PDA

View Full Version : Cooler...

N1ceDrgn
02-24-2003, 07:55 AM
I am sure there have been discussions about things like this but I was wondering if anyone had any real information on these two things. After a hard drive into Arizona, I am SERIOUSLY considering a larger radiator and an oil cooler. My question is how big of a temp drop do you get with a 3 core radiator and an Earl's oil cooler for the S13? I've seen larger aluminum radiators and I've also seen the size of the oil coolers. I'm just curious if anyone has any real/ personal input on how much of a drop they experienced after changing them out or adding them?

mrmephistopheles
02-24-2003, 08:07 AM
i know where you can get Earls coolers. shoot me an email.

N1ceDrgn
02-24-2003, 08:11 AM
Thanks guy, but I know where to get an Earl's too. I'm looking to find out actual numbers anyone has noticed after installing these two, the larger radiator and the oil cooler.

N1ceDrgn
02-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Right now, I am looking to gain a drop of 10 degrees or better. I already have a larger 2 core radiator, I've changed out the thermostat and I am using a twin electric fan setup from summit. I'd like to see a 10 or better drop in my oil temp and the same if possible for the coolant side. Anyone have any ideas?

mrmephistopheles
02-24-2003, 01:16 PM
*slap* You're welcome, ass.

Originally posted by N1ceDrgn
Thanks guy, but I know where to get an Earl's too.

N1ceDrgn
02-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Don't get too slap happy there 'tough guy!'.. I know where to find the parts I'm talking about and so do you.. I just want to learn what kind of numbers I could get from adding these two.

mrmephistopheles
02-24-2003, 01:35 PM
As far as oil coolers go, it's all dependent upon the size of the cooler you use. There's tiny ones and really big intercooler size oil coolers. Also the location of the cooler and the amount of airflow it gets will be determining factors. I'm sure there's too many variables to simplify it to a '+oil cooler -10 degrees' situation.
As far as rads are concerned, any rad with more rows and better airflow (high power puller fans, removal of a/c condenser, venting hood for airflow, etc) will cool better. Don't forget you don't want it to run TOO cool, though.

Originally posted by N1ceDrgn
Don't get too slap happy there 'tough guy!'.. I know where to find the parts I'm talking about and so do you.. I just want to learn what kind of numbers I could get from adding these two.

N1ceDrgn
02-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Of course running 'too cool' is a bad thing but my goal is to drop at least 10 celsius when things are running hard. So, a larger radiator + aluminum, as well as an oil cooler are the avenues I'm checking out there 'Mr. Slap-Happy'...