PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr head gasket review

handinpants
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I am wondering which metal headgasket is the best bang for the buck, and will safely run 18-20psi?

also wondering which size headgasket to get for my motor? which bore size, and gasket thickness

typhoondriven
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
awhile back i saw a thread about this and they came to the conclusion crosworth was the best sealer and price, it was around $130. when you change your head gasket you need to remachine your block depending on how much you grind off and how much boost you are planning to run. i would go with a 1.1 or 1.3 nothing bigger though. hopes this helps

handinpants
01-21-2009, 01:21 AM
awhile back i saw a thread about this and they came to the conclusion crosworth was the best sealer and price, it was around $130. when you change your head gasket you need to remachine your block depending on how much you grind off and how much boost you are planning to run. i would go with a 1.1 or 1.3 nothing bigger though. hopes this helps

remachine the block or the head?

GSXRJJordan
01-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Power Enterprise was on sale for $177.

Get a head gasket at least 1mm larger than your bore. Get your head decked, and as much block prep as you can afford - at least get it clean or any previous gasket material.