PDA

View Full Version : help design fuel system

nightshiftgarage
01-24-2009, 06:08 AM
ok , my s13 was purchased from a guy that was using the car for drag racing. the shell was a great deal for a car with coils,cage ,decent wheels. heres the deal. the car has no stick fuel tank at all and has a cell in the trunk 8 gallon.the car had a ca with a huge charger on it hence the reason is now has an aeromotive a1000 pump and 6 an braided lines all the way to the front with the top feed rail. however when i broke ties with the original owner he did not want to let me borrow the aeromotive fpr that was taken off the car.

heres the 2 options

buy a aermotive fpr and 20 bucks worth of fittings and find some dsm injentors and retain the top feed rail with those braided lines. the pump would be way overkill.

i may be able to sell the pump,lines,rail,injectors and get enough cash to buy an inline walbro ,hose to rejoin the hard lines on the chassis, and some 550s side feed inj. honestly i would rather go to this setup.

any body ever used an inline walbro 255?

any ideas

smelly240
01-24-2009, 07:25 AM
not on a s chassis - but they work on other cars - I would be sure it can breathe tho so it doesnt cook.

nightshiftgarage
01-24-2009, 07:54 AM
what would be wrong with using it on an s chassis? it just has to be mounted lower than the tank right?

schmauster
01-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I took it as.. no prior experience with inline walbros on an S chassis