viteks and some other performance wires, and the terminal looks dang near indestructible.

d240t2
02-25-2003, 06:53 PM
The OE wires are better than most performance wires...since the boots on most performance wires don't last.

Most of the high hp KA turbo cars are running stock wires, mine included (350rwhp@15psi).

Dennis

CoasTek240
02-25-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by d240t2
The OE wires are better than most performance wires...since the boots on most performance wires don't last.

Most of the high hp KA turbo cars are running stock wires, mine included (350rwhp@15psi).

Dennis
well do i get the stock replacement ones at the nissan dealer.. or is there a whole sale site..cuz mine are pretty old and looke abused..

also whatabout spark plugs i was told platinum isnt the greatest conductor and is made more for durability(thus a daily driver plug)

what bout iridium?

russian
02-25-2003, 08:45 PM
hmm here we go:

spark plugs you WANT :

NGK iridium about 25$ whole set

wires you WANT:

magnicore (if you can afford around 50$)
neurowire (around 120 $ - i still think kinda high but i had them and they ****ing rock over anything else, especially if you gonna upgrade ignition system like i had on my galant)
or just Omni spark. - around 40$ but very descent.

thats just from my experience with my previous car:)