PDA

View Full Version : Obama day!

worangejuice
01-20-2009, 04:04 AM
so my homey wants a Obama day partay?!
So should we just drink and tip that cup to Obama!
I think so , do you?
http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/scanner/2008/08/16-22/obama%20smoke.png
this one made me harhar
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/MomTo2Sons/OBAMA.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/jamguz/Obama.jpg

s13_redSILVIA
01-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Hell yeah

obama!!

TravisSW
01-20-2009, 04:25 AM
Would you honestly do the same if it was McCain or anybody else? lol

BustedS13
01-20-2009, 04:28 AM
i voted for him

52% of you did too

RJF didn't

anyway, first 100 days and all that shit. DO WORK SON

let's see how this goes.

Phlip
01-20-2009, 05:10 AM
It's snowing here...
I'm gonna TRY to go to work...
I will catch coverage after work.

SimpleS14
01-20-2009, 05:15 AM
I'm local to DC...and all I can say is traffic is ridiculous and celebrating has been going on through the past four days.

I'm working from home and watching this.

Congrats B.H.O. all he needs now is the people of the nation's patience.

Phlip
01-20-2009, 05:17 AM
Congrats B.H.O. all he needs now is the people of the nation's patience.

Sad part is that he is not likely to get it, and we already know he ain't getting Zilvia's...
I voted for him.
I'm sure that a couple peoples' arguments on this very forum drove others to vote for him.

shmiddy
01-20-2009, 05:50 AM
lol @ obama pic!!!!!

stiizy
01-20-2009, 07:55 AM
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/e/T/914_dui_test.jpg

OooooooBaaaaaaaMaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otto347
01-20-2009, 08:30 AM
That fucking southpark was great!

HalveBlue
01-20-2009, 08:37 AM
The Change is coming. I can feel it!

Whooooo, yeah. Change! CHANGE! (http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/207897)

Brian
01-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Well, I'm glad (finally) so many Americans are supportive and excited for our president. That is pretty wild!

I just hope it isn't just because bullshit hype.

Phlip
01-20-2009, 10:12 AM
He has been president for 7 minutes now, and nothing has changed yet.

IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT!!!

Brian
01-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Your sarcasm about Obama is getting really old, really fast.

Phlip
01-20-2009, 10:19 AM
PM me an address and I will send you a fucking mirror.

But hey, the fact that is getting old means that someone gets the very point of it.

Brian
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm glad you're a fan of me.

LeftNutOfGowd
01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
CHANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Brian
01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I wonder if the people are shouting "CHANGE" all day long even have any mental activity beyond pronouncing the word "change".

nani
01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
All we can really do is wait....
if doesn't change shit then he will be more hated than W. Bush.
I voted for him btw

jackjack
01-20-2009, 10:45 AM
he WILL save the day................

ahhahahahahaha

ok

probably not

RJF
01-20-2009, 10:49 AM
America Held Hostage - Day 1

:sadwavey:

240trainee
01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I wonder if the people are shouting "CHANGE" all day long even have any mental activity beyond pronouncing the word "change".

Probably not. Actually, I'm sure not.

I look forward to the coming months. Hopefully he will prove himself a good choice for the job. Time will tell though.

ESmorz
01-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Haha he fumbled the swearing in part.

Damn fine speech though.

Obama day sucks! I start college today =(

RJF
01-20-2009, 11:18 AM

(

What? You mean there wasn't a teleprompter?

drift freaq
01-20-2009, 11:23 AM

Damn fine speech though.

shit you should be excited about starting college. Its your key to your future. Or at least it should be.

Obama made a very good speech. It was impressive. I hope he can follow through and bring about the right actions. Time will tell. He is here lets hope he can do good.

murda-c
01-20-2009, 11:27 AM

Lol if justice roberts wasn't pausin like Bill shatner all the time and talkin bout "president to the united states" it woulda been alright.

Gnnr
01-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Someone give that man a victory cigar!

http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR/rdonlyres/59B957E8-9176-446D-98E4-BBE6824BC69E/24444/59B957E89176446D98E4BBE6824BC69E2.jpg

celebrating has been going on through the past four days.

Ain't no party like an Obama party 'cause an Obama party don't stop! :snoop:

Flipzide
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
wtf i slept through his inauguration speech? oh well.

180sExy
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
his speech was great.

murda-c
01-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Now everybody stop being lazy and shit because obama can't change america alone.

With our powers combined he can stop forest fires or summat.

juice.def
01-20-2009, 11:46 AM
oh its party time alright!!

murda-c
01-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah i'm fitna get drunk.

juice.def
01-20-2009, 11:52 AM
im having flashbacks of election night oh boy here we go again..

DOOK
01-20-2009, 12:18 PM
ask if I care... nope, sure don't...

ronmcdon
01-20-2009, 12:18 PM
the speech was good. heard it on the radio on my way to work. only time will tell how obama does, but I hope for everyone sake he can clean up the mess we're in. we'll need miracles.

I kinda wish they didn't hire that circus/wrestling announcer though. Guy was very annoying and inappropriate for the occasion.

S14DB
01-20-2009, 12:58 PM

No, he decided to do the swearing in with no notes... :duh:

worangejuice
01-20-2009, 02:01 PM
I saw a commercial where he plugs a site called "america volunteers" or some shit.
Basically sounds like get off you're ass and help this muthafucka out!
this one made me harhar
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/MomTo2Sons/OBAMA.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/jamguz/Obama.jpg

ALTRNTV
01-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Funny how the public and especially the media tore up Bush, at his last inauguration, for running up a bill of $40 million dollars
(btw that was private donations).

Yet, this $150-170 million dollar day, is a "historic occasion" a day to celebrate. Aren't we in a recession?

cc4usmc
01-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Yet, this $150-170 million dollar day, is a "historic occasion" a day to celebrate. Aren't we in a recession?

Word......

SimpleS14
01-20-2009, 02:15 PM

Damn fine speech though.

Actually Roberts recited the oath wrong, hence why Obama paused, because he knew it was not right (look out for that in your local news...excluding FOX).

He speech was really good....quite lengthy...but still good. He hit a lot of points and had quite the underlying messages.

My biggest worry is Afghanistan. Right now I'm like "OMG...really? Do we need troops there?"

Funny how the public and especially the media tore up Bush, at his last inauguration, for running up a bill of $40 million dollars

Please...this was donated money and a drop in the bucket to compared TARP. :eek3: Consider it intense mental therapy for the public :keke:

Anyone else like the limo-suv-tank hybrid ?

lucky7
01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
i hope all goes well. my biggest fear is our national security.

and i predict bush will get more credit for sticking to his guns (not a pun.) as time goes on.

SimpleS14
01-20-2009, 02:23 PM
I can see Bush getting credit for Iraq (in a good way).....yup...and I'm not being sarcastic...

lucky7
01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
not even that specifically. he stuck to what he thought was the right thing, and even with all the lack of support, he carried on. very few people in todays world would go about that way.

deolio
01-20-2009, 03:10 PM
psh... he's just a dude.

i'm going to celebrate just because i want to celebrate.

90hatchie
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
wheres my change damnit

RJF
01-20-2009, 03:30 PM

:werd:

Can we say double-standard, boys and girls? :hs:

i hope all goes well. my biggest fear is our national security.

and i predict bush will get more credit for sticking to his guns (not a pun.) as time goes on.

Yes, he will.

Thank you, President Bush.

imotion s14
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
the speech was good. heard it on the radio on my way to work. only time will tell how obama does, but I hope for everyone sake he can clean up the mess we're in. we'll need miracles.

I kinda wish they didn't hire that circus/wrestling announcer though. Guy was very annoying and inappropriate for the occasion.

We don't need miracles, just a productive economy. Unfortunately Obama doesn't understand the difference between Employment and Productivity.

Matej
01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd120/hipsterrunoff/a72p3.jpg

Matej
01-20-2009, 03:44 PM

The $40 million cost of Bush's inauguration does not include the cost of security, the cost of which has not been released, and which is the most expensive factor. The $150-170 million cost of Obama's inauguration is with the security included, and you can only imagine what kind of security precautions were taken, with the nation and the world being in the state it is in, and on top of that with the president being "different" and all.

It is comical to me how closely this inauguration was monitored and covered by every media outlet there is, and how the media pretty much kept a journal of all of Obama's days leading up to his presidency, just because he's the first "different" president. Everyone's hovering over his shoulder waiting for him to slip up or catch him off guard, and scrutinize and pick apart his every word and move. I don't remember any previous president elect being watched this closely.

ALTRNTV
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
^
I don't think people cared about Bush's security. :aw:

Bigsyke
01-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Im against the hype, Fuck Obama

fromxtor
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Sucks for him he's got alot to deal with coming into this, and that in and of itself may set him up for failure. Some people don't understand presidential decisions don't make changes overnight.

I did not vote for either candidate btw.

Gnnr
01-20-2009, 04:54 PM
wheres my change damnit

Sir you only gave me $10.

Longest parade EVAR! lol FAMU's band FTW.

LongGrain
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Im against the hype, Fuck Obama

damn, you are such a rebel, go you.

Phlip
01-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Sucks for him he's got alot to deal with coming into this, and that in and of itself may set him up for failure. Some people don't understand presidential decisions don't make changes overnight.

I did not vote for either candidate btw.
Josh, you and I are good friends, so please know that I am AGREEING with you, especially in response to what you were responding to, even though I know who you voted for last time and the time before it...
People, there is NOTHING a president (or president-elect, as some of you fuckers have been suggesting to have the power of a goddamned DEITY since 11:15pm on November 4th) can do that will take immediate effect, PERIOD. Yes, the line was "change," and the difference in the color of his skin is the first and likely most obvious change. If he stays committed to progressive causes, then the "change" will continue.
Standing around baselessly bitching because the person you wanted to win did not will do NOTHING to help shit. I have said it before, I will say it again... The bed is made and now we will lay in it. Fact, here, is that people are NOT giving the man a fucking chance, which is clearly laughable in the face of the 8-year hostage situation that FINALLY drew to a fucking close at noon today.

Longest parade EVAR! lol FAMU's band FTW.
FUUUUUUUUUCK FAMU... NC A&T State University, kiddo (yes, I know we weren't invited, but hey)

Gnnr
01-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey, I don't like the school, just the band. lol. I used to be in band and know a few people that went to play for them.

Phlip
01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Hey, I don't like the school, just the band. lol. I used to be in band and know a few people that went to play for them.

Then you should understand I was only messing with you, as an alum of A&T.

imotion s14
01-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Josh, you and I are good friends, so please know that I am AGREEING with you, especially in response to what you were responding to, even though I know who you voted for last time and the time before it...
People, there is NOTHING a president (or president-elect, as some of you fuckers have been suggesting to have the power of a goddamned DEITY since 11:15pm on November 4th) can do that will take immediate effect, PERIOD. Yes, the line was "change," and the difference in the color of his skin is the first and likely most obvious change. If he stays committed to progressive causes, then the "change" will continue.
Standing around baselessly bitching because the person you wanted to win did not will do NOTHING to help shit. I have said it before, I will say it again... The bed is made and now we will lay in it. Fact, here, is that people are NOT giving the man a fucking chance, which is clearly laughable in the face of the 8-year hostage situation that FINALLY drew to a fucking close at noon today.

You're right, the feds are printing the money right now but the inflation won't hit overnight. It'll take 3 years or so. :snoop:

Why should anyone with a brain (or just a decent understanding of non-Keynesian economics) follow the plan he has revealed to save the economy when it has been tried before and each time it failed spectacularly?

A very smart man once said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting difference results.

This was the same mindset that got us into the "hostage situation" for the last 8 years. After 9/11 everyone got behind Bush and we rushed off to War. No one dared offer opposing views. We need to get behind the President! We need to stand united!

The guy once said he was looking to FDR and study what he did during the Great Depression. Milton Friedman and his wife totally blew the mainstream historian view of the depression out of the water and demonstrated what had happened. That the GD was caused by liquidity issues and the central bank that was created for the specific purpose of covering banks in case of a bank runs didn't do exactly that and it caused bank failure.

Never mind the "deficits don't matter in the short run! run em up till the economy is fixed!"

And we're suppose to take him seriously. :hahano:

Oh and just for the record, I do more then "bitch". I'm active in politics in my city.

YouTube - End The Fed - Houston Rally with Ron Paul Pt.1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qsJjTaekA8)

I was there, in front of the ugliest fucking building in Houston. (The Houston branch of the Federal Reserve) :barf:

Gnnr
01-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Then you should understand I was only messing with you, as an alum of A&T.

I know I know :D

Bigsyke
01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
damn, you are such a rebel, go you.

Yes I am, I could get arrested for that statement now.

Obama this, Osama that - everywhere I turn OBAMA BITCH! Fuck him and fuck all his worshipers. I have never seen people so weak. Do me a favor and interview 10 cops. One world One religion - my beef isnt with Obama, its with the US- Democratic congress and a bunch of fucked up american citizens. All the hood rats that are getting the wrong idea that they can stab, kill and shoot at white people because obama is back.

HalveBlue
01-21-2009, 02:22 AM
All the hood rats that are getting the wrong idea that they can stab, kill and shoot at white people because obama is back.

WTF are you talking about?

Please provide some evidence of the spike in stabbings, killings, and shootings of white people by black people.

Thanks.

theronin
01-21-2009, 03:36 AM
i think history will tell the story. bush made the hard decisions, and obama will benefit from them. bush had to deal with clintons relaxed view of the middle east. so bush took the hard line against them. obama will benefit. people think that bush alone made the call to go to war. fucking hilarious. i will hold off any more posts on the subject at the moment.

Matej
01-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Let us hope that Obama starts and cannot finish invading a couple third world countries and taps our phones so we can feel safe.

imotion s14
01-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Let us hope that Obama starts and cannot finish invading a couple third world countries and taps our phones so we can feel safe.

He voted for the FISA Bill amendments that gave retroactive immunity to the telecoms that participated in domestic spying. :down:

Matej
01-21-2009, 08:18 AM
He voted for the FISA Bill amendments that gave retroactive immunity to the telecoms that participated in domestic spying. :down:
Well, thank you for that information, I know I suddenly feel much safer. Maybe he's not so horrible after all. Hopefully that will help everyone sleep at night.

KA24DESOneThree
01-21-2009, 08:29 AM
I refrained from listening to any of the speech or rock concert goings on.

I got to work, and a coworker of mine said "You're going to remember this day for the rest of your life."

I said, "Why? It's just the first day of another semester." Quite honestly, I had no idea why I'd remember yesterday for all my life.

He threw masking tape at me.

I'm giving Obama two months before I start reaming him on a regular basis.

imotion s14
01-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Well, apparently he's not so bad after all. Hopefully that will ease everyone's mind.

So you think we should give telecoms immunity from prosecution for being involved in domestic spying?

Matej
01-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Yes.

I also think Obama should invade a country in South America.

Preferably Ecuador.

imotion s14
01-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Yes.

Preferably Ecuador.

Sucks for you that you're going to graduate into a depression. That's the only bright spot for me in the whole matter. :love:

HyperTek
01-21-2009, 10:24 AM
wow you guys are still crying about Obama?

not happy to see the majority of the country actually hopeful and believing in the new president? Theres still alot of prejudice behavior, esp in this forum. Reminds me of that man shot in the back by cops thread, people crying about the race issue etc

If McCain became ill, would you rather Palin run things? lmao

SimpleS14
01-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes.

Preferably Ecuador.

You crazy son.....it's all about Venezuela!!!! :keke:

not happy to see the majority of the country actually hopeful and believing in the new president? Theres still alot of prejudice behavior, esp in this forum. Reminds me of that man shot in the back by cops thread, people crying about the race issue etc

If McCain became ill, would you rather Palin run things? lmao

You have to remember.....49% of the country does not jive well with this guy and his crew. Sounds awkwardly similar to the past two elections we had.

imotion s14
01-21-2009, 12:50 PM

not happy to see the majority of the country actually hopeful and believing in the new president?

I believe in reality. Reality is this: deficit spending and printing presses will only lead to a collapse of the dollar and when the dollar collapses, so will the economy.

The majority of the country also rushed to war behind our last president. We leaped without looking and we're about to do the same thing, again.

Maybe you don't understand what's going on, but some of us do. If you did, then you wouldn't be as positive about the future either.

Theres still alot of prejudice behavior, esp in this forum. Reminds me of that man shot in the back by cops thread, people crying about the race issue etc Which is why I attack his policies, not his skin color :P

If McCain became ill, would you rather Palin run things? lmaoMcCain, Obama.. who cares? Ben Bernanke is running the fucking show with his printing press.

Gnnr
01-21-2009, 02:10 PM
You crazy son.....it's all about Venezuela!!!! :keke:

You have to remember.....49% of the country does not jive well with this guy and his crew. Sounds awkwardly similar to the past two elections we had.

I think your numbers are wrong sir.

Obama's approval ratings hold up - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/01/obamas_approval.html)

Brian
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM
I wonder if people understand racism works both ways in the election.

I don't think many do....

ALTRNTV
01-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Of course his approval ratings will still be high, he hasn't done anything yet.

Gnnr
01-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Of course his approval ratings will still be high, he hasn't done anything yet.

It was in response to SimpleS14's 49% statement. I'm assuming he was speaking of approval rating since he is speaking of the present and did not mention the election itself specifically.

For those who want to see how much race played in the election (not much):

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=USP00p6)

And I can look up other sources if you want.

Bigsyke
01-21-2009, 03:23 PM
It was in response to SimpleS14's 49% statement. I'm assuming he was speaking of approval rating since he is speaking of the present and did not mention the election itself specifically.

For those who want to see how much race played in the election (not much):

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=USP00p6)

And I can look up other sources if you want.

Screw exit polls, I guess you never saw that the ammount of black voters was MUCH MUCH MUCH higher than ANY election.

Bigsyke
01-21-2009, 03:32 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=USP00p1

Voters by race/sex;

So race played no part in the election?

Black men = 95% obama
Black Women = 96% obama

stiizy
01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Really who the fuck cares??

You guys are bitchin and guess what??

He still fucking President...

Who the fuck cares who voted for him...

Leave race the fuck out of it...

RJF
01-21-2009, 03:42 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L6pDyjqqsvY/SXclsO8d5HI/AAAAAAAAZcI/Q-jsprtOvxE/s320/Khalid+Sheikh+Mohammed.JPG

9-11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed can sleep soundly tonight.
He has a new friend in the White House.

The new POTUS halted all Gitmo tribunals.

Brian
01-21-2009, 03:52 PM

I only brought that up because I have noticed certain members of this forum labeling people as racists because they don't approve of Obama.
Just an interesting thing to think about (for me anyways). I like sociology.

stiizy
01-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Nah B you know i don't mean you...

Your random as fuck so it don't matter but to the other haters who the fuck cares aint shit they can do ya know...

Bigsyke
01-21-2009, 03:57 PM

Racial discrimination lawsuits is milking companies dry, claims are granted and paid out without question, its a quick get rich scheme.

Did you know most retailers WILL prosecute a white, asain, latino ect individual, but NOT a black person. We get these calls all the time, and its sickening

Im not racist, I am however disgusted at seeing a large chunk of a certain culture milking the system selfishly, which hurts everybody.

This certain election just fuels this fire most of you have no idea about

jh3xp
01-21-2009, 03:58 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L6pDyjqqsvY/SXclsO8d5HI/AAAAAAAAZcI/Q-jsprtOvxE/s320/Khalid+Sheikh+Mohammed.JPG

9-11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed can sleep soundly tonight.
He has a new friend in the White House.

The new POTUS halted all Gitmo tribunals.

^^ DJ khalid? WE DA BEST

Gnnr
01-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=USP00p1)So race played no part in the election?

I didn't say it had no part. ;) BTW, there it says that White voters made up 74% of total voters.

murda-c
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=USP00p1)

Voters by race/sex;

So race played no part in the election?

Black men = 95% obama
Black Women = 96% obama

how close are those numbers for every other democratic candidate in recent history?

Brian
01-21-2009, 04:03 PM
If I may say something... even though I already have.
I think a lot of people might feel the same way that I do about the whole Obama thing.

I think it is absolutely great that so much of America is HAPPY and excited for the president. When was the last time that happened? From what I have seen, other parts of the world are happy too. Wow, that MUST be good.

There is so much "CHANGE" propaganda and all that. People love it and say it all the time. "HOPE" "CHANGE"

That's great.

The problem is this...

I feel that a LARGE part of that "CHANGE group" (as I will call them) are simply hopping onto a badwagon with blinders on their eyes.

So, what is the point of being so pumped up on somebody, if they don't have any idea WHY they are pumped up for him.

I hear everybody say, Ohhhh this is great. This is such a great thing for America. This is CHANGE. This is historic.

Ok... great.

It is for this reason why I get upset when people label me a racist for not seeing all this hype and greatness of Obama.

All in all, I hope he does a great job and I hope America is more united because of it. That would be wonderful.

At this point I'm tired of writing.
fuck it.

Gimme my SLURPEE.

SimpleS14
01-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I think your numbers are wrong sir.

Obama's approval ratings hold up - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/01/obamas_approval.html)

I'm not talking about approval ratings...I was referring to the election.

Maybe I was off a percentage point or few....it's still quite high. :ughd:

Matej
01-21-2009, 05:19 PM
It just sucks so much that for once the US has a president that so many people are actually excited about and look up to. What will happen to The Daily Show? :(

ALTRNTV
01-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Other than getting elected into the office of the President, name one accomplishment that Obama has done that
lead some of you to believe that he "won't let us down". Why do you believe that he won't let us down? Is it because
he's Black or is there some actual political reasons? So many of you seem to blindly support him simply because of
his skin color and don't know a thing about his views.

fromxtor
01-21-2009, 05:43 PM
RJF: The gitmo issue bothers me alot, I wonder if he spoke on that subject prior to election would he even have gotten elected. You and I both know those ppl who are there and commited crimes (as I'm sure there were some innocents imprisoned there also), will not be getting their just reward for what they did.

Matej
01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Other than getting elected into the office of the President, name one accomplishment that Obama has done that
lead some of you to believe that he "won't let us down". Why do you believe that he won't let us down? Is it because
he's Black or is there some actual political reasons? So many of you seem to blindly support him simply because of
Exactly, that's the same reason why I don't see how someone can blindly criticize him, acting like he's going to be the end of the world.
I understand that the people who didn't vote for him are obviously upset their candidate didn't win, but the majority got what they wanted, and the minority has to go along with it. That's what elections are about, right? I personally think out of the choices the people were given, he was the best one anyway, but that's just my opinion obviously.

Maybe he'll turn out to be a great president, but who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be just as bad if not worse than Bush. Only time will tell, so everyone needs to calm down, instead of making all these ridiculous predictions, whether you're a right wing nut or a blind Obama fanatic.

Also, anyone who thinks Bush was a good president is an idiot in my opinion. Off the top of my head, I can't think of one single good thing Bush has accomplished. These same people are picking apart and scrutinizing Obama's every word, while Bush gave the most embarrassing interviews and speeches full of slip-ups and nonsense that I've ever heard come out of any president's mouth.

ESmorz
01-21-2009, 05:49 PM
I liked it better when Harrison Ford was president.

Bigsyke
01-21-2009, 05:50 PM
He's the so called black Jesus. Other than giving the black community hope, (which i dont understand why they need hope, theyre doing fine) I dont know whats so good about this guy?

He is no different than any other human being on this forum/planet. He has hyped himself into power, now he has the people. Isnt this type of behavior similar to the 1940's great power?

Who' knows whats going to happen next, but for many police officers the future is looking hazy as a motherfucker

ALTRNTV
01-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I liked it better when Harrison Ford was president.
Air Force One was awesome.

http://www.aolcdn.com/red_galleries/harrison-ford-400ds0620.jpg

Also, anyone who thinks Bush was a good president is an idiot in my opinion.
While what he currently did while in office may not be popular with people, you will see a President's impact
years after he leaves office. Then will be a good time to actually "rate" his job as President.

Matej
01-21-2009, 06:02 PM
So why is everyone "rating" Obama before he's even had a chance to do anything as president? It is improbable there will be any drastic change, whether it be for the better or for worse. People need to sit back and we might as well try to enjoy the ride, because that's pretty much the only thing we can do now.

ALTRNTV
01-21-2009, 06:04 PM
So why is everyone "rating" Obama before he's even had a chance to do anything?

http://www.animalwebguide.com/Sheep-3.jpg

Bigsyke
01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Also, anyone who thinks Bush was a good president is an idiot in my opinion. Off the top of my head, I can't think of one single good thing Bush has accomplished.

So why is everyone "rating" Obama before he's even had a chance to do anything? People need to sit back and relax.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt congress have a bigger impact than the president himself? Im not saying bush was a good president, but shouldnt we be blaming congress for everything but the war in Iraq?

http://www.animalwebguide.com/Sheep-3.jpg

Its actually reversed

Matej
01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt congress have a bigger impact than the president himself? Im not saying bush was a good president, but shouldnt we be blaming congress for everything but the war in Iraq?
Another reason why the Obama hype/hate should be toned down, right?

ALTRNTV
01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I find it funny too that all these media outlets are making a big deal about the huge amount of teens/young people who
watched the inauguration. I'm pretty sure most of them have no clue what Obama's views are or what he stands for. Since
everyone else was watching, they might as well watch too, right?

murda-c
01-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Yknow if it wasn't for slavery and segregation we wouldn't have this little obama problem.

Matej
01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Republicans freed the slaves. :keke:

90hatchie
01-21-2009, 06:19 PM
i asked all the people at work that voted for obama and about75% of them said "because hes black"

sad.....

Bigsyke
01-21-2009, 06:35 PM
I find it funny too that all these media outlets are making a big deal about the huge amount of teens/young people who
watched the inauguration. I'm pretty sure most of them have no clue what Obama's views are or what he stands for. Since
everyone else was watching, they might as well watch too, right?

Do these young kids make 60-80k a year, own a small business, have a family and a home? They arent worried about jack shit, thus this Obama nonsense is like a virus. They dont know why they love him, they only know every other thing on TMZ or access hollywood is Obama.

They are unconcerned about crime rates, socialism or a lawsuit destroying their familys life. They also dont care that their tax dollars are supporting "welfare queens" that are collecting checks from MI, WI, MN and IL simultaniously - while claiming under 3 different SSN #'s. Its perfectly legal, in fact they created a busline from IL to MN just so they could take part of the highly generous welfare system MN delivers. That is just 1 issue that WONT be fixed and thanks to the www.welfarerightsmn.org (http://www.welfarerightsmn.org) They are condoning that loophole. Can I be supported?

Then there is the person suing the Federal Government for 3 Quadrillion dollars, its a legit claim and they are working on negotiations. The funny part is the person's trailer park wasnt even in the epicenter of the damage. No wonder our economy is going under, and you guys think spending billions more on spreading the wealth is going to support a strong economy? All this shit is delivering the wrong idea's and the fucked up individuals are taking full advatage of these horrible flaws in the US government. But they wont ever reform any of this, because it would be racist and taking away the rights of the citizens.

All this Obama hype is people looking for handouts. One fucking man is going to fill your pockets? The economy will fix itself with the right congress - Or are you people worried about innocent people being killed in the middle east?

Im neither democrat or republican, but I do believe you make your own bed, you dig your own grave. What I earn to make is what I keep.

theronin
01-21-2009, 06:44 PM

couldnt have said it better myself. jesus i swear you and i share a brain sometimes.

CO240
01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
This thread is awesome! All this bitching and moaning and "We're fucked!" business is really funny, because the bottom line is that he is OUR FUCKING PRESIDENT NOW! And the perk for all that people that dont like that fact is, its still a free country, you have the option to pack up and leave. No one will though, they'd rather tell people how America is screwed and tell them the facts on why it's screwed.

Obama is the President, all the facts you can pull out of your ass isn't going to change that, so you might as well jump on the bandwagon... and lighten up.

*flame suit... engage*

Touge Noob S13
01-21-2009, 07:42 PM
watched the inauguration.

The principal at my high school gave the "option" (actually we were sort off forced to) watch the whole damn inarguation.

RJF
01-21-2009, 08:08 PM
What history? He wasn't the first African-American president.

(1) The 20th Amendment provides that “[t]he terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January….”

(2) Art II., Sec. 1 Cl. 8 provides that “efore he enter on the Execution of his Office, [The President] shall take the following oath….”

(3) President Obama did not take the Oath of Office until about 12:03 pm today, after Vice President Biden took it at about 12:01 p.m. (Yo Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman were still fiddling at noon).

(4) Therefore, there was a brief window (just after noon) when George Bush and Dick Cheney were no longer President and Vice President, but Barack Obama and Joe Biden also were not yet qualified to enter on the Execution of their offices.

(7) Section 19(d)(1) of the Presidential Succession Act provides: “If, by reason of … failure to qualify, there is no President pro tempore to act as President under subsection (b) of this section, then the officer of the United States who is highest on the following list, and who is not under disability to discharge the powers and duties of the office of President shall act as President: Secretary of State ….”

(8) Notably, Section 19(d)(1) does not condition the Secretary of State’s assumption of the powers and duties of the office of President on resignation of her current office, nor does elevation of the Secretary of State raise any constitutional issue of interbranch appointment.

(9) The term of office of the Secretary of State does not automatically terminate at noon on the 20th day of January.

(10) On January 20, 2009, Condoleeza Rice was (and is) still the Secretary of State.

(11) Accordingly, from 12:00 noon until 12:01 p.m. (when Vice President Biden took the oath of office and became Vice President), [B]Condoleeza Rice was momentarily the Acting President of the United States, our first African-American President.

Congrats to Condoleeza Rice! :w00t:

Grendel
01-21-2009, 08:35 PM
^
Your inbox must be full of right wing lulz like this.

S13_Nightkid
01-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes I am, I could get arrested for that statement now.

All the hood rats that are getting the wrong idea that they can stab, kill and shoot at white people because obama is back.
:wtf:
How ignorant can someone get? Looks like I just found out.

"Republicans freed the slaves."

True, infact Republicans did the most for civil rights i.e. Lyndon B Johnson.
Anyways, People are bitching why? It's been a day already and there is whining nonstop. You can keep this shit up for 4 years? Would McCain tickle your fancy by outsourcing jobs? Seriously ignorant comments like in the aformentioned quote deems your entire argument invalid.:hug:

Phlip
01-21-2009, 09:40 PM
^
Your inbox must be full of right wing fabrications like this.

There, fixed that for you.
Here is the truth:
LII: Constitution (http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.amendmentxx.html)
The 20th amendment does not read like that, not even a little bit

Gnnr
01-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm not talking about approval ratings...I was referring to the election.

Maybe I was off a percentage point or few....it's still quite high. :ughd:

Ahh, ok.

It just sucks so much that for once the US has a president that so many people are actually excited about and look up to. What will happen to The Daily Show? :(

Ehh, there hasn't been a President that didn't provide some comedic material. With Bush it was just too easy.

So many of you seem to blindly support him simply because of his skin color and don't know a thing about his views.

Are you talking about specific people in this forum? I hope you're not getting that impression from me. I haven't gotten that impression from anyone on here.

Exactly, that's the same reason why I don't see how someone can blindly criticize him, acting like he's going to be the end of the world.
I understand that the people who didn't vote for him are obviously upset their candidate didn't win, but the majority got what they wanted, and the minority has to go along with it. That's what elections are about, right? I personally think out of the choices the people were given, he was the best one anyway, but that's just my opinion obviously.

Maybe he'll turn out to be a great president, but who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be just as bad if not worse than Bush. Only time will tell, so everyone needs to calm down, instead of making all these ridiculous predictions, whether you're a right wing nut or a blind Obama fanatic.

Also, anyone who thinks Bush was a good president is an idiot in my opinion. Off the top of my head, I can't think of one single good thing Bush has accomplished. These same people are picking apart and scrutinizing Obama's every word, while Bush gave the most embarrassing interviews and speeches full of slip-ups and nonsense that I've ever heard come out of any president's mouth.

:werd: Its kind of too late to complain, he's already president. Its too early to whine, he hasn't done anything. You shouldn't think he's gonna do things out of his abilities. Don't buy into the hate or hype. But there is nothing wrong with being hopeful and having a positive outlook. I can understand if your skeptical or pessimistic though, politicians have lead us to be this way.

which i dont understand why they need hope, theyre doing fine

Uhh, I'm not even going to bother. No point in arguing with an ignorant person.

BTW, the Republicans and Democrats of the 1800s (and a few decades into the 1900s) are not the same as the Modern Republicans and Modern Democrats we know today. Very different.

HalveBlue
01-22-2009, 12:16 AM
True, infact Republicans did the most for civil rights i.e. Lyndon B Johnson.

Johnson was a Democrat.

lucky7
01-22-2009, 06:11 AM
what kind of dunce would ever get rid of GITMO bay? has he been eating retard sandwiches? any idea how much information they get out of those piles of crap they keep there? i didnt read if anyone mentioned in this thread, but i saw it on tv at school yesterday. i was immediately frustrated. what do they plan on doing with the guys being kept there? i have no idea how you can "mistreat" a terrorist.......?

used240sxparts
01-22-2009, 07:13 AM
My President Is Black, My Lambo's Blue And I Be God Damn If My Rims Aint Too...

Thanks young jeezy :)

imotion s14
01-22-2009, 07:53 AM
This thread is awesome! All this bitching and moaning and "We're fucked!" business is really funny, because the bottom line is that he is OUR FUCKING PRESIDENT NOW! And the perk for all that people that dont like that fact is, its still a free country, you have the option to pack up and leave. No one will though, they'd rather tell people how America is screwed and tell them the facts on why it's screwed.

I love it when stupid people try to be smart and contradict themselves, even funnier when it's done in the same sentence.

Why would I want to leave the country? We have freedom of expression and one of form of it is political expression.

Obama is the President, all the facts you can pull out of your ass isn't going to change that, so you might as well jump on the bandwagon... and lighten up.

*flame suit... engage*

And people jumped on the Bush bandwagon. Where did that end up? 2 fucking trillion dollar wars, bigger government, more debt, more deficit, and an economy on the verge of collapse.

But go ahead and follow him. Hopefully your ass won't turn out broke when he runs up deficits that would make Dubya blush with printed money and turn your dollar into toilet paper. Hell at that point toilet paper would be worth more on the black market than paper currency backed by nothing but blind faith in the government.

Not much anyone can do but to hold on tight and watch their own backs because the government is just going to make sure they spread the misery around when the chickens come home to roost.

stiizy
01-22-2009, 11:46 AM
http://x4c.xanga.com/76ff2a0b22c34230498549/m181651668.jpg

jackjack
01-22-2009, 12:27 PM
^yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

smellslikecurry
01-22-2009, 01:10 PM
lol this thread is comedy

Matej
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Awww, doesn't this picture make you want to give Ron Paul a hug?
http://bagnewsnotes.typepad.com/bagnews/images/Ron-Paul.jpg

fromxtor
01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
RJF: The gitmo issue bothers me alot, I wonder if he spoke on that subject prior to election would he even have gotten elected. You and I both know those ppl who are there and commited crimes (as I'm sure there were some innocents imprisoned there also), will not be getting their just reward for what they did.

what kind of dunce would ever get rid of GITMO bay? has he been eating retard sandwiches? any idea how much information they get out of those piles of crap they keep there? i didnt read if anyone mentioned in this thread, but i saw it on tv at school yesterday. i was immediately frustrated. what do they plan on doing with the guys being kept there? i have no idea how you can "mistreat" a terrorist.......?

I did see above.

Awww, doesn't this picture make you want to give Ron Paul a hug?
http://bagnewsnotes.typepad.com/bagnews/images/Ron-Paul.jpg

I voted for Dr. Ron Paul, and will vote for him again if he runs in the next election.

CO240
01-22-2009, 01:59 PM
I love it when stupid people try to be smart and contradict themselves, even funnier when it's done in the same sentence.

Why would I want to leave the country? We have freedom of expression and one of form of it is political expression.

BAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!

You know what I love? I love how miserable you are now that Obama is President. Im glad your staying, Im sure your gonna utilize the piss outta that freedom of expression for at least the next 4 years... have fun bro.

SimpleS14
01-22-2009, 02:43 PM
^
Your inbox must be full of right wing lulz like this.

LMAO!!! I was rolling when I read this :bowrofl:

This thread is both hilarious and depressing...

S13_Nightkid
01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Who is Ron Paul?lulz

I got owned.

Bubbles
01-22-2009, 08:24 PM

So when I turn on the tv or hear anything about Obama and all it ever has to do with is him being black you think race has nothing to do with it?

worangejuice
01-22-2009, 10:20 PM
damn, this has thread is outta control. It started witha party for Obama's inauguration.haha

Bigsyke
01-22-2009, 10:48 PM
So he closed down the prision, what is happening to all his brothers imprisioned there?

nightshiftgarage
01-22-2009, 11:56 PM
time will tell.......

on the other hand there are many expecting freebies,
there are many with disaproval because of skin tone,

just remember everyone, there are ignorant people of all races

HalveBlue
01-23-2009, 03:03 AM
So he closed down the prision, what is happening to all his brothers imprisioned there?

He's sending them to Cuba as revenge for the Mariel boatlift.

Take that, Fidel!

Phlip
01-23-2009, 06:09 AM
68 hours in now...

... where's the change?
When does the impeachment process begin?

S14DB
01-23-2009, 11:57 AM

It closes down next year. Plenty of time to find them another "Prison" to stay in.

Matej
01-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Obama's speech was great by the way, I finally watched it. It was straight forward and to the point, instead of being filled with election propaganda like most inauguration speeches usually are. He also acknowledged there are non-christian Americans.

Oh Obama, you are so good, so good, I need you right now. :love:

Phlip
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Obama's speech was great by the way, I finally watched it. It was straight forward and to the point, instead of being filled with election propaganda like most inauguration speeches usually are. He also acknowledged there are non-christian Americans. Cool.

Oh Obama, you are so good, so good. :love:

I also liked how the minister who gave the invocation did the same, even making the point of naming Jesus as even Jewish people and Muslims understand him, before finishing.
I just don't like how long he went with it.

imotion s14
01-23-2009, 02:35 PM
BAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!

You know what I love? I love how miserable you are now that Obama is President. Im glad your staying, Im sure your gonna utilize the piss outta that freedom of expression for at least the next 4 years... have fun bro.

How am I miserable? My assets are looking better and better. My personal finances will greatly increase under Obama as he puts the final nails in the coffin. :wavey:

WanganRunner
01-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, just because Gitmo's closing doesn't mean that they're just going to fling open the doors and let these people go free.

smellslikecurry
01-23-2009, 02:38 PM
anyone hear about how some tv show hosts and radio station djs refuse to call him "president obama" out of spite...

i mean i dont really care but some people really need to grow the fuck up

imotion s14
01-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Obama's speech was great by the way, I finally watched it. It was straight forward and to the point, instead of being filled with election propaganda like most inauguration speeches usually are. He also acknowledged there are non-christian Americans.

Oh Obama, you are so good, so good, I need you right now. :love:
All the while the money supply increases rapidly as the Feds debase the currency.

But hey, at least he acknowledges non-religious people!

DrIvEsldEwAyS
01-23-2009, 03:51 PM
i was told the prisoners in gitmo will be scattered around the us.

hopefully they will be near the white house and go after him. he is a ******* idiot and will not last 4 years.

smellslikecurry
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM
lol you think theyre going to let known terrorists and informants loose that easy...shits not that simple

Matej
01-23-2009, 05:35 PM
All the while the money supply increases rapidly as the Feds debase the currency.

But hey, at least he acknowledges non-religious people!
Seriously. If Ron Paul won, the dollar would be restored to its former glory overnight.

ThatGuy
01-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Ok, so someone just emailed me this link.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/)

Take it for what you will.

As of the last time I looked at it, 5 Promises were already kept, and 14 more were already in the works. Should be interesting to see what becomes of the remaining 488. None have been Broken.

I do not envy my Boss's job, not at all. While I may not have selected him to be my new Boss, I want to see what he'll do now that he's in the position.

Can no one simply respect a man for his position anymore?

Phlip
01-23-2009, 07:38 PM

You knew the answer to that before you typed it, those that CAN respect a man for his position are far less likely to be caught bitching about it. To all those watching on, that person doesn't exist.

Antihero983
01-23-2009, 08:04 PM
If I may say something... even though I already have.
I think a lot of people might feel the same way that I do about the whole Obama thing.

I think it is absolutely great that so much of America is HAPPY and excited for the president. When was the last time that happened? From what I have seen, other parts of the world are happy too. Wow, that MUST be good.

There is so much "CHANGE" propaganda and all that. People love it and say it all the time. "HOPE" "CHANGE"

That's great.

The problem is this...

I feel that a LARGE part of that "CHANGE group" (as I will call them) are simply hopping onto a badwagon with blinders on their eyes.

So, what is the point of being so pumped up on somebody, if they don't have any idea WHY they are pumped up for him.

I hear everybody say, Ohhhh this is great. This is such a great thing for America. This is CHANGE. This is historic.

Ok... great.

It is for this reason why I get upset when people label me a racist for not seeing all this hype and greatness of Obama.

All in all, I hope he does a great job and I hope America is more united because of it. That would be wonderful.

At this point I'm tired of writing.
fuck it.

Gimme my SLURPEE.

holy shit. for once.....I agree with you Brian.

imotion s14
01-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Seriously. If Ron Paul won, the dollar would be restored to its former glory overnight.

Who the fuck said it was gonna be overnight? There is no Santa Claus solution to restructuring the economy. But it's one step in the right direction by electing someone who actually understands the economy and another step in restoring sound money after 40 years of idiotic monetary policy.

But you probably think inflation is a good thing.

Anyway, they got the Zimbabwe trillion dollar denominations on ebay now. :wavey:

http://i3.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/2c/9b/dda5_1.JPG

theronin
01-23-2009, 10:26 PM

so when obama is our president we are to respect him for his position. however when bush was our president it was ok to degrade him every chance they got. double standards give me a fucking hardon. The Daily Show, Colbert Report, these shows were almost purposefully devoted to undermining our president. But once Obama gets in office, Oh dear dont say anything bad about our president HE'S ALL FOR CHANGE!!!!

Will.i.am can also suck a fat dick.

Matej
01-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Who the fuck said it was gonna be overnight? There is no Santa Claus solution to restructuring the economy. But it's one step in the right direction by electing someone who actually understands the economy and another step in restoring sound money after 40 years of idiotic monetary policy.

But you probably think inflation is a good thing.
Hey, did you know that Ron Paul had no shot at winning?

At least out of the two candidates who did have a shot at winning, the people elected the one who knows something about the economy, as little as it may be, as opposed to the one who was clueless.

Inflation rules.

smellslikecurry
01-24-2009, 12:23 AM

At least out of the two candidates who did have a shot at winning, the people elected the one who knows something about the economy, as little as it may be, as opposed to the one who was clueless.

Inflation rules.

QFT

I am completely apathetic to who the president of our country is. With the way things are going...nobody can save us.

BUT I have to say...

Barack Obama is maybe a trillion times smarter than McCain. Hell he's probably a trillion times smarter than the last 43 presidents. Whether you like him or not...i think we all have to agree that he knows how to play the fucking game.

ps...I still cant believe his middle name is Hussein. HOW fucking ironic...

ThatGuy
01-24-2009, 09:06 AM
so when obama is our president we are to respect him for his position. however when bush was our president it was ok to degrade him every chance they got. double standards give me a fucking hardon. The Daily Show, Colbert Report, these shows were almost purposefully devoted to undermining our president. But once Obama gets in office, Oh dear dont say anything bad about our president HE'S ALL FOR CHANGE!!!!

Will.i.am can also suck a fat dick.

I never said that, and I hope you aren't implying that I did.

I understand everyone enjoys their freedom of speech and freedom of the press, but I did not like the amount of disrespect shown to GWB. I had the same mindset for him. You are free to disagree with his decisions and policies, but he was still the President of the United States and deserved the respect that goes along with that.

I don't watch The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, or even SNL for just that reason.

I'm not saying we should all rollover and bow down to whatever President Obama says. However, you can express personal opinions without blatantly disrespecting the individual. If you'll notice, I stated that I did not vote for him. I'm not on the "Change" train, so to speak. But that is not a reason for me to disrespect him.

This is just my opinion however. Just like it is my opinion that most people will read this, and completely ignore what I have said because they take their freedoms for granted and don't give a damn about being a decent human being.

Brian
01-24-2009, 09:54 AM
holy shit. for once.....I agree with you Brian.

:)
I'm glad you do.
It may seem like I am bitching about things for no reason, but one day, it just CLICKS and you get it.

I'm glad you agree and see the situation that made Mr. Obama our president.

RJF
01-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Six years ago today...

…Daniel Pearl was kidnapped, later to be brutally beheaded by his captors with the video proudly posted on the Internet for the world to see.

The terrorists who committed this act, were they to be captured today under the Obama Administration’s policies, would be brought to the mainland United States for trial in civilian courts, be granted the rights of habeas corpus and the right to remain silent, could not be subjected to any coercive interrogation practices, and would have the right to see all evidence against them, as well as cross examine their accusers.

Rest in peace, Daniel.

S14DB
01-24-2009, 12:12 PM
could have been, would have been, should have been...

Let's terrorize the terrorists. That will show them!

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials believe a detainee who was released after six years in Guantanamo Bay is now a top figure in the Yemen branch of al-Qaida.

A U.S. counterterrorism official confirmed Friday that Said Ali al-Shihri was released in 2007 after six years of confinement. The official, speaking on condition of anonymity in order to discuss foreign intelligence, says al-Shihri is one of a one of a small group of deputies in what's known as "al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula."

An Internet site commonly used by militants had announced that al-Shihri is the group's second-in-command in Yemen. The Internet statement said the detainee returned to his home in Saudi Arabia after his release from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and then went to Yemen to help lead al-Qaida.

Gitmo works! Turns "non-threats" in to terrorists...

murda-c
01-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Six years ago today...

…Daniel Pearl was kidnapped, later to be brutally beheaded by his captors with the video proudly posted on the Internet for the world to see.

The terrorists who committed this act, were they to be captured today under the Obama Administration’s policies, would be brought to the mainland United States for trial in civilian courts, be granted the rights of habeas corpus and the right to remain silent, could not be subjected to any coercive interrogation practices, and would have the right to see all evidence against them, as well as cross examine their accusers.

Rest in peace, Daniel.

Yeah, we call that due process.

It's actually a good thing.

Bigsyke
01-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, we call that due process.

It's actually a good thing.

Please explain how that is a good thing? Civil rights?

EDacIouSX
01-24-2009, 12:24 PM
So when I turn on the tv or hear anything about Obama and all it ever has to do with is him being black you think race has nothing to do with it?

every god damn fucking thing about this election has to do with him being BLACK.

not him being half black because his white half is the fuckign antichrist to the world. so he is full black.

i'm so friggin sick of it. WHO CARES IF HE'S FUCKING HALF BLACK. god damnit man.

Brian
01-24-2009, 12:29 PM
WHO CARES IF HE'S FUCKING HALF BLACK. god damnit man.

America.
America cares.

ThatGuy
01-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Check this picture out.

Fullscreen Gigapan Viewer (http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen.php?auth=033ef14483ee8994966 48c2b4b06233c)

Use the zoom and pan buttons in the upper left corner.

I figured this picture had more to do with this Thread than all the back and forth arguing currently going on.

Prelude Guy
01-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Just curious. Is it really true he broke a few of his promises already? Like not stopping the petty politics (taking shots at Bush on the Whitehouse homepage his first day on the job), announced the nomination of a Lobbyist to be Deputy Sec of Defense on the second day on the job, and is not being very "Transparent" with the media? None of these things are true, are they? I thought he said no to all of these. :ughug:

Bigsyke
01-24-2009, 12:51 PM
every god damn fucking thing about this election has to do with him being BLACK.

not him being half black because his white half is the fuckign antichrist to the world. so he is full black.

i'm so friggin sick of it. WHO CARES IF HE'S FUCKING HALF BLACK. god damnit man.

Some individuals believe a black pesident is a chance to flip the script on the white man.

chrisa
01-24-2009, 12:52 PM
i saw that pic last night, it was taken with a $350 digital camera. NOT even a DSLR or anything...its a lot of pics to make that one big one. Amazing.

eastcoastS14
01-24-2009, 12:59 PM

Im half black and I just got a letter from him in the mail granting me diplomatic immunity...you gotta be half black to get it tho, and im really not supposed to be talking about it..sorry guys

I also got all my parking tickets wiped out and no longer have to pay taxes.....

eastcoastS14
01-24-2009, 01:01 PM
could have been, would have been, should have been...

Let's terrorize the terrorists. That will show them!

Gitmo works! Turns "non-threats" in to terrorists...

oo whoops to bad this story is about a dude who was released in november of 2007 under president Bush...oh well

Phlip
01-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Im half black and I just got a letter from him in the mail granting me diplomatic immunity...you gotta be half black to get it tho, and im really not supposed to be talking about it..sorry guys

I also got all my parking tickets wiped out and no longer have to pay taxes.....

Am I to assume that I did not get that letter because I am more than half?
Dude, what kind of change is this?!
IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT!!!

smellslikecurry
01-24-2009, 01:10 PM
maybe a brown man in office 2012?

HAH who am i kidding that shit will never happen

Phlip
01-24-2009, 01:17 PM
maybe a brown man in office 2012?

HAH who am i kidding that shit will never happen

You need to define "brown," here, then show a picture of yourself, otherwise someone will sue you for being racist.
*rimshot*

s13Dr1ft
01-24-2009, 01:43 PM
I voted for Obama, not because of his race. He is getting way to much publicity for it and is milking it. HBO had a HUGE celebration full of celeb's and every other black musician playing.

Ill be the first to say it, his wife is busted.

The way i look at it is. He will either help us or fuck us. Time will tell.

Bring back Slick Willy.

Bigsyke
01-24-2009, 01:50 PM
I voted for Obama, not because of his race. He is getting way to much publicity for it and is milking it. HBO had a HUGE celebration full of celeb's and every other black musician playing.

Ill be the first to say it, his wife is busted.

The way i look at it is. He will either help us or fuck us. Time will tell.

Bring back Slick Willy.

Help WHO though?

More spending and handouts is only going to KILL the producers of society

RJF
01-24-2009, 02:15 PM
In his first week as president Barack Obama already banned harsh interrogations, closed Gitmo, passed legislation to fund foreign abortions, pi$$ed off the Vatican, stared down a reporter, pi$$ed off Pakistan, bombed an ally, killed civilians, snarked at GOP leaders and bashed Bush.

Interesting change.

eastcoastS14
01-24-2009, 02:37 PM
^ should we recap the bush administration?

smellslikecurry
01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
In his first week as president Barack Obama already banned harsh interrogations, closed Gitmo, passed legislation to fund foreign abortions, pi$$ed off the Vatican, stared down a reporter, pi$$ed off Pakistan, bombed an ally, killed civilians, snarked at GOP leaders and bashed Bush.

Interesting change.

woa what happened with pakistan, bombing allies and killing civilians? what did I miss?

eastcoastS14
01-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Suspected U.S. Missile Strikes Kill at Least 20 in Pakistan - washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/23/AR2009012301220.html?hpid=topnews)

obama said he would do it lol....promise kept

Matej
01-24-2009, 02:53 PM
I voted for Obama, not because of his race. He is getting way to much publicity for it and is milking it.
Actually he's not the one milking it. Obama is whiter than Will Smith. It's the media who's milking it, and the people are eating it up.

eastcoastS14
01-24-2009, 03:16 PM
anyone who cant see the significance of the united states of america electing a non white president to office is half retarded

Brian
01-24-2009, 03:21 PM
It IS significant. I agree.

smellslikecurry
01-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Suspected U.S. Missile Strikes Kill at Least 20 in Pakistan - washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/23/AR2009012301220.html?hpid=topnews)

obama said he would do it lol....promise kept

Judging by the article, Pakistan doesn't really care that were killing their militants. They seem happier with the new administration in office.

ANNNNND Obama didnt START bombing Pakistan...WEVE BEEN bombing them

VVV

At least 132 people have been killed in 38 suspected U.S. missile strikes inside Pakistan since August as the administration of President George W. Bush stepped up pressure on Pakistan to pursue more aggressively Taliban and al-Qaeda insurgents in the country's tribal areas.

Matej
01-24-2009, 03:28 PM
anyone who cant see the significance of the united states of america electing a non white president to office is half retarded
My thoughts exactly.

And people around the world celebrated when Obama got elected. Not even as much because of his race, most could care less what color his skin is, it was mainly because of his stance on foreign relations.

I know many will say why should we worry about what the rest of the world wants, but if they don't see the advantages of this, whatever...

Bigsyke
01-24-2009, 03:36 PM
He's all about civil rights. However the majority of civil rights protects the unlawful. Theyre more worried about how some crack head theif gets her paper, and how a criminal gets treated consistantly like any old citizen.

Whats next, all the convicted get a 2nd chance?

He's trying to please the people with horrible discresions

And I thought it wasnt about race?

For what reason in 2009, do we need suddenly a black president? lil wayne?

Give me a valid reason?

I havent seen a decrease in black on white hatred - viceversa; Ive seen an increase since the election

Matej
01-24-2009, 03:44 PM
It's not about a specific race. It's about being progressive and moving ahead.

Are you white & scared? Haha.

Bigsyke
01-24-2009, 03:46 PM
It's not about a specific race. It's about being progressive and moving ahead.

Are you white & scared? Haha.

Yes actually,

Matej
01-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Don't worry, maybe one day your grandchildren will get scholarships just for being white.

eastcoastS14
01-24-2009, 03:56 PM
^ who said anything about needing? Its not about needing anything. If you cannot understand the significance of the last country in the western world to do away with slavery, a country that saw a civil rights movement and the desegregation of the US within the lifetimes of our parents and grandparents to suddenly be able to elect a man who is black, who lawfully could be excluded from many establishments in this country only 40years ago and now holds the highest office in the country. Idk how anyone can deny having the face of the most powerful nation be a black one is somehow irrelevant. Im half black and my parents tell me stories about ppl saying shit to them when they were out together back in the day. Obama is the product of a family just like mine, and it makes me proud that our country has come far enough in the last century to allow this moment to happen. Everyone has to understand that minority groups like italians(which i am also part of) and the Irish gained power and assimilated into this country by their own people being elected into office and fighting for their rights and helping their communities. Many groups such as black people, gays, hispanics have never had this type of representation so their rights and communities can end up suffering. Its not all about race but it is very significant to the black population of this country and it says a lot about how far the US has come

Phlip
01-24-2009, 04:29 PM
^ who said anything about needing? Its not about needing anything. If you cannot understand the significance of the last country in the western world to do away with slavery, a country that saw a civil rights movement and the desegregation of the US within the lifetimes of our parents and grandparents to suddenly be able to elect a man who is black, who lawfully could be excluded from many establishments in this country only 40years ago and now holds the highest office in the country. Idk how anyone can deny having the face of the most powerful nation be a black one is somehow irrelevant. Im half black and my parents tell me stories about ppl saying shit to them when they were out together back in the day. Obama is the product of a family just like mine, and it makes me proud that our country has come far enough in the last century to allow this moment to happen. Everyone has to understand that minority groups like italians(which i am also part of) and the Irish gained power and assimilated into this country by their own people being elected into office and fighting for their rights and helping their communities. Many groups such as black people, gays, hispanics have never had this type of representation so their rights and communities can end up suffering. Its not all about race but it is very significant to the black population of this country and it says a lot about how far the US has come

See, but you're HALF black, I am more than half, not quite all mathematically because my grandmother's grandparents were white and half native american, but all the way on my dad's side... I don't get that diplomatic immunity you spoke of a few posts back.
Otherwise, I call for impeachment.

Bigsyke
01-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Everyone has to understand that minority groups like italians(which i am also part of) and the Irish gained power and assimilated into this country by their own people being elected into office and fighting for their rights and helping their communities. Many groups such as black people, gays, hispanics have never had this type of representation so their rights and communities can end up suffering. Its not all about race but it is very significant to the black population of this country and it says a lot about how far the US has come

Are you kidding me bro? You do realize their rights have effectivly provided all sorts of emunity over ANY white person.

Do you know the hate crimes act gives them a .50 cal in a sword fight.

You work in an office? I swear only a handfull of people ever see all this shit people are doing in the name of Obama (yes they make it quite known Obama has their back), most of them are police officers.

I go by the shit storm of ghetto mother fuckers I deal with every day, and the statistics to back it up, I go by the sudden increase of ghetto mother fuckers causing crimes because Obama is suddenly in power, and they assume hes "down wit a N***A"

I have nothing against Obamas fucked up policies, or his color - but I do have a problem with these peoples menalities that suddenly they are immune to any laws.

smellslikecurry
01-24-2009, 05:53 PM
where do you live

Phlip
01-24-2009, 05:54 PM
I go by the shit storm of ghetto mother fuckers I deal with every day, and the statistics to back it up, I go by the sudden increase of ghetto mother fuckers causing crimes because Obama is suddenly in power, and they assume hes "down wit a N***A"

I have nothing against Obamas fucked up policies, or his color - but I do have a problem with these peoples menalities that suddenly they are immune to any laws.

I will concede that ignorant fucks are talking like Obama being in office is a golden pass "I ain't gotta pay my bills, I ain't gotta yaddayaddayadda..." but the fact remains the world is still real, and that shit ain't about to happen... Get fucking real.
I searched ALL weekend and grilled my friends and family who were up there, I did this ALL WEEKEND about the climate (speaking in terms of crime in DC inauguration time) in DC, in fact, I spoke about it in my blog (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=38538196&blogID=465552453) and the fact of the matter is that there was none.
I am not seeing this "Obama is in" crime spree that you have fabricated here, and I am a black dude in a black neighborhood with black friends.
What YOU are saying makes you come off as a racist. Not because you don't care for Obama, that can be arrived to through the conventional means of personal preference. It is because YOU SPEAK LIKE A FUCKING SCARED-ASSED BIGOT WHO SPEAKS AS IF HE THINKS HE WILL BE MADE A SLAVE BEFORE 2011. You've done nothing to convince me of your side of this, so I will resume the dry sarcasm after this particular post.

Brian
01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
I wonder if the election of Mr. Obama is going to INCREASE the racial barriers again...
I HOPE it doesn't.

Should be interesting.

Bubbles
01-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Yes actually,

I love it.

Awesome.

ESmorz
01-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Everything I've ever said.

If you are serious about your comments. You are one of the dumbest people on these boards.

:wiggle:

Bigsyke
01-24-2009, 06:08 PM
where do you live

MN

I will concede that ignorant fucks are talking like Obama being in office is a golden pass "I ain't gotta pay my bills, I ain't gotta yaddayaddayadda..." but the fact remains the world is still real, and that shit ain't about to happen... Get fucking real.
I searched ALL weekend and grilled my friends and family who were up there, I did this ALL WEEKEND about the climate (speaking in terms of crime in DC inauguration time) in DC, in fact, I spoke about it in my blog (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=38538196&blogID=465552453) and the fact of the matter is that there was none.
I am not seeing this "Obama is in" crime spree that you have fabricated here, and I am a black dude in a black neighborhood with black friends.
What YOU are saying makes you come off as a racist. Not because you don't care for Obama, that can be arrived to through the conventional means of personal preference. It is because YOU SPEAK LIKE A FUCKING SCARED-ASSED BIGOT WHO SPEAKS AS IF HE THINKS HE WILL BE MADE A SLAVE BEFORE 2011. You've done nothing to convince me of your side of this, so I will resume the dry sarcasm after this particular post.

Exactly, your a black man in a black neighborhood. Most of this shit dosent happen in a black neighborhood. And you and I both know they dont report on every single act of violence, theft ect...if any really. There are shootings downtown minneapolis and I never hear about them on the news. Stabbings, shootings, murders and human trafficking at mall of america and I've never once seen a news report on TV or the Net. Only way you would ever know about all of this shit going down is if you talked to a Mall employee/security officer.

Are they going to make a news story about consistant black people being released from jail with the mindset/metality that they were released because Obama is now president? Are they going to document and publisize anything that would be deemed racist? Fuck no- thus you really dont know untill your in the middle of it every fucking day.

Im proud to say im sick of hood rats stealing, then sueing then continuing on a cyle working the system all while recieving welfare - which MN is known to have the most generous; Thus bringing statistically the most crime - to recipient ratio than any other state/city in the US. - So that should answer your Racist/Biggot response.

If you are serious about your comments. You are one of the dumbest people on these boards.

Ill take that as a complement

eastcoastS14
01-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Are you kidding me bro? You do realize their rights have effectivly provided all sorts of emunity over ANY white person.

Do you know the hate crimes act gives them a .50 cal in a sword fight.

You work in an office? I swear only a handfull of people ever see all this shit people are doing in the name of Obama (yes they make it quite known Obama has their back), most of them are police officers.

1. how old are you?
2. where are you from?
3. can you provide your sources of increase in "ghetto mother fuckers causing crimes"?

Bubbles
01-24-2009, 06:11 PM

I will see that and raise you two.

:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

And one of these for good measure.

:boink:

Toodles :drool::drool:

smellslikecurry
01-24-2009, 06:17 PM
i actually murdered all of my white neighbors this morning...

obama said it was cool...

and now that gitmos closed...i've got nothing to worry about...

Bubbles
01-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Obama doesn't care about white people.......

smellslikecurry
01-24-2009, 06:38 PM
that made me lol

kanye lol

BlackRedX
01-24-2009, 08:44 PM
zomg.. shut up. race really shouldn't be a fact anymore. WHO gives a flying F**k about what his f**king color is! I don't! I respect that fact that he is a man that had the mental capacity to even make it into office. I can also respect the fact that he was able to sway people into voting for him through pretty much 2 words, which btw were "hope" and "change."

I DIDN'T vote for him because I DON'T agree with his views and his policies. I DON'T agree with his plans for taxes and healthcare and business. BUT I still respect his motivation and I do pray that he realizes what he could do that would ultimately hurt this country with what he has spoken of.

It is the people and media that make it out that race is a factor. if everyone would just STFU about your f**kin race then there would be no problems with this.

I can understand ethnicity and nationality. I can understand culture and background from where you and your family and your ancestors are from. EX) Mexico celebrates Cinco de Mayo. EX2) India celebrates Republic Day Festival.

Thats different, obviously. but plz plz plz stop bringing up race as an actual issue. *sighs*

Alright.. hm... I'll share with you alittle closer to what I like and believe in.

Go to youtube.com and type in MACHOSAUCEPRODUCTIONS.

I'm really just trying to clear a few things up is all. It just really gets to me when people try to use race as an excuse when in reality it shouldn't matter one bit. OH SNAP!

eastcoastS14
01-24-2009, 09:19 PM
5NyvYwfZR38
-_cdbByTeNE

BlackRedX
01-24-2009, 09:47 PM
^as previously stated, what media does.

Bigsyke
01-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Heres some values; You tell me

Job training for ex-offenders, to avoid return to crime. (Jul 2008)
We need more cops; but we also need more families. (Jun 2008)
Reduce recidivism by providing ex-offender supports. (Feb 2008)
Ban racial profiling & eliminate disparities in sentencing. (Feb 2008)
Have a civil rights division enforce laws fairly and justly. (Jan 2008)
GovWatch: No, more young black men in college than in prison. (Jan 2008)
Lack of enforcement sets tone for more hate crimes. (Dec 2007)
Legislated protecting police detainees during interrogation. (Nov 2007)
Pushed Illinois bill to videotape all capital interrogations. (Oct 2007)
No extra penalty for gang association. (Oct 2007)
Works on ex-offender laws because it could have been him. (Aug 2007)
Need justice that is not just us, but is everybody. (Jun 2007)
Reformed death penalty by listening & compromising. (Feb 2007)
Some heinous crimes justify the ultimate punishment. (Oct 2006)
Videotape all capital punishment interrogations. (Oct 2006)
Passed 150 laws to toughen penalties for violent crime. (Oct 2004)
Restrict police entry rules, to protect our civil liberties. (Oct 2004)
Death penalty should be enforced fairly and with caution. (Oct 2004)
Death penalty should not discriminate by gang membership. (Oct 2004)
Battles legislatively against the death penalty. (Jul 2004)
Supports alternative sentencing and rehabilitation. (Jul 1998)
Voted YES on reinstating $1.15 billion funding for the COPS Program. (Mar 2007)
Increase funding for "COPS ON THE BEAT" program. (Jan 2007)
Reduce recidivism by giving offenders a Second Chance. (Mar 2007) -William Ayres

Heres another report; Cant confirm however

OBAMA'S MOTHER THE WELFARE QUEEN
NEWS FROM:
ANDY MARTIN
Executive Editor
ContrarianCommentary.com

BARACK OBAMA: WELFARE THIEF

OBAMA'S MOTHER THE WELFARE QUEEN

(CHICAGO)(June 16, 2007) For young people today it is difficult to imagine the arrogance and corruption that characterized welfare recipients in the 1960's and 70's. Barack Obama wants to bring back the 'good old days- of welfare fraud, when his mother was 'ripping of
the man.-

Obama, of course, is a master pickpocket. But he doesn't pick our wallets, he picks at our emotions, speaking boldly with the use of emphatic but hollow phrases. And every so often he drops in a zinger, just to confirm that he knows everyone else wants to 'rip off the man- too. A vote for Barack Obama is a vote to bring back the old days of welfare thievery. Exhibit A: The Obama Family.

Today's Chicago Tribune (June 16th) has a huge picture of Obama telling us to have 'responsible- fathers. What about responsible mothers? Dropped into the Tribune story is this gem: '[Obama] noted that, without support from his father (who was in Kenya siring more children and drinking up good whiskey) he and his mother at times turned to food stamps to make ends meet.-

I found this reference startling, because I did not remember any admission of welfare use by Obama and his mother. I checked my notes on 'Dreams From My Father- (dreams after a night of whoring and whisky in Kenya?) and found no reference either. So I started digging.

It appears that the Barack-Obama-On-Welfare claim originated in Time magazine in a story by Joe Klein. See: TIME (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1546302,00.html). Later, Larry King picked up the story and asked Obama about it on CNN. Then the issue faded. Until June 15th.

In Klein's story the line is slightly different, and more arrogant: 'For example, I was going to a fancy prep school, and my mother was on food stamps while she was getting her Ph.D.-

Well, the origins of the Obama-On-Welfare reflect a callous indifference to 'ripping off the man.-

First, we have been led to believe that while he was at prep school in Hawaii, Obama lived with his grandparents. His grandmother worked at a bank. How is it they were able to afford tuition for prep school and could not afford money to feed their grandson? Strange. Maybe that's why grandma is hidden and avoids the public. She knows the Obama family's dirty secrets.

It is possible that Obama might have lived with his mother at some point while she was a doctoral candidate in Hawaii, and voluntarily unemployed after competing two college degrees. Obama seems to think it was all right for his mother to collect welfare while she 'invested in herself.- Unfortunately, they had a name for such abuses, even in the 60's: criminal fraud.

Welfare was never intended as a public subsidy for people who wanted to become long-term college students. Mrs. Obama (if that is the name she should be given, given her former husband's frolicking in Kenya) seemed to think it was perfectly all right for her to claim welfare benefits at the taxpayer's expense while her son went to prep school, and someone paid thousands of dollars of private school tuition and she pursued endless academic studies. What about student loans? Well, those would have to be repaid, of course. No need to repay welfare. Just 'rip off the man.- Man.

While he served as mayor of New York, Rudy Giuliani tightened requirements for welfare and food stamps. Hundreds of thousands of cheats like the Obama family left the public trough. Now Democrats are trying to liberalize welfare and food stamps in New York again, and the parasites are salivating at the new opportunity to 'rip off the man.- Democrats want to bring back the 'salad days- of welfare in Washington too. Or, rather, the private school tuition days of welfare.

By coincidence, my mom was studying her for Ph.D in the 1960's. She did not apply for welfare and supported her family on a teaching assistant's salary of $4,800 a year. She did not have money for private school tuition at exclusive academies of the type Obama's family enjoyed. There was a lot of white bread and baloney sandwiches. My mother would have sooner died than apply for welfare. But then that's the difference between an honest American family and Obama's Kenyan-American rip-off artists. For us, welfare was a form of shame. Obama, obviously, is shameless.

And the liberal morons keep sending him money and swooning. Instead of 'Obamagirl.com,- we need a -Barrysmomwasawelfarequeen.com- web site to alert Obama to the need to improve his standards of public morality.

There are few, if any, Americans who would deny a neighbor help in a time of genuine need. I have served at church soup kitchens, and many of us have contributed to programs for those in need. But few of us feel the need to subsidize people who want to get a doctorate degree, or who want to 'save- their money for private school tuition or who are too lazy to apply for a student loan or work part-time, like Mrs. Obama. Many of us remember standing in supermarket lines and seeing people use food stamps to buy food, and then using their cash to buy alcohol and cigarettes. They called it 'ripping off the man.-

The fact that Obama refers to the fact that his mother was a welfare queen, and that she thought nothing of ripping off society for her own selfish benefit, tells a lot about the man. This is another example of why Obama has such a troubled psyche. Instead of shame, Obama is telling us he wants to bring back the good old days when his mom was ripping the man.

Is it any wonder people voted for Ronald Reagan for president in 1980? Obama's mother was one very obvious reason the thievery and arrogance and corruption had to stop. It did. Except in Obama's mind, where stealing from taxpayers is what he promises for his future presidency.

Maybe, as a matter of conscience, Obama should repay the money that his mom ripped off from the 'man.- The 'man- was and is the American people that he now claims he wants to serve.

Barack Obama owes the American people an explanation. And an apology.
Welfare queen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_queen)

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2002/02/27/usdom3768.htm (http://hrw.org/english/docs/2002/02/27/usdom3768.htm)

All figures are for Minneapolis.

1990, 78.4% White;

--Murder: 2.1 per 100,000
--Rape: 30.2 per 100,000
--Robbery: 81.5 per 100,000
--Assault: 129.6 per 100,000

2000, 65% White;

--Murder: 2.85 per 100,000
--Rape: 48 per 100,000
--Robbery: 78.1 per 100,000
--Assault: 142.7 per 100,000

Minnesota State

Percent of Percent of
Sex state total Race state total
Female . . . . . . . . . . . . 50.6% African American . . . . 2.8%
Male . . . . . . . . . . . . . 49.4% American Indian . . . . . 1.2%
Asian . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5%
White . . . . . . . . . . . . 93.4%

A
ge group Age group
Under 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.3% 35 to 39 . . . . . . . . . . . 8.9%
Under 5 . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.7% 40 to 44 . . . . . . . . . . . 8.3%
1 to 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5.4% 45 to 49 . . . . . . . . . . . 7.0%
5 to 9 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.4% 50 to 54 . . . . . . . . . . . 5.5%
10 to 14 . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.8% 55 to 59 . . . . . . . . . . . 4.3%
15 to 19 . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.6% 60 to 64 . . . . . . . . . . . 3.6%
20 to 24 . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.2% 65 and older . . . . . . . 12.3%
25 to 29 . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.6% Adults . . . . . . . . . . . . 26.7%
30 to 34 . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.8% Juveniles . . . . . . . . . . 73.3%
Note: Percentages are based on July 1, 1997, estimates. This estimate
may differ from previously reported data due to differences in the
information source used.
- U.S. Census Bureau

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Before the:
Senate Judiciary Committee
Subcommittee on Youth Violence

June 7, 1995

Mr. Chairman, Distinguished Members of the Committee:

My name is Michael Tanner and I am the director of health and welfare studies at the Cato Institute. I appreciate the opportunity to appear before the committee on an issue of extreme importance to the American people. There is no doubt that juvenile crime is a serious and continuing problem in this country. There are many factors contributing to the rise in juvenile violence and crime, from the glorification of violence in the media to the failure of the "war on drugs." But, today, I would like to focus on a factor that has received far less attention -- the relationship between the welfare state and crime.

Last year, the Maryland NAACP released a report concluding that "the ready access to a lifetime of welfare and free social service programs is a major contributory factor to the crime problems we face today."(1) Their conclusion appears to be confirmed by academic research. For example, research by Dr. June O'Neill's and Anne Hill for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services showed that a 50 percent increase in the monthly value of combined AFDC and food stamp benefits led to a 117 percent increase in the crime rate among young black men.(2)

Welfare contributes to crime in several ways. First, children from single-parent families are more likely to become involved in criminal activity. According to one study, children raised in single-parent families are one-third more likely to exhibit anti-social behavior.(3) Moreover, O'Neill found that, holding other variables constant, black children from single- parent households are twice as likely to commit crimes as black children from a family where the father is present. Nearly 70 percent of juveniles in state reform institutions come from fatherless homes, as do 43 percent of prison inmates.(4) Research indicates a direct correlation between crime rates and the number of single-parent families in a neighborhood.(5) bla bla bla bla bla.........

As welfare contributes to the rise in out-of-wedlock births and single-parent families, it concomitantly contributes to the associated increase in criminal activity.

In MN we have a welfare problem, we have the largest sum of recipients.

Thus Obamas reform will not end the problems we (MN)- face on a daily basis - Theft, Crime ect.

Fun facts; - Kill Ratio -12yr run
Sniper attack 100%
Gangland killing 97
Juvenile gangland killing 88
Violation of narcotic drug laws 87
Argument over money or property 77
Motor vehicle theft 75
Lovers’ triangle 72
Circumstance unknown 50
Argument with a nonfamily member 48
Other noncrime (type unknown) 48
Argument with a family member 46
Other crime (type unknown) 42
Robbery 40
Larceny 40
Burglary 30
Alcohol- or drug-induced brawl 27
Other sex offenses 25
Prostitution and commercialized vice 25
Rape 13
Suspected relationship to a crime 7
Arson 0
Child killed by the baby sitter 0
Institutional killing 0
Note: “Other crime” circumstances are situations in which the offender
committed the homicide while engaging in another crime such as
kidnapping or vandalism.

Victims and offenders were usually of
the same demographic group

Across all categories, offenders targeted victims of the
same race. Nine out of 10 white offenders between 1985
and 1997 killed whites. Seventy-one percent of African
Americans, 64 percent of American Indians and 57 percent
of Asians murdered individuals within their racial group.
Within racial categories, Asian offenders had a higher
proportion of African American victims than other races.
Almost three-fourths of both male and female homicide
offenders targeted male victims. Juvenile and adult
offenders were prone to have adult victims, at 75 and 86
percent, respectively. Almost twice as many juvenile as
adult offenders, however, had juvenile victims. Offenders
and victims within each age group tended to be of the same
category as well. These findings were consistent over the
13-year period.

Whites comprised more than half of the victims in almost
every circumstance category. Victims of murders involving
narcotic drug law violations and gangs from 1985 to 1997
were most often African American. A greater share of
Asian victims than those of other races were victims of
robbery-related murders. American Indian victims were
more likely to be involved in alcohol- or drug-induced
brawls. African Americans were less likely to die in
arguments with family members, while Asians were less

This is what I deal with about 12 times a fucking day, all African American - Nor does a store prosecute due to racial discrimination lawsuits that are 99/100 times settled in the theifs favor.

ORGANIZED RETAIL THEFT
New Initiative to Tackle the Problem

04/06/07
http://www.fbi.gov/headlines/retail040607.jpg
These thieves waltz into a department store…fill up a cart with expensive medicines, DVDs, baby formula, or other high-cost items…then walk right out the door without paying for it by slipping past security or using other deceptive techniques.
It’s called organized retail theft, and it’s a $30 billion to $37 billion a year crime problem, according to industry estimates.
“The overall price tag is more than burglary, larceny, robbery, and auto theft combined,” says Supervisory Special Agent Brian J. Nadeau, program manager of the Organized Retail Theft Program at FBI Headquarters. “These aren’t shoplifters taking a pack of gum. These are professional thieves. This is their day job.”
These thieves—called “boosters” —can make good money for their efforts, Nadeau said. They typically are paid 30 cents on the dollar for stolen goods. In some cases, they haul off $5,000 to $10,000 worth of merchandise each time they leave a store. The same team might hit several stores in a day and the same store once a month. A really good professional thief can make between $100,000 and $200,000 a year.
Boosters waste no time. They get in and out stores quickly because they know what they want. In fact, they’re often given a shopping list by their “fences”—people who buy their goods. Then, they get out of Dodge fast. “They can be in the next jurisdiction or across state lines by the time local police arrive to take a report,” Nadeau says.
More on fences. Street-level fences typically buy from a couple different boosters, pay in cash or drugs, and sell the merchandise in their own discount stores, at flea markets, or through online auctions. Some sell to higher-level fences who repackage—or scrub—the goods and pawn them off on retailers at prices that undercut legitimate distributors. Ironically, some stolen merchandise can actually make its way back on to the shelves of the chain store where it was stolen, Nadeau says.
Besides the huge financial toll retail theft takes on the industry—which leads to higher consumer prices—there are safety issues, too. Some stolen products—including baby formula and medicine—have expiration dates that are altered before being resold. Some products may be stored incorrectly and go bad. In some cases, boosters approached in the store may even turn violent.
Tackling the problem. We’ve worked retail theft issues for years, in concert with industry and law enforcement partners. Now, a groundbreaking new database will help our collective efforts.
The database—called the Law Enforcement Retail Partnership Network (http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel07/database040507.htm), or LERPNet (http://www.fbi.gov/cgi-bin/outside.cgi?http://www.lerpnet.com)—is available to participating retailers and law enforcement through a secure Internet portal. It was developed in partnership with the Retail Industry Leaders Association and the National Retail Federation. To date, more than 32 retailers representing 46,000 stores have signed on.
The network will provide a uniform way of tracking retail theft, improve information sharing, and help tie rings to multiple crimes. It will also enable retailers and law enforcement to see if there are patterns in geographic areas and in types of merchandise taken or even if boosters prefer to hit at a particular time of day.
“Organized retail theft is a huge problem. Thankfully, we’ve got a huge network of partners to tackle it together,” Nadeau says.

-FBI.gov

Now what is obama going to do to fix our real problems?

S13_Nightkid
01-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Some of that shit is over a decade old. Honestly IMO if you don't like where you live STOP YOUR BITCHING AND MOVE. You say you're not racist but from what you have posted in this thread has made u sound contradictory and fucking ignorant.

"Whites comprised more than half of the victims in almost
every circumstance category." Every race on white crime? Seriously don't try to point out a race because of certain ignorant people. I could say "white trash always keeps shit for themselves, greedy motherfuckers." But im only referring to a certain demographic?

murda-c
01-25-2009, 12:17 AM
White people are much more than half of the population, of course they are victims more than half the time, lol.

eastcoastS14
01-25-2009, 12:20 AM
US is 12% black

S13_Nightkid
01-25-2009, 12:20 AM
exactly!
lol wut. It used to be 17% like two years ago.But the US is about 60?ish percent white.

Bigsyke
01-25-2009, 12:31 AM
90% of whites kept it in their own race
71% of African Americans Kept it in their own race
Ect

Percent of Percent of
Sex state total Race state total
Female . . . . . . . . . . . . 50.6% African American . . . . 2.8%
Male . . . . . . . . . . . . . 49.4% American Indian . . . . . 1.2%
Asian . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5%
White . . . . . . . . . . . . 93.4%

Yet African Americans Had About 50 more murders in the whole state than whites in a 13 year period, and about 200 more counts of felony charges.

Dont give me that ignorant/racist schoolgirl bull shit, make up a different word/combo phrase of dull.

The crime stats dont matter one bit, untill you then follow up with the welfare system we have, which makes our crime in this demographic different then yours.

smellslikecurry
01-25-2009, 01:29 AM
dont lie

you hate black people cause they have bigger junks

and what the fuck do your statistics have to do with obama?

RJF
01-25-2009, 10:26 AM
More change.....

Well, not really. I guess Bush wasn't all wrong or can you say "double-standard"

The Obama administration fell in line with the Bush administration Thursday when it urged a federal judge to set aside a ruling in a closely watched spy case weighing whether a U.S. president may bypass Congress and establish a program of eavesdropping on Americans without warrants.

In a filing in San Francisco federal court, President Barack Obama adopted the same position as his predecessor. With just hours left in office, President George W. Bush late Monday asked U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker to stay enforcement of an important Jan. 5 ruling admitting key evidence into the case.

Thursday’s filing by the Obama administration marked the first time it officially lodged a court document in the lawsuit asking the courts to rule on the constitutionality of the Bush administration’s warrantless-eavesdropping program. The former president approved the wiretaps in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

“The Government’s position remains that this case should be stayed,” the Obama administration wrote (.pdf) in a filing that for the first time made clear the new president was on board with the Bush administration’s reasoning in this case.

Matej
01-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Double standard.

Definitely double standard.

Double standard y'all.

The dollar has been on the increase ever since Obama got elected.

Watching money in my Euro bank account pile up.

http://www.bpcouncil.com/var/10/1535-expensive%20wine.jpg

smellslikecurry
01-25-2009, 11:12 AM
when theres a change in regime things always get better for a little...

businesses take bigger risks

people invest/spend more

its all based on the "hope" that things will get better with new admin

look at germany during hitler

Phlip
01-25-2009, 11:39 AM
look at germany during hitler

Wow, Godwin's law strikes...
So late in the thread.
I love it.

Can we impeach the president yet?

smellslikecurry
01-25-2009, 11:48 AM
haha godwins law is absolute

you think this thread would defy the universe?

Phlip
01-25-2009, 12:46 PM
haha godwins law is absolute

you think this thread would defy the universe?

You know, while I didn't think this thread would defy the universe, I WAS banking on the whole "change" thing...
Looks like I was dead wrong again, when can we impeach the president?

RJF
01-25-2009, 03:25 PM
This guy worked in the Clinton Administration

The Obama Presidency: Here Comes Socialism

By Dick Morris

Published on TheHill.com on January 20, 2009

2009-2010 will rank with 1913-14, 1933-36, 1964-65 and 1981-82 as years that will permanently change our government, politics and lives. Just as the stars were aligned for Wilson, Roosevelt, Johnson and Reagan, they are aligned for Obama. Simply put, we enter his administration as free-enterprise, market-dominated, laissez-faire America. We will shortly become like Germany, France, the United Kingdom, or Sweden — a socialist democracy in which the government dominates the economy, determines private-sector priorities and offers a vastly expanded range of services to many more people at much higher taxes.

Obama will accomplish his agenda of “reform” under the rubric of “recovery.” Using the electoral mandate bestowed on a Democratic Congress by restless voters and the economic power given his administration by terrified Americans, he will change our country fundamentally in the name of lifting the depression. His stimulus packages won’t do much to shorten the downturn — although they will make it less painful — but they will do a great deal to change our nation.

In implementing his agenda, Barack Obama will emulate the example of Franklin D. Roosevelt. (Not the liberal mythology of the New Deal, but the actuality of what it accomplished.) When FDR took office, he was enormously successful in averting a total collapse of the banking system and the economy. But his New Deal measures only succeeded in lowering the unemployment rate from 23 percent in 1933, when he took office, to 13 percent in the summer of 1937. It never went lower. And his policies of over-regulation generated such business uncertainty that they triggered a second-term recession. Unemployment in 1938 rose to 17 percent and, in 1940, on the verge of the war-driven recovery, stood at 15 percent. (These data and the real story of Hoover’s and Roosevelt’s missteps, uncolored by ideology, are available in The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes, copyright 2007.)

But in the name of a largely unsuccessful effort to end the Depression, Roosevelt passed crucial and permanent reforms that have dominated our lives ever since, including Social Security, the creation of the Securities and Exchange Commission, unionization under the Wagner Act, the federal minimum wage and a host of other fundamental changes.

Obama’s record will be similar, although less wise and more destructive. He will begin by passing every program for which liberals have lusted for decades, from alternative-energy sources to school renovations, infrastructure repairs and technology enhancements. These are all good programs, but they normally would be stretched out for years. But freed of any constraint on the deficit — indeed, empowered by a mandate to raise it as high as possible — Obama will do them all rather quickly.

But it is not his spending that will transform our political system, it is his tax and welfare policies. In the name of short-term stimulus, he will give every American family (who makes less than $200,000) a welfare check of $1,000 euphemistically called a refundable tax credit. And he will so sharply cut taxes on the middle class and the poor that the number of Americans who pay no federal income tax will rise from the current one-third of all households to more than half. In the process, he will create a permanent electoral majority that does not pay taxes, but counts on ever-expanding welfare checks from the government. The dependency on the dole, formerly limited in pre-Clinton days to 14 million women and children on Aid to Families with Dependent Children, will now grow to a clear majority of the American population.

Will he raise taxes? Why should he? With a congressional mandate to run the deficit up as high as need be, there is no reason to raise taxes now and risk aggravating the depression. Instead, Obama will follow the opposite of the Reagan strategy. Reagan cut taxes and increased the deficit so that liberals could not increase spending. Obama will raise spending and increase the deficit so that conservatives cannot cut taxes. And, when the economy is restored, he will raise taxes with impunity, since the only people who will have to pay them would be rich Republicans.

In the name of stabilizing the banking system, Obama will nationalize it. Using Troubled Asset Relief Program funds to write generous checks to needy financial institutions, his administration will demand preferred stock in exchange. Preferred stock gets dividends before common stockholders do. With the massive debt these companies will owe to the government, they will only be able to afford dividends for preferred stockholders — the government, not private investors. So who will buy common stock? And the government will demand that its bills be paid before any profits that might materialize are reinvested in the financial institution, so how will the value of the stocks ever grow? Devoid of private investors, these institutions will fall ever more under government control.

Obama will begin the process by limiting executive compensation. Then he will urge restructuring and lowering of home mortgages in danger of default (as the feds have already done with Citibank).

Then will come guidance on the loans to make and government instructions on the types of enterprises to favor. God grant that some Blagojevich type is not in charge of the program, using his power to line his pockets. The United States will find itself with an economic system comparable to that of Japan, where the all-powerful bureaucracy at MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry) manages the economy, often making mistakes like giving mainframe computers priority over the development of laptops.

But it is the healthcare system that will experience the most dramatic and traumatic of changes. The current debate between erecting a Medicare-like governmental single payer or channeling coverage through private insurance misses the essential point. Without a lot more doctors, nurses, clinics, equipment and hospital beds, health resources will be strained to the breaking point. The people and equipment that now serve 250 million Americans and largely neglect all but the emergency needs of the other 50 million will now have to serve everyone. And, as government imposes ever more Draconian price controls and income limits on doctors, the supply of practitioners and equipment will decline as the demand escalates. Price increases will be out of the question, so the government will impose healthcare rationing, denying the older and sicker among us the care they need and even barring them from paying for it themselves. (Rationing based on income and price will be seen as immoral.)

And Obama will move to change permanently the partisan balance in America. He will move quickly to legalize all those who have been in America for five years, albeit illegally, and to smooth their paths to citizenship and voting. He will weaken border controls in an attempt to hike the Latino vote as high as he can in order to make red states like Texas into blue states like California. By the time he is finished, Latinos and African-Americans will cast a combined 30 percent of the vote. If they go by top-heavy margins for the Democrats, as they did in 2008, it will assure Democratic domination (until they move up the economic ladder and become good Republicans).

And he will enact the check-off card system for determining labor union representation, repealing the secret ballot in union elections. The result will be to raise the proportion of the labor force in unions up to the high teens from the current level of about 12 percent.

Finally, he will use the expansive powers of the Federal Communications Commission to impose “local” control and ownership of radio stations and to impose the “fairness doctrine” on talk radio. The effect will be to drive talk radio to the Internet, fundamentally change its economics, and retard its growth for years hence.

But none of these changes will cure the depression. It will end when the private sector works through the high debt levels that triggered the collapse in the first place. And, then, the large stimulus package deficits will likely lead to rapid inflation, probably necessitating a second recession to cure it.

So Obama’s name will be mud by 2012 and probably by 2010 as well. And the Republican Party will make big gains and regain much of its lost power.

But it will be too late to reverse the socialism of much of the economy, the demographic change in the electorate, the rationing of healthcare by the government, the surge of unionization and the crippling of talk radio.

Ricks15
01-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Im kinda lost as to why the prison in cuba got shut down, and now what is gona happen to all those bastards who were and had something to do with the 9-11 attacks. Are those guys going to be jailed here in america or are they gona be sent back to there country and serve time there?

S13_Nightkid
01-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Send them to san quentin?
Those darn liberals and their Socialism!:nono:

smellslikecurry
01-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Im kinda lost as to why the prison in cuba got shut down, and now what is gona happen to all those bastards who were and had something to do with the 9-11 attacks. Are those guys going to be jailed here in america or are they gona be sent back to there country and serve time there?

theyre figuring something out...their countries dont want them back

most likely theyll be imprisoned somewhere around here

imotion s14
01-25-2009, 09:07 PM

I sure did. His own party marginalized him. Even the clowns at Fox were marginalizing Dr. Paul.

After all this country did elect GWB.

Twice.

Inflation rules.

Their understanding of the economy is the same. They believe that the economy can be stimulated. They didn't elect Obama because he knew more about the economy more.They elected him because they think he will magically be able to take them back to the good ole Clinton days and the tech boom of the mid to late 90s. Where new internet companies put out IPO and their stocks hit the stratosphere. And then go bankrupt after expanding and burning up all their capital with no sound business model to actually make profit.

Guess people forgot the bust part.

ThatGuy
01-28-2009, 01:21 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/political-pictures-barack-obama-chill-out-got-this.jpg

Bigsyke
01-28-2009, 07:23 PM
RJF I enjoyed that post. I truely believe Obama has the fate of this country in his hands. I truely believe he is juggling millions of lives in his hands; I know the whole terrorism deal has been beating to death and debunked - however I do think Americans were to trigger happy for change, without fully understanding their candidate. Isnt the timing just too good? The US is on the fence. To most ignorant Americans he has good intentions; but why is he slowly killing the economy?

Matej
01-30-2009, 11:10 PM
This is kute.
Daft Punk vs. Adam Freeland - "Aer OBAMA" on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/2842004)