PDA

View Full Version : car wont start need help

lost240soul
01-21-2009, 02:49 AM
i was driving one day and all of a sudden the car just died out of now were.. fuel pump doesnt prime (doesnt even turn on)i replaced fuel pump thinking it was that but still nothing..the fuse is not blown..car cranks but doesnt start any ideas or tips to fix it..

Note:its a s13 with a blk top sr swap with a 255 fuel pump..

sil80tydriftmachine
01-21-2009, 03:01 AM
if the pump is okay
then it may be your connection in the engine bay
did you soder the wires or was it mickey moused with just electrical tape

lost240soul
01-21-2009, 03:07 AM
if the pump is okay
then it may be your connection in the engine bay
did you soder the wires or was it mickey moused with just electrical tape

and i changed the fuel pump thinking the one i had died but its not that.. and the wires are all sloiderd and shrink tubed and then taped off.. i went back and looked at the fuel pump wires too, they are still together..

lost240soul
01-21-2009, 12:44 PM
no one has any ideas

JRas
01-21-2009, 01:48 PM
sounds like wiring to me

how does your fender harness look?

lost240soul
01-21-2009, 02:09 PM
sounds like wiring to me

if your talking about the wiring by the battery its good no opens or anything like that..

240lab
01-28-2009, 07:43 PM
you might have a bad relay, also if you have a mutimeter check to make sure that you have current getting to the pump (amp setting) also see if you have any voltage drop arcoss the pump to. another thing you could try is get a test light and test the connection with a t pic in the connecter and see if your getting any voltage or flow.

just my 2 cents hope it helps a lil

24j0hn
01-30-2009, 04:28 PM
howz ur oil? these nissan engines star messing up when oil is low... the rockers or lifters are hydraulically operated so if the oil is low the pressure is low and it cant operate properly.

Sileighty_85
01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
sounds like wiring to me

hes talking about the harness that runs inside the fender over the tires.

If you have a really low car and do not relocate the harness higher up the tires will rub through the harness, break connections and creat shorts.

howz ur oil? these nissan engines star messing up when oil is low... the rockers or lifters are hydraulically operated so if the oil is low the pressure is low and it cant operate properly.

It wouldnt keep the engine from running. I've ran an SR with 0 oil pressure drove fine other than the metal on metal sound from the Cams haha
(it was a fresh swap at first thought it was low oil pressure until it didnt go way haha)

UNLESS due to no oil pressure the crank, bearing, and rods welded themselves to eachother, but thats not this case