PDA

View Full Version : Trunk lock no key, What can i do???

MissShiftS13
01-21-2009, 08:25 PM
My question is so i have no key for my trunk lock, do you guys think a locksmith can make me a key if i take him the lock. The only reason i would take it to a locksmith is because it is a Silvia trunk lock or else id just get a new one.

projectRDM
01-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes.

message length

MissShiftS13
01-21-2009, 09:04 PM
That's all i cared to know because i have to go tomorrow and get one done

trsilvias13
01-21-2009, 11:51 PM
If you are getting one of those silvia flip lock thing with no key, you can switch out the cylinder with the one on the car (if you have it) and you will use the same key for all your locks.

zylvia213
01-22-2009, 12:05 AM
^^^ true that i just did that. I just got a flip silvia trunk lock all i did was remove the cylinder from the stock one and put it on the silvia one and work perfectly... On the old one you gota kinda force it out like you gotta bend the ring around the lock and then it will slide right out. Simplest thing you can do.

MissShiftS13
01-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Well the thing is that i traded my wingless trunk for one with the spoiler and the guy never told me his didnt have a lock, so i cant do that either.

handinpants
01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
i just dropped my kouki lock off at a locksmith this afternoon

Bambi
02-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Take one your doors' key cyclinders if you can't open the trunk from the inside for whatever reason to the locksmith and they can make a key for it. OR look in your glove box, find a sticker (there's like two I think), hopefully you have it, and give the number/serial (begins with an 'x') to the locksmith and they can make it with that number/serial.

edit: wait, so there's a different key for the trunk? Well yeah, if you take the lock they'll make one..

slim
03-01-2011, 06:44 AM
i want to try to switch my cylinder out but im worried about destroying the silvia lock. anyone have pics of the process?

japslapsilvia
03-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Very meaningful reply you got there dude. Hahaha. But it is still true, you can just bring your trunk lock (http://www.thepartsbin.com/autoparts/trunk_lock.html) to the lock smith and let them have a carbon copy of your keys.

this thread is like 2 years old.....very nice of you to bump it and basically say the same thing ProjectRDM said 2 years ago....