PDA

View Full Version : s14 ka24de swap into s13 reving/idling/bogging problem

Smoothlikewater
01-20-2009, 12:14 AM
hey guys i have a problem that i've been trying to figure out for weeks now and its driving me nuts the problem is the car turns on and idles awesome but when i try to give the car gas it bogs down and dies or idles really low sometimes it will on rev up to 5k rpm and then drop down and die and when i try to turn it on again it wont turn it seems like its flooding itself and i gotta give it like a couple and mins before i can turn it on again again im using a pre obd 1 95 s14 KA the only i changed/used was the 91-93 distributor, 91-93 wiring harness, intake tubing and maf, and ecu any help guys would help me out alot and get my car going again its been 2 months since i last drove it thanks!

nightshiftgarage
01-20-2009, 01:58 AM
hmmm , check vacum leaks maybe

supreme_1
01-20-2009, 02:05 AM
whats your fuel pressure? maybe a bad regulator? otherwise maybe vaccume leaks, did you clean your iacv?

Smoothlikewater
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
no i havent clean the iacv hmm regulator yeah maybe yeah vaccum could be but the motor has been sitting for awhile

Smoothlikewater
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
anyone got any other theory's about about this mystery? been troubleshooting today still couldn't find the problem

Smoothlikewater
01-22-2009, 10:24 PM
damn im still lost no one has any ideas??

Devil Man
01-22-2009, 10:28 PM
i have simillar problem but mine is random when it does it.... i have replaced my fuel pump, FPR and swaped fuel pump relays and i still have the problem checked vac lines, im going to try to hard wire the fuel pump and replace the coil, and next i really think its the ecu

Smoothlikewater
01-22-2009, 10:59 PM
does your car run? mines doesnt it just sits there and idles does rev if it does itll only go up to 6 RPM and i let off the gas it'll just die i sprayed intake cleaner still didnt do shit my intake started popping really loud so im really stuck but let me know what you do to fix it i appreciate your input on this :D

Devil Man
01-23-2009, 09:07 PM
yes mine does run and when its running good its quite fast, but once this grimlin comes the car is quite under powered. floored in second gear and you are litteraly going nowere. I dont drive wrecklessly to be honest but there are a few times where i need to have power to get going a little quicker and the car can sometimes just start acting up and really put me in a bad situation. Not only that but i cant enter a drift event because i cant drift with this problem due to the loss of power.... a geo 3cyl would work me hard thats how bad it is.

Smoothlikewater
01-24-2009, 12:00 AM
interesting yeah will mines is not even in drivable condition due to the piece of crap ka24de being gay on me and wont even rev at ALL if it does it'll just die when i let off the gas and no one is seeming to help/know the problem i tihnk im gonna take it to a mechanic to fix this i went to one today and he said i need to bring the car there so im gonna see whats up with the problem when he figures it out and i will let you know why it does that but yeah dude again thanks for your input!

supreme_1
01-24-2009, 01:01 AM
devil man, maybe you have a clogged exhaust system

Smoothlikewater
01-26-2009, 11:11 PM
i finally got the car running it was my timing off by like 60 degrees LOL i hope this helps if someone encounters this problem....thanks your input guys!