PDA

View Full Version : VIR Full Course - uphill esses' WEE!

sykikchimp
02-24-2003, 10:19 PM
Holy CRAP Full course is FUN!!! the uphill esses' are scary as crap the first time you enter at triple digit speeds. :) I learned a LOT this weekend, and will be running Intermediate group next event with my instructors Recommendation!

Here are some pics from the weekend. It rained like Indian Monsoon all day Saturday, and was PERFECT all day Sunday except for a pretty stiff wind. LOTS of offs, and bent cars on Sunday. glad I made it through unscathed. Wish you guys could have been there.

VIR Full Course!!! (http://charles.sykikchimp.org/virfull/index.htm)

hurleyboi514
02-24-2003, 10:56 PM
WOW!! sounds like you had fun!!! pics are good as well.... id certainly like to get into some track events soon. i think im gonna go ahead and build an ITA car. yum! :) now THAT will be fun!!

btw, charles, im gonna be in charlotte march 9th for an autox on sunday. is there anyway you could make it? it will be at Knights Stadium. could you come get your Hoosiers as well? only $100, i really need the money. im moving out this week. PM me and ill bring the tires up...

HippoSleek
02-25-2003, 07:17 AM
Glad you had a good time. I was a bit worried, hearing about all the cars that got bent up out there. Good to hear you weren't one of them! That is the only pic I've seen of Evan's Rex. Ouch.

Still, there is nothing like the esses and the 240 owns Oak Tree. There is nothing like reeling in much faster cars b/n left hook and Oak Tree. I have mixed feelings on wishing I was there -- hearing all the carnage makes me a bit concerned, especially w/ my tires being what they are and me getting ready to sell the car... on the other hand, VIR is the shizzle (even in the drizzle).

**edit* Just saw some more pics on H-T, looks like there was a load of 240s out there! Interesting.

sykikchimp
02-25-2003, 08:04 AM
There was 3 other 240's that I saw.. one red Hatch, 2 white coupes.. one with a silvia conversion, and I think he might of had an SR..

My tires were BALD.. had 4/32's of tread left on the fronts, and 6/32's on the rear with 10 month old Kumho 712's.. plus my suspension was setup EXACTLY OPPOSITE of what it should of been.. hello Drifting around Oak tree! that is a SUPER slippery corner in the wet. Once I finally got the suspension setup right, the car stuck like mad despite the crappy tires. I can't wait to work out my suspension with good tires. I LOVE my suspension!

Ken - I'll probably just come auto-x with you, and pick them up while I'm there.

hurleyboi514
02-25-2003, 08:14 AM
your gonna autox as well?? woo hoo!! :) sounds like we have a competition... did you get your nismo wheels yet? when paired with those hoosiers, they should make a big difference at the track!! and just let me know if you need more, i may be able to get some more cheap...

sykikchimp
02-25-2003, 09:01 AM
no, haven't got them yet. they were supposed to get out of customs in CA yestereday... so maybe within the next week. I think I'm gonna use the Nismo's on the track ocasionally, but while I'm still learning, I'm going to use my stock wheels with some V700's or A032R's... that way I can still rotate my tires and get a full season out of the R-compounds.

even with that said, I can't pass on hoosiers for $100 :eek: :D I might run them later this year at VIR North.

I was talking to my Instructor, and he said that he has a friend in ITA.. His advise was to bring my checkbook.. lol b/c you had to run a new set of Hoosiers at every event to even make it to the podium.

oh yeah.. I will definately do some auto-xing.. you'll probably wax me though.. I've never auto-xed before.

hurleyboi514
02-25-2003, 09:45 AM
yah, hoosiers at $100 a set is a pretty good deal... i picked up two sets of 16's for myself as well for $160... :eek: ya, im worried about that in IT-A... its gonna be expensive. im gonna spend the next year prepping a car. i REALLY wanna go for it. ive got a friend that is intrested as well. and the house im moving into is being provided by the same guy that sold me the slicks. he was a pro racer, now he just preps bmw chassis's for SCCA competitions mostly, so ive got a very good head to probe when i comes to setting up this chassis. as for the new hoosiers every race, i guess im gonna need to look for a sponsor! :) ill probably just run the sets that the guys used at the last race. thats what our hoosiers are... they were used for qualifying and thats all. only a few laps on them!! :) he said that they weren't up for winning the race after that, but they are still 10x better any tire we could buy otherwise...

Phlip
02-25-2003, 09:56 AM
I bet it was fun, I wish I would have known... We went to Dave & Buster's with the guys in atlanta and had a blast this weekend, when will you be going back to VIR?

sykikchimp
02-25-2003, 10:27 AM
I'm debating whether I should do CMP w/ NASA in april, or VIR-South with THSCC. thats probably the next earliest event I'll run..

Phlip
02-25-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by sykikchimp
I'm debating whether I should do CMP w/ NASA in april, or VIR-South with THSCC. thats probably the next earliest event I'll run..
Let me know when you are going, I will ride up with you, may even take a swing at it if I ever join NASA... But I live right outside of greensboro in NC, so we can meet up somewhere...