PDA

View Full Version : Park/running lights stay on when car is off.

headup240
01-24-2009, 04:03 PM
I just replaced my heater core. Before i put the car back together I hooked up the cluster and took it for a spin to make sure it didnt overheat. My cluster shorted out and now my park lights stay on all the time unless i unhook the battery. I've posted on nico and other forums but i get no help. Thanks

projectRDM
01-24-2009, 06:19 PM
You grounded something, start unplugging parts to see if they go out, start with the switch, then the dimmer, then the TCU.

s14l0v3r
01-24-2009, 11:05 PM
You grounded something, start unplugging parts to see if they go out, start with the switch, then the dimmer, then the TCU.

definitly agree

g6civcx
01-25-2009, 03:23 PM
My cluster shorted out and now my park lights stay on all the time unless i unhook the battery

2 questions for you.

1: what does "my cluster shorted out" mean? was there smoke/fire? did you ever fix this problem?

2: is the combo light switch turned to off?

headup240
01-25-2009, 04:52 PM
1. No smoke or fire. just simply quit working. No I never fixed it. All the strips on the back look fine. Checked all fuses they are also fine.
2. Im not that big of an idiot. Yes its off and i even unplugged and detached it and lights stayed on

g6civcx
01-25-2009, 05:18 PM
1. No smoke or fire. just simply quit working. No I never fixed it. All the strips on the back look fine. Checked all fuses they are also fine.

Okay, I'm going to leave that alone for now.

2. Im not that big of an idiot. Yes its off and i even unplugged and detached it and lights stayed on

The switch provides current to the parking light circuit. The circuit is now getting power somehow.

Check the front left fender harness.

Then trace all parking light wires and see which one is shorted to constant power.